Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Naden is on nowhere near 500k a season….. neither is Staines.

More like 500k for them both - please don’t scare the fans like that again @FrodoTBaggin.
500k is the price for an elite winger..like Noffa!
Read zStaines came across to wts for $500,but my guess is the extended delay in re signing him was he looked around and no other club wld touch that..and hopefully neither did we
Same applies to Naden tbh
They're both fringe 1st graders at best

Watch him.

He’s a bit of a pre-Madonna

Was hyped as a junior as next big thing

And doesn’t do the tough stuff.

Only started doing it since moved to the wing

I agree he looks like he can carry on a bit on the field. However that means zero in regards to his attitude around his team

I'm no Lomax fan..very talented,but plays for himself,very inconsistent,and high risk taker
That's why wing suits him,and atm he's on parade for his next contract so having a dig

I don't think he's being negative here, it's a very real possibility if he reaches his potential. We won't be able to keep all of our talent.
Of cause it is a possibility! But not unique to us.
We poach also. It's they way of the world. eg Luai, Fainu's even Galvin. Klemmer, Api, Papali etc
The problems are Identifying who to go all out for to poach or retain;
What is their worth,
and stay within the cap restraints.
Every club has to work through these questions. And every club may lose players they would love to retain.
Anyone who thinks it's only a Tiger problem is in fairyland.

Of cause it is a possibility! But not unique to us.
We poach also. It's they way of the world. eg Luai, Fainu's even Galvin. Klemmer, Api, Papali etc
The problems are Identifying who to go all out for to poach or retain;
What is their worth,
and stay within the cap restraints.
Every club has to work through these questions. And every club may lose players they would love to retain.
Anyone who thinks it's only a Tiger problem is in fairyland.
Retaing "talent has not been was biggest issue over the past 7 years!
It will be a nice position to be in tbh
Separately,I wonder whether Haslers dearth of halves will result in him coming knocking ..he needs a quick fix..2025 at the laest...,so only Sezer and Bud wld work
Mite work for us too

The problem in the NRL right now is there are so few quality players now that you have no time to make those kind of choices.

Lomax is only 1 year older than Faataape and has showed way more. To be honest Faataape is just not what the balance of our backline needs. We need players with size and Olam already fills the nugget in the backline role. Lomax brings a height / flair combination that we desperately need on that right side.

Also, the 800k figure is off the mark. The salary will be $700k.
Lomax is not coming to the Tigers

Back