Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I have no idea whether they are staying or going, it’s all based on a post from Mistymuzzle.
The point I made previously is both are still very young for NRL level forwards despite turning 21 at some stage in 2024.
Therefore as it does for many others, it could have taken them the past season or two to really toughen up, mature and get used to the week to week grind of senior professional rugby league. It would be great to see how they both go in the first half of season 2024 before allowing them to head elsewhere.
Very similar situation with our even younger players, but I am of the belief it’s a much easier transition for backs and dummy halves to make the transition at a younger age as they are not constantly in the bash & barge like the forwards are.
We have already seen a massive improvement from Sione Fainu from last season to this season and I believe he turns 22 in 2024.e making
Maybe this has something to do with us chasing the Souths lock , move our two on and pick up a 1st grade player in the making , just my thoughts

Why do we even bother with Balmain as one of our local rep teams? Not one player has been retained with talent from that side recently.
had we kept locals Conti and Nasser maybe so but otherwise what is the point?
Need to speak to Bronson about what's doing with Balmain and WT.

The lack of quality in the squads in recent years is all too obvious. No recruits are sent there. Also a few claims Balmain aren't even selecting the best players available to them, favouring the sons of mates and executives over more talented kids etc.

Looking at their performances thus far it's hard to see what value the WT are currently getting out of BT, when we should be utilising the fact we've got a second team of junior reps available to us.

I'll be watching our junior rep and flegg games on saturday with keen interest

The days of massive sides has passed.
Mobile teams will run them out of puff.

The way sports science is today I don't think small teams will dominate. When you have guys the size of Payne Haas capable of playing 80, I believe sides will gradually get bigger and not lose any mobility or fitness to the smaller forwards. Players like Bateman will find it hard to compete. We are already seeing how battered Cam Murray gets.

The way sports science is today I don't think small teams will dominate. When you have guys the size of Payne Haas capable of playing 80, I believe sides will gradually get bigger and not lose any mobility or fitness to the smaller forwards. Players like Bateman will find it hard to compete. We are already seeing how battered Cam Murray gets.
It’s no good being big, but have limited mobility.
If you look at the St George-Illawarra squad including Luciano Leilua, they are all big and have good to decent mobility to go with it.
Hoping we beat them home on the ladder, but I don’t think they will be easy to beat with Shane Flanagan in control.

What are your thoughts, are we are fit enough to outlast them?

Fitness has always seemed to be an issue for us.
It will all depend on what gameplan we come with. Smashing it up the middle will play into their hands. This week we will need to see the ball moving a little wider and moving the big men about. Api will be able to keep the A and B defender interested and if the start to drift could do a lot af damage with Sullivan and Bulla up the middle. This is a game where Sullivan could come into his own.

On the flip side of the coin though it is unlimited interchange so the big boys can go hard and rotate regularly. I don't think that is how Flannagan will approach it though - he will want to get some minutes into his starters.

Staines and Tupou need to be in this game, unlike last week, otherwise it will be a tough day out.

Shane Flanagan has made his intentions quite clear as he has by far the biggest team in the NRL and will obviously try to over power and bash opposing teams, starting with us on Saturday night.
Besides Hunt, Flanagan and Liddle who I wouldn’t call midgets, the rest of the team are basically all over 100kgs. If the rumour of moving Lomax to fullback eventuates and Tuipolutu comes in on the wing, it will mean their whole 1-5 will be over 100kgs along with their entire forward pack aside from Liddle.
Who knows whether or not it will work, but every team they play will know they have been in a hard physical contest, particularly over the first 40mins.
Test out the big lad's fitness levels. Fitness is what won Penrith the 2023 premiership.

Are we being censored on WTF now.
I replied to an article at about 5.45 pm today To do with possibility of club dropping the Tiger emblem, then at 7.15 got back on sites to have a look if any comments were made.

Not one comment, nor are those two messages on the site.
They seem to have disappeared.

I replied to an article at about 5.45 pm today To do with possibility of club dropping the Tiger emblem, then at 7.15 got back on sites to have a look if any comments were made.

Yes, has been happening for a while.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN

You’re the dude who went on about the Magpies coming back aren’t you? Probably has something to do with it.

I deleted them because Wests vs. Balmain garbage doesn’t belong in this thread.

If you really must discuss it, make a new thread.

I deleted them because Wests vs. Balmain garbage doesn’t belong in this thread.

If you really must discuss it, make a new thread.
We have now been Wests Tigers for 24 years, talk about not letting things go.
There is no way in the world the NRL would consider either Wests or Balmain as a single entity, so it’s either throw your support behind Wests Tigers or potentially have no team to support,
I made my choice 24 years ago.

Not sure bout that King , Cam Murray is a freak and seems to thrive , when the guy gets tackled it seems he is up playing the ball pronto

Reactions: 851

I am against censorship of speech but in today's age people's feelings are more important then facts and open discussion it's a real shame

Back