Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I like De Belin but think he stays @ the Dragons or goes to England.

You like how he plays or you like him?

I hate him. The way he prances around, his head, his way too straight back, hate him. If you want an insight into his personality look no further than when he was on the rape charges. He was walking around Wollongong in red speedos walking his dog. Now I know that's no crime, but if your in the public eye on rape charges you don't walk the streets in speedos. There is just something weird about that.

However as a player he is a fantastic lock. Big body, works hard and carries the ball very deep into the line creating space for his halves. Not sure that's enough to want him in a Tigers jersey though. Not that head.

Those people are the ones holding onto every breath of positive hope.
If Naden is in our starting team we are in trouble he isn’t NRL quality.
I kind of get Benji giving Nado a week to respond to one of the worst performances ever seen in first grade. The problem comes if he has another bad game. That could be curtains.

Turuva not good enough defensively to play centre, blind Freddy can see that.
Let Turuva and Bula battle it out for the fullback spot and the one who misses out to play on the wing.
Unless we see a dramatic improvement, than Naden has to go and the jury is still out on Staines & To’a also.
Still some good talent that can be recruited to play centre & wing for us if we have a look and act fast.
We also need an extra genuine NRL quality edge forward and a genuine NRL quality middle forward, it’s a harder task finding then at the moment and that’s just if we retain Stef as we will need more than one middle if he departs.
I don’t know where we find an NRL quality right centre. We’ve already got fringe centres in To’a, Faatape and Naden, it can’t be player in NSW Cup.

That is the big issue with him. It's affected his games with more errors, less confidence, etc. He was a great player before his ACL. I think he would be a good buy at the right price
Talking abotu Stifi T. at Easts...

A forward doing their ACL may limit their mobility a bit.

A back doing their ACL really limits them. Their running speed is slower, a winger becomes a Center and a center muscles up to become a forward.

The question is price and team fit. Easts appear to have botched David Fifita's signing or he is flakey.

Talking abotu Stifi T. at Easts...

A forward doing their ACL may limit their mobility a bit.

A back doing their ACL really limits them. Their running speed is slower, a winger becomes a Center and a center muscles up to become a forward.

The question is price and team fit. Easts appear to have botched David Fifita's signing or he is flakey.
Conspiracy theory is Fifita’s manager rang Politis and asked about the third party deal in the wake of Ponga’s getting air time, Easts run scared and didn’t want scrutiny on their deal.
Conspiracy theory 2, Easts needed the cap money to get Ponga

I don’t know where we find an NRL quality right centre. We’ve already got fringe centres in To’a, Faatape and Naden, it can’t be player in NSW Cup.
Suruva and Olam are more than good enough to fill the centres. The big challenge at the moment is we need class wingers who carry strongly out of our own end and score tries.

Conspiracy theory is Fifita’s manager rang Politis and asked about the third party deal in the wake of Ponga’s getting air time, Easts run scared and didn’t want scrutiny on their deal.
I also thought theory 2 might be a chance

^THIS!

We need bankable high quality Centers. Talent, not Depth in the backrow.

Olam was a good signing at left Center. A risk, but a great signing that means we have a solid first grader in position.

To'a is a fringe cneter.

Naden is flakey. I reckon he is a better winger and at wing up's our defense.

Faatape was a risk. A probably the kind of Fringe grader we should sign...

But none are NRL quality, Naden being the closest.

Between 4, almost 5 high paid Halves and all the others paid on our backline... We don't have anyone who is a quality Center other then Olam.

Moreover - Proves the cap is being roarted.

This wasn't a TPA between Ponga and the company.
This was a TPA between the Knights, Ponga and the company.

Are the knights going down to 0 points?
How many games would they win without the Pong?

Conspiracy theories off. I think David Fifita got cold feet. Dinnit want to move interstate and Des Haslier somehow found a way to convince him to stay... A way like:
"Hey mate you are on 1M here, why are you walking for 800k"?

Back