Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

what players from our lower grades do people feel will be ready to step up next year and the year after
player / Position , I don’t get to see any lower grades much so really don’t have an idea , this is just in regards to a player like Garner now confirmed to be leaving , do we have a young fellow who could be ready to take his spot on the bench or do we need to buy a heap of players to cover our guys leaving at year end , I know Blore is injured and will come back

Quote from Garner’s manager re his move to Penrith ;

““The Tigers have had some lean years and Luke hasn’t been able to play finals footy, but now he is joining a Rolls Royce footy side and he is keen to press for a grand final and hopefully win a comp.”

Ouch ….
Harsh, but fair in my view .
What the ? If Panthers are the Rolls Royce, what does that make us? The Tata Nano? I resent that!

I'll play along as its fun to dream...
Imagine having this pack next year for Hastings and Co to play behind....

Stefo
Api
Haas
Papa
Bird
AD

That my Friends would change the landscape big time and other players would want to join this club..

Sheen needs to make this happen
Have Wests Tigers got the Cap Space to make it happen is the big question.

Ganrer is a fringe 1st grader at a bottom 4 club.
His versatilty was appreciated,but his skill level means the only premiership he's see will be the KOE Cup at the Panthers...theres so many better there already with more coming through
Bad career decision for him,but forces us to upgrade
Glad he has gone. Offers nothing and seems to just go through the motions. Lucky he didn't have much competition for a spot in the 17.

Apparently he dropped a “bombshell” on the club by signing with the riff…. Where do these guys get off….haha
Don't let facts get in the way of a story.

The bloke who wasn't picked in the starting side this year, was overtaken by a rookie second-rower, played 62 games in 5 seasons (14 off the bench), bombshelled his current employer.

““The Tigers have had some lean years and Luke hasn’t been able to play finals footy, but now he is joining a Rolls Royce footy side and he is keen to press for a grand final and hopefully win a comp.”

Ouch ….
Fair enough. It just so happens we are in the market for Rolls Royce players, hence we are letting go the likes of Garner.

Ouch ….
Yep, I agree but it would also be fair to repond as follows "Luke Garner has had some lean years and Wests Tigers haven’t been able to play finals footy, but now we can recruit a Rolls Royce back rower so we can press for a grand final and hopefully win a comp.”
Equally fair, I think.

Glad he has gone. Offers nothing and seems to just go through the motions. Lucky he didn't have much competition for a spot in the 17.

Similar story came out when Eisenhuth left
- He didn't win a comp... Aint first picked there.

Meh...

Why are people still mentioning Haas when it was a BS statement from Lee’s Fedora who suddenly disappeared when called out for saying it

Back