Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

forget Lomax, Turuva comes from a winning system, is younger and is cheaper. he would walk backwards into that right centre position. special talent. no doubt Api would be on the phone to him and his Uncles trying to get him across.

Last edited:
forget Lomax, Turuva comes from a winning system, is younger and is cheaper. he would walk backwards into that right centre position. special talent. no doubt Api would be on the phone to him and his Uncles trying to get him across.
Get both & move on a few players and it arguably progresses us a lot faster than initially planned.

forget Lomax, Turuva comes from a winning system, is younger, comes with less baggage and is cheaper. he would walk backwards into that right centre position. special talent. no doubt Api would be on the phone to him and his Uncles trying to get him across.
Just get either of them and we are a much more competitive team. Get both of them and suddenly we are very real threats. Turuva pricing himself at 500k signals to me he is content being a winger in the short term. Would still be very happy if we land Turuva and miss Lomax though.

A back 5 of:
1. Bula
2. Turuva
3. Olam
4. Lomax (Kicker)
5. Staines

Would at least be on par with the best back 5 we have ever had. Staines 500k / Naden 500k / Starford $? contracts end next year and that's 1.2 - 1.3 mil of cap space free for the backs at least. Lomax / Turuva / Lobb could fill those positions for the exact same value. The best part about signing those 2 is that it is a lot easier to bring any junior winger with potential on the other side without ruining the balance of the team.

Turuva / Makasini / Lomax could compete for centre spots in future once Olam is either injured / cooked / gone. Our backline would also be quite flexible if an injury occurs at any time. Turuva can easily shift to Centre / Fullback mid game and Lomax could easily shift to Wing / Fullback

There have actually been rumblings for a few weeks that NAS wants out and club officials will be more than happy to see the back of him. Honestly a higher chance than them landing Tulagi.

Time will tell.
Have been rumblings for nearly 12mths.
Most of it is BS
If Storm wanted him gone he would’ve been gone by now just like Olam.
I could be wrong but I just don’t see him heading to Sydney if he was to leave.

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. Justin Olam
4. Zac Lomax
5. Sunia Turuva

With the long term vision of:

1. Jahream Bula
2. Alex Lobb/Luke Lualili
3. Heamasi Makasini
4. Zac Lomax
5. Sunia Turuva

Sign me up!

It’s the long weekend…. let me dream a bit.

Just came out that Turuvas manager informed penrith that he will be now talking to other clubs, seems penrith have stalled for too long. We need to get him as he can play anywhere in the back 5. Hopefully Api's connection gets him over the line.

Wanted him before he made his nrl debut.
He can play center, wing and fullback - has a high work rate.

Bet May’s cash needed to be topped up impacting what they can offer Turuva.

The notion he’s a bad trainer is the most made up lie in the league, I still don’t know where that came from.

He’s actually arguably the hardest trainer at the club from what I’ve been told and is the ultimate professional with his diet/training.

EDIT: I don’t know the reasons why we’re chasing him but we’re after quality in the backline and that’s certainly him.
Lomax and Suruva in.

Tupou and Toa out.

That'll do me....

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. Justin Olam
4. Zac Lomax
5. Sunia Turuva

1. Jahream Bula
3. Heamasi Makasini
4. Zac Lomax
5. Sunia Turuva

Sign me up!

If you’re the easter bunny make sure they are dropped off at the Wests Tigers sheds

• Haha
Reactions: 851
Just get either of them and we are a much more competitive team. Get both of them and suddenly we are very real threats. Turuva pricing himself at 500k signals to me he is content being a winger in the short term. Would still be very happy if we land Turuva and miss Lomax though.

A back 5 of:
1. Bula
2. Turuva
3. Olam
4. Lomax (Kicker)
5. Staines

Would at least be on par with the best back 5 we have ever had. Staines 500k / Naden 500k / Starford $? contracts end next year and that's 1.2 - 1.3 mil of cap space free for the backs at least. Lomax / Turuva / Lobb could fill those positions for the exact same value. The best part about signing those 2 is that it is a lot easier to bring any junior winger with potential on the other side without ruining the balance of the team.

Turuva / Makasini / Lomax could compete for centre spots in future once Olam is either injured / cooked / gone. Our backline would also be quite flexible if an injury occurs at any time. Turuva can easily shift to Centre / Fullback mid game and Lomax could easily shift to Wing / Fullback
Surely this can't be right...

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. Justin Olam
4. Zac Lomax
5. Sunia Turuva

1. Jahream Bula
3. Heamasi Makasini
4. Zac Lomax
5. Sunia Turuva

Sign me up!

Landing those 2 could have another effect on our squad. It might just add that little extra motivation for our senior brigade - Klemmer, Api, Bateman, Olam - knowing that finals well achievable during the next 2-3 years plus help with retention of Uto, Pole, iPap.

Surely this can't be right...
It's definitely around there.

The Naden Figure of 500k is as close to 100% right as you can get, we just took over his bulldogs contract.

We took over Charlie's last contract which was again 500k. I doubt he took too much of a cut considering he was talked to by a few clubs. I'd actually expect him to be closer to 400k.

There is also no chance Starford is on lower than 300k which takes us to that 1.2 minimum I mentioned. If he is on 350k then that makes 1.3.

So i'd wager my guess is pretty solid.

Edit: Just remember a lot of those panthers players have left the club on overs because that's what it took to get them away from the club. Naden has never been a 500k player, but the Dogs needed to pay him that much to be appealing.

It's definitely around there.

The Naden Figure of 500k is as close to 100% right as you can get, we just took over his bulldogs contract.

We took over Charlie's last contract which was again 500k. I doubt he took too much of a cut considering he was talked to by a few clubs. I'd actually expect him to be closer to 400k.

There is also no chance Starford is on lower than 300k which takes us to that 1.2 minimum I mentioned. If he is on 350k then that makes 1.3.

So i'd wager my guess is pretty solid.

Edit: Just remember a lot of those panthers players have left the club on overs because that's what it took to get them away from the club. Naden has never been a 500k player, but the Dogs needed to pay him that much to be appealing.
We took over Naden's dogs contract but surely we didn't extend him for 3-4 years at $500k per season. That's shocking!

We took over Naden's dogs contract but surely we didn't extend him for 3-4 years at $500k per season. That's shocking!
We extendeded him quite quickly if remember, so I doubt it was for too much less. I don't remember hearing about a pay cut or anything.

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. Justin Olam
4. Zac Lomax
5. Sunia Turuva

1. Jahream Bula
3. Heamasi Makasini
4. Zac Lomax
5. Sunia Turuva

Sign me up!

What about Onitoni Large in the centre's in 18 months? He plays inside centre in rugby.

The notion he’s a bad trainer is the most made up lie in the league, I still don’t know where that came from.

He’s actually arguably the hardest trainer at the club from what I’ve been told and is the ultimate professional with his diet/training.

EDIT: I don’t know the reasons why we’re chasing him but we’re after quality in the backline and that’s certainly him.
Appreciate the reply

Back