Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

IMO, Bula is overrated.
Good with bombs and defence but has a long long way to go in attack.
Not super fast, can't break a tackle, chimes into the backline and gets caught. The wingers are starved. Rarely draws the defence and get a pass away.
The attack has to start again. His tries are from backing up someone else who has made the break.
Fingers crossed it won't take 4 seasons for the penny to drop. It doesn't come natural to him to find a gap or put someone else through a gap.
Seriously. He’s young and not the finished product but you’re off your head.

Of course you are… same as you’re allowed to be off your head (in someone’s opinion).
A perfect place to silence any critics this Saturday afternoon at Campbelltown that’s for sure,
On a more relevant topic, I just noticed Jeral Skelton getting massive wraps on a Bulldogs fan forum, plenty of them want him in their NRL 17

A perfect place to silence any critics this Saturday afternoon at Campbelltown that’s for sure,
On a more relevant topic, I just noticed Jeral Skelton getting massive wraps on a Bulldogs fan forum, plenty of them want him in their NRL 17
Go back and watch his double v the Sharks, his match winner on Easter Monday or his slick tries in the trial and rd 1. Throw in his exceptional cover defense, high work rate and safety under the high ball. Critics are on the woopy weed.

He’s our only real attacking threat.

Go back and watch his double v the Sharks, his match winner on Easter Monday or his slick tries in the trial and rd 1. Throw in his exceptional cover defense, high work rate and safety under the high ball. Critics are on the woopy weed.

He’s our only real attacking threat.
I rarely see any threat and we are the worst attacking team in the NRL, but optimistic I will witness much better attack from all our players on Saturday.

I rarely see any threat and we are the worst attacking team in the NRL, but optimistic I will witness much better attack from all our players on Saturday.
I just gave you multiple examples but whatevs.

Hopefully Charlie has studied what the chalk looks like this week.

Reactions: 851
What part do you disagree with?
Have a closer look at him when he chimes into the backline. The attack generally breaks down IMO.
Sounds like you expect him to make a line break every time. In reality that’s not how the NRL works because defenses are skilled. He pulled apart the Sharks, scored a match winner against the Eels, scored a nice try against the Raiders and the Dragons in a trial too I recall . On facts, he’s doing well.

Im on the fence about Sivo, he looks busted will be over 30 if he comes. But he fits our MO of not blocking a youngsters path, in saying that i don't think we have any massive wingers coming through. Maybe the Willet kid fits that mold but i thought he was more a 1 or 6.

As long as he stays on the other side of the fence from WT I will be happy. Has been very good and was even great for a while, but those days have passed and better future opportunities lay elsewhere.

Literally no one has said that about anyone else in the history of the forum.
Does Brooks count? A lot of people on here had opinions on him as well. Myself included, but I never bagged him early in his career like some on here have with Bula.

Last edited:
Some on this forum say we're blooding our juniors too early. I disagree. The cream rises to the top and we should blood as many as possible.

If done correctly, such as giving them a proper off-season to prepare, then yeah, all well and good.

Certainly not like the rushed from Harold Matts, then upwards through to an NRL cameo of Matamua at the end of another disastrous season, which doesn't do anyone any good for mine.

Seriously. He’s young and not the finished product but you’re off your head.
I love Bula but for me sometimes I get the feeling he wishes he was playing in the NBA and is settling to play league because he is good enough to. I just don’t know if the passion is there.

I love Bula but for me sometimes I get the feeling he wishes he was playing in the NBA and is settling to play league because he is good enough to. I just don’t know if the passion is there.
I can see what you mean a little in his demeanour but his cover defense is all heart. His actions and his involvement stats tell a different story to the look that’s sometimes on his face.

Members online

No members online now.
Back