Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I have not watched LL at the cowboys how bad has he been 1 game or most of them ?
The 9 commentators commnted how he had changed into a good, hard-working player since leaving the Tigers. He's still got mistakes in him but why is it that either he didn't want to work hard with us/ we don't demand players work hard?

Watching the final series first three games and you can see how much a decent forward pack in the modern game is required to win the middle to provide the platform for the backs to perform.

Two experience props needed asap or 2023 is going to be another long season.

The 9 commentators commnted how he had changed into a good, hard-working player since leaving the Tigers. He's still got mistakes in him but why is it that either he didn't want to work hard with us/ we don't demand players work hard?
I think he did work hard for us. He just couldn't do it effectively for 80 minutes every game. Cowboys didn't pay 700k for a player who was rubbish. LL was one of the few in our team who could break a tackle and give us some go forward. We just relied on him too much

I don't care about Collingwood in fact hope Swans win next week but main concern for me is Wests Tigers and I don't care much about finals
One thing I note is Panthers clear top of the table and only team to have easy win this weekend .The other 2 games could have gone either way but not concerned . Think Panthers win it all again anyway.
Back on the tigers - have we signed ANYONE ! Yet

I think he did work hard for us. He just couldn't do it effectively for 80 minutes every game. Cowboys didn't pay 700k for a player who was rubbish. LL was one of the few in our team who could break a tackle and give us some go forward. We just relied on him too much
Madge liked to play him without a rest for 80 mins and let player no.17 have 2 mins game time at the end of the game. It so surprising to see him play so much better after having a rest. Who would of thought?

Madge liked to play him without a rest for 80 mins and let player no.17 have 2 mins game time at the end of the game. It so surprising to see him play so much better after having a rest. Who would of thought?
I'm not sure he is playing better he is just surrounded by a wealth of talent that doesn't exist in our squad - in the forwards and backs - and so the workload is shared. LL was great for us.

When Lee H was talking about Nofa going to Storm on loan, said he just needs a reason to play well. He plays well for Samoa. QLD can get an average club player into origin playing like a world beater. It’s the special something which produces the extra 5 or 10% effort, the hysterical strength at a time of need.
The way to do this is by using anchoring, a cognitive bias working in a favourable way. But it needs to be imbedded first. You might recall Madge repeating “Wests Tigers are always in a f...n game” or Tommy’s “cattle dog”. Words which trigger anchoring.
When each player has this default position the result can be powerful.
It’s so important to have a sense of belonging and loyalty for something bigger than its individual parts. We simply don’t foster this.

You summed him up pretty much but I’ll add he really can’t defend either. He can run that’s about the only positive I can say about Brooks but when you look at his tackles he still misses on average 3-5 a game. Brooks isn’t the answer and I hope to god (if there is one) that he signs with Knights come Nov 1 we have to try something different going forward.
How about we try something different like a forward pack that constantly goes forward, has some line speed and puts the opposition on their backs. We haven’t done that since 2010/11. Might be something worth exploring.

When Lee H was talking about Nofa going to Storm on loan, said he just needs a reason to play well. He plays well for Samoa. QLD can get an average club player into origin playing like a world beater. It’s the special something which produces the extra 5 or 10% effort, the hysterical strength at a time of need.
The way to do this is by using anchoring, a cognitive bias working in a favourable way. But it needs to be imbedded first. You might recall Madge repeating “Wests Tigers are always in a f...n game” or Tommy’s “cattle dog”. Words which trigger anchoring.
When each player has this default position the result can be powerful.
It’s so important to have a sense of belonging and loyalty for something bigger than its individual parts. We simply don’t foster this.
The current anchor seems to be 70 percent effort is good enough.

I still don't think he does it that well for the Cowboys either. He was only a star with us could he was the only one who could make a break. At the Cows, he's really a part-timer - there's lots better than him there.

I still don't think he does it that well for the Cowboys either. He was only a star with us could he was the only one who could make a break. At the Cows, he's really a part-timer - there's lots better than him there.
They have some great players - going to need some salary cap magic to keep them all.

That was such a stupid comment. It was Vautin. He was consistently one of our best players. He is playing exactly the same way for them as he did for us.

I wish we'd kept him. Him and IP would be a great edge backrow combination.

I'm not sure he is playing better he is just surrounded by a wealth of talent that doesn't exist in our squad - in the forwards and backs - and so the workload is shared. LL was great for us.

People are revising history. Consistently one of our best players and we went to him all the time. His defense was poor at times for us but it's harder to defend well when the defense as a whole is ordinary.

Latest posts

Back