Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Zac Lomax has probably created more tries from contesting kicks this year than our whole backline. It’s clearly an effort area that we need to be better at.
I dont think that says much as Lomax has created more tries from contesting kicks this year than 70% of the other teams invluding penrith, and he scored one last week from centre. You don't need to be the winger to make it a contest, his centres have all been lazy.

Edit: lousy not lazy

I dont think that says much as Lomax has created more tries from contesting kicks this year than 70% of the other teams invluding penrith, and he scored one last week from centre. You don't need to be the winger to make it a contest, his centres have all been lazy.
I agree our centres and wingers all need to be better. I’d like to see one of Olams all guts runs followed up by our other backs. Normally one of our plodders follows him up and all momentum is killed. Watch closely how many high kicks we contest against Brisbane, hopefully the coaches have picked up on it and asked for better effort.

Well when you have the production line of juniors they have, you don’t really need to try and rort it. Just allow who’s expendable to go, and bring new kids in and they are pretty much clones of the guys they replaced.
If true, we can only dream of such a sausage factory.

Been brewing for a bit for those who remember I posted about it earlier in the year. I’ve heard for a while now that if Turuva isn’t at Penrith he’ll be at the Tigers - seems like it’s all confirmed now, well hopefully.

We can thank Richo and Benji as I’m sure they played a part but ultimately Api played the biggest role in bringing over Sunia as he pushed both parties to engage in one another.

Sunia is a great player I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a more discipline outside back in the competition….. he never makes mistakes, great under the high ball and can make good yardage he’s also leading the NRL in tries this year as well.

He’s also 21 and seems one of those players people love to play alongside….. this would be a great coup for the club long term.

As someone who played wing/centre I definitely feel for Staines cause your centre does affect some aspects of your game. When I played with a different centre it’s hard if you haven’t gauged their mindset in A/D. Each centre has a different game: some run first, some pass first and some do both.

And when you don’t have that continuity it makes you become self dependent and untrusting of your centre partner. Makes you wonder if you can trust him to slide with you or if you should just jam in. And when I played centre I had a winger who didn’t understand how I played and therefore didn’t have the experience to trust me, so he jammed on almost every defensive play and I had to pull him aside and tell him just slide with me mate I’m not gonna jam and neither is the half or back rower and after that it slowly progressed and got more consistent. My point is it takes time to build confidence and trust in the man beside you and it doesn’t just happen. I’m happy to give Staines time, if he was in the panthers he’d be one of the best backs in the game, it’s just our defensive system.

Been brewing for a bit for those who remember I posted about it earlier in the year. I’ve heard for a while now that if Turuva isn’t at Penrith he’ll be at the Tigers - seems like it’s all confirmed now, well hopefully.

We can thank Richo and Benji as I’m sure they played a part but ultimately Api played the biggest role in bringing over Sunia as he pushed both parties to engage in one another.

Sunia is a great player I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a more discipline outside back in the competition….. he never makes mistakes, great under the high ball and can make good yardage he’s also leading the NRL in tries this year as well.

He’s also 21 and seems one of those players people love to play alongside….. this would be a great coup for the club long term.

100%. Very very happy if true. Turuva has a big future and will make a difference for us whilst setting the standards for our kids.

I agree our centres and wingers all need to be better. I’d like to see one of Olams all guts runs followed up by our other backs. Normally one of our plodders follows him up and all momentum is killed. Watch closely how many high kicks we contest against Brisbane, hopefully the coaches have picked up on it and asked for better effort.
Meek handover are what we are. Is almost. ike a tactic... Hand the ball over to the opposition as close to their line as possible
Does.my head in we don't compete one every play... Don't see the point

Thats was my first thought... Not a good sign as he seems like a man of his word

If an announcement happens next 10 days then it’s done. If not agree.

My take is unlike other clubs no financial or year term details are mentioned. So not leaked from the club or Turuva camp.

Might’ve come from Flanno yesterday.
Could be Panthers or Dragons were told (Flanno pulled back on Turuva yesterday which he normally wouldn’t do).

Reactions: 851
Meek handover are what we are. Is almost. ike a tactic... Hand the ball over to the opposition as close to their line as possible
Does.my head in we don't compete one every play... Don't see the point
In the modern game the cross field kick or bomb is a huge part of point scoring. You should be using it tactically in a number of different ways to keep the opposition guessing. I think it’s only a matter of time before Lobb gets a start because we can’t score points right now and teams are really jamming on us.

Reactions: 851
If an announcement happens next 10 days then it’s done. If not agree.

My take is unlike other clubs no financial or year term details are mentioned. So not leaked from the club or Turuva camp.

Might’ve come from Flanno yesterday.
Could be Panthers or Dragons were told (Flanno pulled back on Turuva yesterday which he normally wouldn’t do).
Interesting, where did that happen with Flanno? a press conference?

Back