Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What’s all this about Jaycar and the Tigers? As far as I know, Jaycar has never sponsored the Wests Tigers. Can someone fill me in please?
Some folks complaining that we haven't managed to get 100% of Wests Tigers or Balmain or Magpies supporters or sympathisers to sponsor the club.

I believe when he was once asked why he didn’t want to buy the club he said “Just because I have a lot of money, it doesn’t mean I want to waste it”.
That’s nice isn’t it. Proof that his input has always been a myth.

I believe when he was once asked why he didn’t want to buy the club he said “Just because I have a lot of money, it doesn’t mean I want to waste it”.
Crowe bought into Souths while Richo was the boss there.
Stranger things have happened

Reactions: 851
Given Tupou is leaving I’d think it makes sense exploring what the Dolphins might be open to giving up to get him now
They have a ridiculously strong set of outside backs
Isaako, Farnworth, Averillo, Niu, Aitken, Hammer, TeWhare
Even Niu or Aitken might be improvements for us
Jack Bostock also lurking in the background too. Can play centre or wing.

20 years old. 194cm. 97kg.

Junior origin rep that has looked good in that scene. Didn’t do much particularly impressive or terrible in his 4 games for Dolphins last year, but has upside and is from Wollongong so has moved his life to QLD and has a thoroughly blocked pathway with the logjam there.

Wouldn’t mind Niu either, but he would be higher money and less likely for a range of reasons in my opinion.

Now with Olam on board 27 out of 30 spots have been filled for 2025. And should Stefano re-sign as @teddy23 has mentioned that’s gonna be 28 filled. Just wish Tumeth didn’t have a PO for 25 because my gut tells me he’ll take it up and if he does that’s 29 should Stefano stay on. Interesting times ahead.

Last edited:
Now with Olam on board 27 out of 30 spots have been filled for 2025. And should Stefano re-sign as @teddy23 has mentioned that’s gonna be 28 filled. Just with Tumeth didn’t have a PO for 25 because my gut tells me he’ll take it up and if he does that’s 29 should Stefano stay on. Interesting times ahead.
I think Tumeth will head to the Super League clearly down the chain in the pecking order. Only stays if no wants him. He would be on the minimum $$$

Now with Olam on board 27 out of 30 spots have been filled for 2025. And should Stefano re-sign as @teddy23 has mentioned that’s gonna be 28 filled. Just wish Tumeth didn’t have a PO for 25 because my gut tells me he’ll take it up and if he does that’s 29 should Stefano stay on. Interesting times ahead.
Stef is already Contracted for 2025. There are 22 Contracted positions taken for 2025.

I think Tumeth will head to the Super League clearly down the chain in the pecking order. Only stays if no wants him. He would be on the minimum $$$
Tumeth wouldn’t be on much $$$ but he still takes up a spot in the 30 which is the annoying part. Hoping he does go elsewhere have to clear out more deadwood if possible.

There’s more than that mate it’s 27 and Stef at this stage has an option for 25. He’s technically not under contract for 25.
Incorrect...its not an option.

Contracted players are Bula, Bateman, Tallin, Latu, Sam Fainu, Feledy, klemmer, Api, Luai, Matamua, Miller, Naden, Nofo, olam, Ice, Pole, Seyfarth, Staines, Sullivan, Toa, Twal, Stef.

Who did I miss?

Jack Bostock also lurking in the background too. Can play centre or wing.

20 years old. 194cm. 97kg.

Junior origin rep that has looked good in that scene. Didn’t do much particularly impressive or terrible in his 4 games for Dolphins last year, but has upside and is from Wollongong so has moved his life to QLD and has a thoroughly blocked pathway with the logjam there.

Wouldn’t mind Niu either, but he would be higher money and less likely for a range of reasons in my opinion.
Bostock would be a good buy for the club.

Incorrect...its not an option.

Contracted players are Bula, Bateman, Tallin, Latu, Sam Fainu, Feledy, klemmer, Api, Luai, Matamua, Miller, Naden, Nofo, olam, Ice, Pole, Seyfarth, Staines, Sullivan, Toa, Twal, Stef.

Who did I miss?
Chris Fa’agutu, Kit and Luke Laulili, Tony Sukkar, and Solo Saukuru also join our top 30 in 2025. 4 of our 6 development players this year join the 30 in 25. Only ones aren’t are Lobb who’s on development for 2 years and Faatape is on a development contract just for this year.

Back