Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

rather interestingly I was listening to Footy Talk and Weidler said that he had heard AD had approached the club about an extension.

the club told AD that it “only had one spot left and minimum wage left in the cap” and that he was more than welcome to take that, but told him to wait a little bit as they may shop a few players around and there may be more dollars for him available.

as we all know, we’re sitting currently at 27, with Stefano, Tumeth and Sezer all with options on their deals. Stef obviously you include at 28, but is there a chance we’ve signed someone else? have Tumeth or Sezer taken up their option, or have we just re-signed Simpkin? and furthermore, who are we looking to shop?

St George Illawarra have emerged as a major threat for the signature of young gun Parramatta local junior Blaize Talagi.

The Eels have tabled a three-year deal well in excess of $1 million to retain Talagi but the Dragons have been working hard behind-the-scenes to try and get a deal done for the last couple of months.

Zac Lomax set to switch clubs and join the Eels to play in the centres next season while the Dragons have told Talagi there’s a clear pathway straight into the Red V NRL side in the centres.
He would walk in to our side at centre too

rather interestingly I was listening to Footy Talk and Weidler said that he had heard AD had approached the club about an extension.

the club told AD that it “only had one spot left and minimum wage left in the cap” and that he was more than welcome to take that, but told him to wait a little bit as they may shop a few players around and there may be more dollars for him available.

as we all know, we’re sitting currently at 27, with Stefano, Tumeth and Sezer all with options on their deals. Stef obviously you include at 28, but is there a chance we’ve signed someone else? have Tumeth or Sezer taken up their option, or have we just re-signed Simpkin? and furthermore, who are we looking to shop?
excuse my ignorance, with Tumeth and Sezer are they mutual options or player options? If mutual options to both club and player have to agree. I would imagine with Tumuth and to a lesser extent Sezer club wont want to extend so what happens?

I wondered that myself. If Stef, Sezer & Tumeth are included, that's 30 so someone is being factored out in Richo's mind.

excuse my ignorance, with Tumeth and Sezer are they mutual options or player options? If mutual options to both club and player have to agree. I would imagine with Tumuth and to a lesser extent Sezer club wont want to extend so what happens?
Tumeth is a player option so he only needs to exercise it while Sezer is mutual option so I think both have to agree.

If we have to we buy out Tumeth' option, we do it, think very hard about Sezer, especially if Sullivan stays, and of course fight to keep Stefano if he wants to stay. Tumeth has done nothing and extending him into next years roster wont change that. The dead wood in roster have to be moved on and create spots for new recruitment / promotion. Those bad old contract sweeteners are killing us.

If we have to we buy out Tumeth' option, we do it, think very hard about Sezer, especially if Sullivan stays, and of course fight to keep Stefano if he wants to stay. Tumeth has done nothing and extending him into next years roster wont change that. The dead wood in roster have to be moved on and create spots for new recruitment / promotion. Those bad old contract sweeteners are killing us.
Hopefully we do the same for Tumeth as the Rugby Union centre at the end of last year, cant imagine he would be on too much but we must open a spot up

Before Saturday’s game everyone was commenting on the good combo Staines and Naden were building, then Benji moved Naden to the wing. It was a really bad move in hindsight and after one shocker everyone is calling for Naden’s sacking. Why not just put them back in the positions where they were previously performing pretty well?
Naden was getting towelled in defence when he was in the centres next to Staines

Back