Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What position does Broederlow play? And I think Mooney might be a possibility, when Klem hangs them up we will need another Prop ready to take his spot and the only one coming through is Miller but he’s still a bit away from playing firsts. And I can see Gagai being a target as like Olam he’s not blocking anyone.
Broederlow is a backrower, good size, breaks tackles, good D, can offload & brings plenty of effort (not lazy).

Richo & Benji have a relationship with Gagai ffom the Rabbits days so I reckon it’s a chance.

Mooney would be huge, reckon he’ll be a gun but always thought he’s the heir apparent to Josh Papa at the Raiders.

Broederlow is a backrower, good size, breaks tackles, good D, can offload & brings plenty of effort (not lazy).

Richo & Benji have a relationship with Gagai ffom the Rabbits days so I reckon it’s a chance.

Mooney would be huge, reckon he’ll be a gun but always thought he’s the heir apparent to Josh Papa at the Raiders.
Well if Broederlow is like that then he’s one we need to keep and develop. Benji and Richo should have a relationship with Gagai from thier Souths days so I think we have a chance should we take it. And Mooney I admit I don’t know much about has only played 6 games since 2021 I think but he would be easily stuck at the moment behind Papa and Tapine so if we do sign him I’ll judge when he’s with us.

Well if Broederlow is like that then he’s one we need to keep and develop. Benji and Richo should have a relationship with Gagai from thier Souths days so I think we have a chance should we take it. And Mooney I admit I don’t know much about has only played 6 games since 2021 I think but he would be easily stuck at the moment behind Papa and Tapine so if we do sign him I’ll judge when he’s with us.
With ??? on Kepaoa & Tumeth’s futures with the club, Vaihu offers effort but has shown little else, there is a big opportunity for Sukkar who goes into top 30 next year. If Broederlow can maintain his development, he could very well land a Dev or T&T deal next season.

With ??? on Kepaoa & Tumeth’s futures with the club, Vaihu offers effort but has shown little else, there is a big opportunity for Sukkar who goes into top 30 next year. If Broederlow can maintain his development, he could very well land a Dev or T&T deal next season.
I don’t think Tumeth will be here next year we’ll probably just pay him out and he’ll be on his way. Kepaoa is 50/50 at this stage we may keep him but if we do he probably gets a one year deal. Vaihu I don’t think will make it and Sukkar I don’t think so either but he will at least have a chance to prove others who doubt him. As you said if Broederlow keeps it up I think he’ll get a development contract next year.

If our focus wasn’t going to be on development moving forward I reckon we may have signed Lomax, but signing him would have resulted in our juniors coming through looking elsewhere. We wouldn’t have been able to sign him for a year or two it would’ve been four years minimum that’s enough to possibly lose all of them, or at least 90% with only a couple staying and they might not have been the best to keep. That’s why I reckon Benji wanted Olam because he’s not gonna block any of our juniors. That’s what Benji and Richo have said moving forward we are a development club, I get the frustration because you want a competitive first grade side and I want that as well. And no doubt Lomax or Schiller would have, but it results in going against what they want in developing our juniors as we have some coming through. If we didn’t have any coming through I bet we would have tried to sign them.
I get what your saying but I don’t see class ball playing centres coming through. Maskaski is a tough ball runner by all reports and it’s unknown if Large is in terested in playing centre at this point. No point hoping he will play centre, need to know or move on. I’ve seen this movie before, we develop them hope they come through then they sign with someone else. We don’t have heaps of centres coming through and there are two centre positions that need to be filled! Olam will leave in the next few years, it’s fine if Slomax stays. Anyway no point in crying over spilt milk. Just thinking a recruitment manager would have been pushing fir this one.

Trai Fuller anyone? Wing, Fullback back up over Staines. Possibly centre or 14. Don't see him as a bad depth option. The bloke isn't even top 30 at Dolphins. Needed NRL exemption to play tonight.

Been calling for this for years, WT need to sign Trai Fuller! Absolute weapon, showed it tonight and been dominating the QCup for years! He is a top line FLB! Absolute tackle breaking, try scoring machine! Support play is next level! Plus doesn’t shirk his work in defensive. For a small man he’s a very tough bugger! Literal human pinball. Would change our dynamic in attack tremendously

I get what your saying but I don’t see class ball playing centres coming through. Maskaski is a tough ball runner by all reports and it’s unknown if Large is in terested in playing centre at this point. No point hoping he will play centre, need to know or move on. I’ve seen this movie before, we develop them hope they come through then they sign with someone else. We don’t have heaps of centres coming through and there are two centre positions that need to be filled! Olam will leave in the next few years, it’s fine if Slomax stays. Anyway no point in crying over spilt milk. Just thinking a recruitment manager would have been pushing fir this one.
I think there’s a chance Feledy will kick on he’s been doing well in Cup from what I hear. Haven’t had a chance to see him play properly yet but heard he’s doing good. I think there must be a plan if they weren’t gonna sign Lomax so it is what it is, just have to wait for it to unfold.

Not when it will result in blocking of the juniors. We have Feledy, Saukuru, Makasini, Large (at this stage) coming through for Centre there might be more but those I do know off and wing again I don’t know many but I know Luke Laulili is coming though along with Mason, Craig, Lobb (although technically not a junior but is on development still next year) and Willet as well for wing in the future. Schiller easily blocks them from coming through. Obviously we can’t keep everyone but Richo even said himself we aren’t gonna sign players that will block the juniors from coming through. Schiller and Lomax would have done that. If we’re gonna sign to upgrade our outside backs I don’t know who exactly for wing but for Centre I won’t be surprised if we try and sign Gagai to fill the void until the others are ready. I don’t know much for backrow prospects coming through apart from Sukkar but I don’t think he’s that good so I do see a signing for the backrow elsewhere.
But it doesn't block them. It provides then a steady and more competitive side to be joining. Currently we have no decent quality wingers, and 1 quality centre in our top 30. The names you've listed should all be 1-2 years away from first grade. We shouldn't simply throw every decent 18 year old we have straight in the top grade because we're struggling, we want them to be ready, banging the door down from below and earning their spots.
If we want to retain our juniors we want to be competitive and winning games. Whether it's Schiller, Lomax or gagai we need to sign someone who can improve our quality. If the kids are debuting alongside quality players they'll hopefully adapt faster.
In the backs Willett, Luke Laulilii (both played SG ball this year) and Sol Saukuru are our only real targets. Mason can really only play fullback currently.

But it doesn't block them. It provides then a steady and more competitive side to be joining. Currently we have no decent quality wingers, and 1 quality centre in our top 30. The names you've listed should all be 1-2 years away from first grade. We shouldn't simply throw every decent 18 year old we have straight in the top grade because we're struggling, we want them to be ready, banging the door down from below and earning their spots.
If we want to retain our juniors we want to be competitive and winning games. Whether it's Schiller, Lomax or gagai we need to sign someone who can improve our quality. If the kids are debuting alongside quality players they'll hopefully adapt faster.
In the backs Willett, Luke Laulilii (both played SG ball this year) and Sol Saukuru are our only real targets. Mason can really only play fullback currently.
I agree I don’t want us to throw every 18 year old into first grade unless they are good enough obviously, but Lomax is 24 and Schiller is 22 you can have both of those players for 10 years if they don’t have serious injuries which shorten their careers. And signing a player that young is going to cause a block for players coming through because you can have them for a long period of time, not like Olam or Gagai where you have them for 2 years maybe 3 if needed knowing they’ll be retiring not long to have the young ones come through. I don’t think Mason would make first grade as a fullback he most likely make it on the wing. Yes being competitive and winning does help in retention, but if they find their path to first grade blocked they will most likely leave. Every club faces that dilemma at some stage but Lomax and Schiller do that to us unfortunately because they are still young. If they were 30 or at least 28 it wouldn’t have been a problem but they are young which in this case is unfortunately the problem.

Will be nice to see him make the top 8 unlike tigers… what’s new. We loose someone to a top 8 team and they flourish.
Why specifically are you mentioning Blore in all of your posts? Bloke was incredibly average for us, played 33 games in 4 years and is really not doing much better at Storm than he was here. He might be in a different system but he ain’t the reason Storm are doing well. All he did yesterday was pick up a loose ball to pass it to Munster, who kicked it to Coates and just barged on through to seal it for Melbourne. If anything Munster was more of the reason for it than Blore was but Coates sealed it for Storm and Blore is just Blore 😂😂 Olam might be older but I don’t regret that trade one bit and I think most on here do as well.

Last edited:
Sounds like Richo has been resting on his shovel. Not attempting to sign shiller after he cut our state cup team ti pieces earlier this season. Don’t need a recruitment guy hey???
Let’s sign a centre/winger who is just above cup quality cause he tore up against our cup team of 19 year olds 😭 if we signed Schiller all that does is force a gun junior to leave

Trey Mooney would be a huge get if it's true we are after him. He'd be an instant upgrade on Seyfarth on the bench & then would contend to replace Klemmer as a starter when his contract runs out.
How long are we gonna pretend that Seyfarth is shit for? Everyone is gonna hate me for this but he is one of the best bench forwards in the game the agenda against him needs to stop a kid coming through the juniors and being a fan of the club his whole life finding success as a player at the club he loves should be celebrated but you all hate him

Another reason could be that I read an article on outlook this morning that he is not very popular amongst his teammates due to him being a bit strange.
I saw him sprint 40m run jump catch the ball and score as easy as yiu like then swamped by his team mates all hugging him and congrats to him
Looked very popular right then

How long are we gonna pretend that Seyfarth is shit for? Everyone is gonna hate me for this but he is one of the best bench forwards in the game the agenda against him needs to stop a kid coming through the juniors and being a fan of the club his whole life finding success as a player at the club he loves should be celebrated but you all hate him
Now don't go generalising putting everyone in the same thoughts & opinions

Let’s sign a centre/winger who is just above cup quality cause he tore up against our cup team of 19 year olds 😭 if we signed Schiller all that does is force a gun junior to leave
Who exactly is the great junior centres that would leave?? Makaski has not committed to the club, Large seems to want to play in the halves and his parents all ready want him out of the club. So who are they????
We have good halves, hookers and middles coming through. Who are these outstanding centres that have committed to the club that will leave!?????

Reactions: 851
Would you take him back??

PANTHER OFFERED UP TO BRONCOS

The Broncos reportedly turned down the services of Panthers forward Luke Garner after he was shopped to the Brisbane club.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph, who are reporting Broncos powerbrokers have been on the lookout for backrowers.

Their transfer moves come after a hamstring injury to Brendan Piakura and the loss of Kurt Capewell to the Warriors in the off-season.

Brisbane bosses reportedly identified three targets, including Cowboys gun Jack Gosiewski, before Garner’s management approached the club.

Garner is off contract at the season’s end and it remains to be seen if he will be extended to remain at the foot of the mountain.

The Broncos reportedly baulked at his asking price, which was said to be over $300,000 per-season.

Gosiewski is reportedly the most likely man Kevin Walters could sign however he needs to have a request for an immediate release approved.

KC, if any of our " gun juniors" leave because we sign someone "just above cup quality", maybe they don't really have what it takes to succeed.
I haven't seen Schiller play but whoever we sign has to be 1st grade ready so we can be winning games now. If our young blokes coming through are good enough, they'll be selected.

Latest posts

Members online

Back