Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

They have been on the right path woth the selections. Apart from maybe Stains amd a.tinkering of the forward pack they seem to pick who.we.would pick. Wasnt always the case with other coaches haha
I think it’s a bit unfair to blame previous coaches who all had a substandard roster at their disposal. Cleary over achieved and the rest just did their best. Richo understands we are 80% there with the roster and coaching shouldn’t even be discussed until we’re 100% there.

We still need two hard running wingers. With Tupou going and Staines not cutting it, we need two players who can start our sets off well.
We definitely need to target 1 for next year, probably why the club is looking at cotric. I'd say we wouldn't sign a 2nd one until next year, Staines + Naden off contract at end of 2025 so if neither of them can make it their spot they'll pick up a 2nd for 2026.

I’m not so sure. I’d have him in reserve grade rebuilding confidence. He looked shot last weekend.
He's had 3 different centres in 7 games and I can't think of a game where people came out thinking his centre played well.

I will agree that his redzone metres have lacked, but how about Faatapes, Nadens & Starford? No one has played well from his centre position.

Whenever there was talk of us signing him... Or a forum member suggested it I always thought we'd be next to no chance... "why would he come here I ask myself"
Terrific if true!. I'll believe it when I see it.
Funny game this salary cap

He's had 3 different centres in 7 games and I can't think of a game where people came out thinking his centre played well.

I will agree that his redzone metres have lacked, but how about Faatapes, Nadens & Starford? No one has played well from his centre position.
As a winger, your main jobs aren’t dictated by what your centre does. You choose to come in and do dirty hit ups, you choose to contest attacking kicks, you choose where you stand on backline shifts. I only saw Naden make him look silly once.

Reactions: 851
As a winger, your main jobs aren’t dictated by what your centre does. You choose to come in and do dirty hit ups, you choose to contest attacking kicks, you choose where you stand on backline shifts. I only saw Naden make him look silly once.
Sorry I was wrong 4 centres not 3. Naden only had 30 minutes and then was swapped to wing for Bateman to be his centre.

I don't recall Charlie having a problem contesting attacking kicks this season, in fact he would of scored the other week if he was a bit luckier with Sezers bounce.

His defence against Sivo won us the Eels game too btw.

Which is why some people think the deal is already done. Can't end negotiations if they are already over and he is signed.
If that is true then I’ll believe we have turned the corner. It definitely seems different because usually we’re the first team named whereas all the talk has been Newcastle and St George.

If we finally have someone who can get a deal done, we have to get Richo done long term.

Sorry I was wrong 4 centres not 3. Naden only had 30 minutes and then was swapped to wing for Bateman to be his centre.

I don't recall Charlie having a problem contesting attacking kicks this season, in fact he would of scored the other week if he was a bit luckier with Sezers bounce.

His defence against Sivo won us the Eels game too btw.
Zac Lomax has probably created more tries from contesting kicks this year than our whole backline. It’s clearly an effort area that we need to be better at.

Back