Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I like your thinking here.
I’ve heard some say why would we look at reserve graders and why block the path of our juniors etc
We simply do not have a big bodied winger who makes plenty of post contact metres, makes line breaks, scores plenty of tries etc
Jeral Skelton’s progression and form is simply too good to ignore.
He is blocked at the Bulldogs as they are happy with Kiraz as their big bodied winger.
We need someone and both he and Semi Valemai are currently available for next season, why not sign them both and have 2 big bodied wingers who can ably assist our forwards, but also have the size, speed and class to finish backline moves and score tries.
Signing one of the centres you mentioned from the Warriors wouldn’t be a bad option either, although my preference is Aaron Scoupp as a genuine right centre who is young, strong and fast.
Another fullback, winger, centre prospect who is a great young athlete is Jsylan De Groot. His path is blocked at the Titans but a very good prospect we should be tracking at the very least.
Maybe they don't want to play of the Tigers ? It always takes two to make a contract.

I agree with that. If they won't sign for two years then let them go elsewhere. Usually there is a small trade off between years and dollars though. Longer term = lower salary. Short term = higher so that would be the why. However with that in mind you still consider return on investment and don't go excessive with the overs for short term.
Again it's up to the players not the clubs to like the deal. No player goes where they don't want to.

Jeral Skelton shows signs of being a much younger version of Sivo.
If he remains in League instead of possibly returning to Union, he has NRL player written all over him.
Valemai has already performed very well at NRL with limited opportunities.
Why would anyone choose old battle scarred, injury proned wingers to recruit when there is the option of much younger, hungrier similar type of players desperately waiting for an opportunity ?
Maybe the young hungrier players don't want to play for the Tigers, maybe they don't like the coach or supporters. A club can't make you sign a contract.

Sivo doesn’t seem full fit now. When we played Parra, Staines handled Sivo well and bundled him into touch. I don’t think Sivo will be as consistent in his older age.
I think our strength & conditioning guys would back themselves to get him fully fit over a pre-season.

Reactions: 851
Maybe the young hungrier players don't want to play for the Tigers, maybe they don't like the coach or supporters. A club can't make you sign a contract.
Maybe they do want an opportunity to become regular NRL stars and maybe they do want to play for Wests Tigers.
Neither you or I know the answer and neither you or I know whether or not the Wests Tigers recruitment are interested in these players.
This thread is about speculation.

I wish the club would include our wider top 30, development and T&T players in injury reports.

Most of us are very interested to know when the likely returns are for the Nav Willetts, Heath Masons, Tony Sukkars, Onitoni Larges of the world.

We are a development club after all so Wests Tigers, start including our youngsters in these reports please.
I think Sukkar could be the dark horse.
Become the second rower we need.

Hope he plays a first grade game or two, this year.

Dale Finnucane to announce immediate retirement. Always thought he would struggle to see out his deal with the Sharks. A great servant of the game hope he enjoys a healthy retirement.
I wish him well on his vocal career moving forward busking on the streets of Sydney

I have just received a rumour that the club is interested in signing Maika Sivo for next season. Given the fact he seems to be on the outer at parra especially with Lomax coming next year I think it's a definite possibility. What do we think? Could he bounce back like Olam has
Sivo is unplayable nowadays. Parra fans are absolutely desperate to see the back of him: slow, bad defender, lazy. He'd be a shocking signing.

I don't follow other teams that closely - but I don't get the noise about Gutho (starting from last season or the one before where they were in the market for a fullback) when he is consistently amongst their better players?

I'd be pretty pissed off if I was him.
Busted knees....next year will be his last.

At his best Sivo is/was a dangerous beast. Now, not so sure. Parra despite doing it tough seem to have lost faith in the guy-not a good sign.

Sivo doesn’t seem full fit now. When we played Parra, Staines handled Sivo well and bundled him into touch. I don’t think Sivo will be as consistent in his older age.
Sivo in his last few games has virtually been hobbling as if he has a bung knee

Dale Finnucane to announce immediate retirement. Always thought he would struggle to see out his deal with the Sharks. A great servant of the game hope he enjoys a healthy retirement.

I remember the previous administration buckling to media pressure and making Finnucane an offer because he was the player to turn the club around.

While the club is still in the doldrums, Finnucane was not the answer to our problems. As for his retirement, there's a good chance the effects of repeated concussions will catch up on the poor guy. He deserves every dollar he earnt with the way he put his body on the line.

Members online

Back