Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s been reported the Eels got him for $650k per season, surely he’s worth $700-$750 k per season to us ?
By not having a red hot crack at him it’s basically saying we are happy with our right centre options in Naden or To’a. They can both play very well when they are switched on, inconsistency is their problem.
We do not have any genuine right centres emerging as Faatape, Feledy, Saukuru and Makasini are all predominantly left centres.
You could argue Zac Lomax could have been a better fullback option than Bula.
Inconsistency has been a problem for Lomax too. He always plays well against us. Think he's a tad overrated.

It’s been reported the Eels got him for $650k per season, surely he’s worth $700-$750 k per season to us ?
By not having a red hot crack at him it’s basically saying we are happy with our right centre options in Naden or To’a. They can both play very well when they are switched on, inconsistency is their problem.
We do not have any genuine right centres emerging as Faatape, Feledy, Saukuru and Makasini are all predominantly left centres.
You could argue Zac Lomax could have been a better fullback option than Bula.
Don’t think many clubs would’ve given Lomax the fullback role full time unless they were desperate. And I don’t think it’ll be too hard for any of the young ones coming through to play on the other side as long as they have a good half and backrower next to them. But the main key here is development. Signing Lomax would have resulted in losing majority of these players. Obviously you can’t keep everyone but we definitely lose more with Lomax joining.

Don’t think many clubs would’ve given Lomax the fullback role full time unless they were desperate. And I don’t think it’ll be too hard for any of the young ones coming through to play on the other side as long as they have a good half and backrower next to them. But the main key here is development. Signing Lomax would have resulted in losing majority of these players. Obviously you can’t keep everyone but we definitely lose more with Lomax joining.
If we had someone with similar attributes emerging I would understand, but we simply do not have anyone like him that is big, strong, fast, skilful, great under the high ball and a very good goal kicker.

If we had someone with similar attributes emerging I would understand, but we simply do not have anyone like him that is big, strong, fast, skilful, great under the high ball and a very good goal kicker.
Lomax for me is hit and miss, on his day he can be brilliant and I agree is a good goal kicker, but he doesn’t do that every week playing Centre. Him playing on the wing this year has been the best he’s looked in his career but obviously wants to play Centre, which is why he’s leaving for Eels as he will take Harper’s place. But like I said signing him would have resulted in the young ones leaving, which is IMO the main reason we didn’t get make an offer or at least go hard for him. Richo said himself and it’s in the strategic plan moving forward, “we are a development club”. I don’t think we will be making many external signings moving forward unless it’s an older player to fill the void until the young ones are ready like Oates and Gagai for example, or it’s a position we’re sorely lacking in.

Most mutual options allow either party to take it up but at different price points - for example if club takes it up they pay 200k, if player takes it up but club doesent then it's 150k

You'll argue this until you're blue in the face round here Boon...
I got the same thing from a recruitment guy at another club - Twice.

It's easy to assume a Mutual Option is for both parties to agree, It's not
- It's either party can agree.
Both Parties agreeing is called a contract extension.

Even the NRL wording old mate referenced above....
Club option is black and white,
Player Option is Black and White
Mutual Option is 'Discussed by both parties' (Grey at best)...

I heard one of the Journos on 360 even reference it the other night,
"It's a mutual option, So it depends if one of the Parties take it up"

Most mutual options allow either party to take it up but at different price points - for example if club takes it up they pay 200k, if player takes it up but club doesent then it's 150k
Mate that is the NRL website I've quoted. You'd better get onto them and tell them their definition of mutual option is wrong.

Where does your info come from out of interest? Can you point to a mutual option that was exercised like you describe?

You'll argue this until you're blue in the face round here Boon...
I got the same thing from a recruitment guy at another club - Twice.

It's easy to assume a Mutual Option is for both parties to agree, It's not
- It's either party can agree.
Both Parties agreeing is called a contract extension.

Even the NRL wording old mate referenced above....
Club option is black and white,
Player Option is Black and White
Mutual Option is 'Discussed by both parties' (Grey at best)...

I heard one of the Journos on 360 even reference it the other night,
"It's a mutual option, So it depends if one of the Parties take it up"
It’s in the name…Mutual.
They BOTH have to agree. If one party says no, the deal is off.

For the life of me, I don't understand how many times We see players like Zac Lomax do what he does, totally destroy us pretty much on his own.
Yet we new he was up for sale and we could not even make the effort to make him an offer.
And Parramatta get him for a supposed 4 years for $200,000 a year less than he was getting at St George,

Hence I give up.

We desperately need a game breaker like Zac,
But when one is up for grabs we don't even try.

So we must be out of money,
If we can't even try.
I think it’s more likely that we’re enquiring on many players like Lomax. Possibly not reaching MSM, due to third party approaches. There would be many players who don’t see their future at Tigers. We’ve won the last 2 spoons, have a rookie coach and our halves situation isn’t cemented.
Lomax’s game depends a lot on his combination with his half, so my guess is, that’s why he would prefer Eels over a Tigers team.

Reactions: BZN
I hope you are right.
The only logical reason why we didn’t at least attempt to sign Zac Lomax has to be due to Salary Cap constraints, otherwise why are we doing nothing about strengthening up our weak backline when a big, strong, fast and skilful player who is also one of the best goal kickers in the competition becomes available?
Not to mention he’s previously mentioned he would be interested in playing for Wets Tigers the team he followed growing up.
Another reason could be that I read an article on outlook this morning that he is not very popular amongst his teammates due to him being a bit strange.

So what people are saying is, if Stef plays 2 games of Origin this year Stef has an out?

So if Madge wants a bit of pay back, all he has to do is pick Stef for 2 of the Origin games this year regardless of what Stef's form is like at the time.

How does that saying go, "pay back is a [This word has been automatically removed]," or something like that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Opposite. If he plays 2 origins he's locked into his deal. Madge won't pick him to spite us

It is happening … and he is likely getting picked for Origin too … but Penrith have talked with him/ his agent already apparently ..and we don’t want another 15 teams doing the same when he is trying to win football games for the Tigers
Is there any actual proof that Stefano Utoikamanu has talked to Penrith TS, or is it just a case of 'he has apparently'.

Sounds like Richo has been resting on his shovel. Not attempting to sign shiller after he cut our state cup team ti pieces earlier this season. Don’t need a recruitment guy hey???
We don't actually know Richo 'has been resting on his shovel' lathami.
As Richo said in one of his interviews 'don't believe anything unless it comes from him or the club'.
So, the fact we haven't heard anything doesn't mean we haven't been trying to recruit someone or are still in talks with someone.
Were all reacting to nothing more than rumors.

Latest posts

Back