Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I'm just stating my opinion that I'm not a fan of luai, don't like the bloke ,not convinced he'll be a good signing he's won 3 comps most likely 4 by the time he comes here and take our retirement fund, as usual you can't have an opinion on here without personal attacks, would love to meet some of these keyboard cowards up here in taree
So what you are saying is your opinion is beyond being disagreed with. Get a grip mate.

Surplus halves in a non issue. There is a lack of halves in the competition. Blind Freddy can see Luai and Galvin will be the long term pairing. The only questionable signing is Bud for the length and size of the contract. I have no idea why we signed bud and Fainu for 4 years.
Agree that surplus halves is definitely not an issue in the current halves (or lack of) market. Offers great depth (especially with a few young halves who will have ups and downs in form and miss games to injury). Offers terrific leverage for trades as there will always be clubs looking for change in the halves.

I see no reason to panic and make a call on who might be surplus. Let Fainu, Bud and Galvin all play some games to better judge where they fit. It blocks other teams who are desperate for new halves and then we can cherry pick a trade for a vital other position (back row, prop, wing, centre) as we identify upgrade options elsewhere in our 13.

Heck, if the players like the direction the club is going in and want to play with each other there is also every chance they will be willing to play in their non preferred positions to make the overall lineup stronger. Think players like Manu at Easts who would prefer fullback or 5/8 but has played centre for the overall team fit. The good clubs have players bide their time and work their way up through positions (eg: come into grade on the wing and work your way up over a few years). No reason why we shouldn’t be aiming for this team first culture.

Would love Sezer to stay on next year, too. Would imagine his salary would be very reasonable and he offers mentoring for the KOE team and our young gun halves, a great figure around training, and a perfect fill in at NRL if required.

I’ve been bullish on Sezer since day 1. If he keeps leading us to wins you keep him on the payroll.
Waste of a top 30 spot. Especially if Fainu makes the same impression Galvin has, If Sezar still has something to offer, why stick around here being number 4 in the pecking order? There are other clubs who would prioritise him.

Surplus halves in a non issue. There is a lack of halves in the competition. Blind Freddy can see Luai and Galvin will be the long term pairing. The only questionable signing is Bud for the length and size of the contract. I have no idea why we signed bud and Fainu for 4 years.
I think the size of deals are representative of where we are as a club. Just shows how hard it is to get off the bottom in this comp

Reactions: 851
The guy is a key player. Yes we’ve got an abundance of halves but I’d be keeping him involved easily. I’d piss Sullivan off unless he proves otherwise. An old controlled head at the helm of the ship is what we need.
That will be Luai from 2025.

with luai and fainu and Galvin here in 2025, Des would be mad not to reach out to sezer at Gold Coast
For us Sullivan is who we need to move on at 500k too much to just play off bench or not at all

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Members online

Back