Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

All the mail has been that Lomax has been purchased for fullback, with Gutho expected to move to centre with his shot knees.
Wouldn’t buy into that yet. Lomax has barely played at fullback in NRL if anything they probably purchased him as a centre with a chance of being potentially fullback. BA reckons Blaze is the long term fullback and maybe he is. Just gotta see what unfolds. But I wouldn’t have promised Lomax fullback if Parra did they are idiots.

Wouldn’t buy into that yet. Lomax has barely played at fullback in NRL if anything they probably purchased him as a centre with a chance of being potentially fullback. BA reckons Blaze is the long term fullback and maybe he is. Just gotta see what unfolds. But I wouldn’t have promised Lomax fullback if Parra did they are idiots.
Lot of people on social media saying it's because there is worry he might end up a utility. His dad is apparently a bit of a yapper.. all he wants is to know what spot they see him playing in the team going forward so he can nail it down. Doesn't care if its in the spine or at centre / wing. Just doesn't want to end up a utility.

Lot of people on social media saying it's because there is worry he might end up a utility. His dad is apparently a bit of a yapper.. all he wants is to know what spot they see him playing in the team going forward so he can nail it down. Doesn't care if its in the spine or at centre / wing. Just doesn't want to end up a utility.
That’s the downside of being a utility type player, you don’t really own a spot. You could be decent at playing each of them but you never very rarely become elite at them given you may be playing centre one week and the next wing or fullback.

Roosters will need a Keary replacement. Blaize's availability is oddly timely...
I haven’t watched him play often so I can’t say how he’ll do at 6, but I could possibly see them making an offer for him to play there.

Is Taumalolo no good these days? Haven't seen the cowboys play much and surprised he's #17. The guy was incredible and is only 30. Payten never seemed that interested in him. What's his form like? I'm sure Cowboys would be happy to offload his contract if they're playing him off the bench but clubs probably can't get near his salary.

Is Taumalolo no good these days? Haven't seen the cowboys play much and surprised he's #17. The guy was incredible and is only 30. Payten never seemed that interested in him. What's his form like? I'm sure Cowboys would be happy to offload his contract if they're playing him off the bench but clubs probably can't get near his salary.
He’s lost a lot of his spark from the early days of his career. Nowhere near his best now and probably why no clubs have been keeping tabs on him, taking him now is a very big gamble and I think unless they get lucky, Cowboys are stuck with him.

Have been impressed with Samuela Fainu at backrow. Personally (assuming we keep Stefano…) I’d be prioritising a right edge back rower so Bateman can move to the bench and I’d likely keep Papa at 13. Below is what I’d be hoping for next year….think it makes us competitive. Question mark on whether Pole & Papali’i can start together as they’re similar size/profile but I think it should be okay.

Stef
Api
Pole
Fainu
???
Papali’i

Utility (likely Latu Fainu or DaSilva)
Klemmer
Bateman
Twal

The backs is another story though….

Members online