Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What is it with your Suli love Demps. Bloke is the only centre in NRL history who is dumber and lazier than Joey Leilua
Reading that Benji is interested... It makes sense to me.

Playing with his friends the Fainu bros & for his first club, under Benji.... I can see it working out.

I get the criticisms but he's about worn out his welcome in the NRL and a reunion like this could really see him become his best.

I don't disagree with what you're saying but I can see something good happening here.

Does anyone know what the go is with Billy Smith?

The Roosters backline for 2024 is looking like:

Dominic Young, Joseph Suaalii, Joseph Manu and Daniel Tupou .. maybe they've told him to play NSW Cup for a year? If he stays injury free, much like Connor Tracey, he would be an improvement on our centres, and in my opinion, an improvement on the centres we've been linked to
Smith just signed an extension. Reckon Daniel Tupou might be done

Reading that Benji is interested... It makes sense to me.

Playing with his friends the Fainu bros & for his first club, under Benji.... I can see it working out.

I get the criticisms but he's about worn out his welcome in the NRL and a reunion like this could really see him become his best.

I don't disagree with what you're saying but I can see something good happening here.
A lot of ifs there. We’ve taken enough chances on players like him over the years and been bitten. We need guys that are proven.

Yeah I think Nofa would be a big 'win' if we could offload him given the size of his contract for a winger.

Maybe we could entice a club to take him if we have another player they want and we can package Nofa in plus pay a bit of his freight.

The one I think could happen is Blore & Nofa to Bulldogs, Addo Carr to us. We take a player they don't want to maintain, vice versa and they also get Blore who Gus rates very highly!

As much as I want Blore to stay, this gets us speed & experience in the backline, frees up a 2nd roster spot to re-sign Staines (more speed) and gives an opportunity to Samuela Fainu to fill Blore's boots.

Should I get on the phone to Gus?
hard part about Blore for Addo-Carr is the fact that the Dogs don't actually need backrowers, which is where Blore wants to play. if he was a middle, then yeah, it makes sense. but he isn't. he also has incredible upside and I'd be disappointed to see him anywhere else.

this is where the retention of Seyfarth and Twal becomes a little irritating, because either of them could've been offered up for JAC and snapped up pretty quickly by the Dogs. Blore's ceiling is pretty high and that will get Gus to the table, but I'm interested to see how it plays out.

if I'm WT I'm pulling the trigger on it to be honest. we need speed and class in the outside backs and Fox brings both of those in spades. Blore may well come back to hurt us, sure, but the imbalance of our squad needs to be fixed.

I'm impressed by the Dogs ability to get rid of over paid and under performing players early. I wish Tigers could do the same. Lucky for us dogs usually replace them with over paid and under performing players.

I know this isn't Gould's tweet, but he does the same thing. Can anyone explain to me why he refuses to use the plural when talking about teams? It's bizarre.

From Daily Telegraph:

Manly have offered rising star Haumole Olakau’atu the equal-longest deal in the club’s history – worth almost $7 million - in a bid to keep the back-rower away from rival clubs.

Reactions: 851
Could be fake news but the report says we paid Sheens $1M to part ways.

How is that possible if it was initiated by Sheens?

Some shrewd negotiating by the club as usual.

"Alot cheaper than $1m"? Don't know if I believe that.
Halves are a premium, and SOO halves are even worse. Not saying that he's all that and a bag of chips but the kid can play, and if the Dragons want him they will need to front up the cash just like us.
Prior to us signing any of our halves, I said we should be in the race for him.
I think the Cows will do whatever they can to keep him but as @tigerballs said their cap is a problem. I can see him moving, and it won't be for much less than $1m a year...
Probably got more chance of luring the Chad to rejoin his supercoach and mentor his son than to take Dearden out of North Queensland.

From Daily Telegraph:

Manly have offered rising star Haumole Olakau’atu the equal-longest deal in the club’s history – worth almost $7 million - in a bid to keep the back-rower away from rival clubs.
I don't know how they can afford it

Jake Turbo: $900k
Tommy Turbo: $1.1M
DCE: $1.2M (according to Zero Tackle)
Brooks: $650k
Schuster: ~$500 - 600k
Koula extended to 2027 ..

and now Olakauatu on a big deal?

Latest posts

Back