Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Problem is everyone seems to go to a new level once they leave this footballers graveyard, talau,s form here definitely didn't warrant retaining
This. Players do not perform at their best here.

Same thing happens when we sign players, look no further than Papali’i. Compare his stats in his time here vs at Parra.

We are looking for quick wingers and I now know why we have not seen Jimmy Ngutlik in First Grade

His date of birth on our website has him tuning 2 years old in October so we would need an NRL exemption

Must have been a nightmare for his mother during birth

View attachment 12170
So according to our website he was born on 21 October 2022,
But made his debut 28 August 2022.
This guy made his debut before he was even born.
We have something special in our stocks here at Wests Tigers FOR SURE.

Neither would have played with their team at full strength. That's the problem, we need more than 5 games as a fill in. It's top end talent we lack.
I actually think the biggest thing we lack in our team is not the top end talent, it’s the “league average” style player. You need about 8 of them in your top 17, they should be relatively easy to acquire and/or develop and they don’t (or shouldn’t) cost a fortune. We will never succeed until we find or develop these type of average players and pay the right price. At present, we have below average players being paid as average players and average players being paid as good or star players.

I actually think the biggest thing we lack in our team is not the top end talent, it’s the “league average” style player. You need about 8 of them in your top 17, they should be relatively easy to acquire and/or develop and they don’t (or shouldn’t) cost a fortune. We will never succeed until we find or develop these type of average players and pay the right price. At present, we have below average players being paid as average players and average players being paid as good or star players.
💯 Wiz many are not understanding the vast majority of our players are decent and would do the job required at most NRL clubs.
The reason we struggle to win games is we don’t have any x-factor stars that can turn water into wine and win us games single handedly.
Api has shown he can be that player a couple of times per season, Galvin has shown glimpses of this in his short NRL careeer so far and Bula threatens to do it on occasions, but has never really taken a game by the scruff of the throat and dominated enough to sole handedly win us a game.
Luai and Turuva have been signed to help in this area and both should ably assist us, but neither seem to have the superstar qualities we are craving either.
Given more time to grow and mature maybe one or 2 of the likes of Bula, Galvin, Latu & Sam Fainu, Mason, Da Silva & Onitoni Large if we keep him can the superstar players we are needing.

Wests Tigers talent Adam Doueihi knocked on the office door of club CEO Shane Richardson last week.
The 25-year-old, who is on the comeback trail from injury after 13 months out, made a move that very few players in today’s game would have the gumption to take.

Many players struggle to push more than a sentence out to their club boss, let alone sit down inside the CEO’s office and explain why he wouldn’t be accepting the club’s initial contract offer for 2025.

Sitting opposite Richardson, Doueihi showed the actions of a player who knows his worth, while living up to the standards set by his hardworking father, to make decisions for yourself.

Injured Wests Tiger Adam Doueihi is doing his own contract negotiations. Picture: Richard Dobson

Injured Wests Tiger Adam Doueihi is doing his own contract negotiations. Picture: Richard Dobson

DOUEIHI THE NEGOTIATOR

Doueihi doesn’t even need to play in his comeback game, which should to be within the next five weeks.

He has already proven his character and his maturity by the fact that he is negotiating his next contract without the assistance of a player manager or agent.

In a week that Titans back-rower David Fifita asked his manager to call Roosters chairman Nick Politis to backflip on his deal, Doueihi is making all the calls himself.

“I come from a business-minded family. My dad owns his own dry-cleaning business and I’ve got a good close network of friends who own successful businesses and I enjoy trying to pick their brains,” Doueihi said.

“The challenge of having tough conversations with people is something I’m always looking to improve and I feel like this is a good stepping stone for life after footy, where I will be dealing with different people and networking and having those tough conversations, as I said.

“I’ve always had the mindset that my footy is going to do the talking and whether a manager is involved or not, I know my worth.”

Doueihi recognised that not every player would feel comfortable cutting deals worth anywhere between $200,000 and $1 million.

“For other players, it could be a bit overwhelming and intimidating if you don’t know how to deal with senior figures, or how to have tough conversations,” Doueihi said.

“But that’s something that I want to do. I know I’m trusting my manager because the manager is me.

“I’ve always got that trust factor that I’m going to put myself first and that’s all that matters I guess.

“If another manager has three or four halves off-contract and you’re a half, you ask ‘where do I fit in and who am I getting shopped to?’

“I’m not bagging managers, but at least I know all the conversations about me that are being had.

“I’m not going to push players away from their managers. However, the boys at training are already asking when they can sign up to my management company.

“But it’s a case of each to their own. I may need a manager in the future, but right now, I’m going at it by myself.”

REJECTING LOW-BALL BID

In the wake of a third major knee injury, Doueihi told Richardson that he wouldn’t be accepting the club’s minimum wage offer of a one-year deal worth around $150,000.

“Unfortunately I’ve had this injury and it put me on the back foot, but it’s just another challenge that I’ve enjoyed taking on,” Doueihi said.

Wests Tigers chief executive Shane Richardson. Picture: David Swift

“My contract is up at the end of this year, but my whole focus has been to get back playing first and let everything else sort itself out, once I’m back playing the footy I know I can.

“I’ve got the utmost belief in myself. I’ve done 14 months of rehab now and it’s made me stronger, not only physically, but mentally.

“It’s getting to the stage where I’m coming back soon.”

POSITIONAL SWITCH ON THE CARDS

Doueihi has played 87 NRL games and has shown how good he can be with nine tries in 2021.

He wants to push his claims as a halfback when he returns and has dropped 5kg from his playing weight of last season to be 94kg.

Getting back on the field is the priority and making calls to rival clubs will eventuate if he is unable to strike a deal with the Tigers.

“If it wasn’t for my dad’s attitude of trying to work every day and providing for my mum and my family, I’d have no idea how to do all this stuff,’’ Doueihi said.

“It’s through his hard work and the way he presents himself, he’s well respected and if I can imitate his life as best as I can, I’m going to make good decisions and everything is going to fall into place.

Doueihi says coach Benji Marshall has told him he’s part of his plans. Picture: Jenny Evans/Getty Images

Doueihi says coach Benji Marshall has told him he’s part of his plans. Picture: Jenny Evans/Getty Images
“It’s no secret that I’m off-contract this year and I’m not playing at the moment, which does not help me.

“But I’ve got full faith in my knee. I’ve received the last tick off from the surgeon and so I won’t do anything until I’m back playing.

“I’ve told Richo (Richardson) that.

“If it comes to the stage where the Tigers tap me on the shoulder and say there’s no more room for me, I’ll jump on the phone and call other clubs.

“I’ve always loved the Tigers, I’m a junior of the club, Benji (Marshall) and Richo have told me I’m part of their future, so we’ll see what happens.”

Wests Tigers talent Adam Doueihi knocked on the office door of club CEO Shane Richardson last week.
The 25-year-old, who is on the comeback trail from injury after 13 months out, made a move that very few players in today’s game would have the gumption to take.

Many players struggle to push more than a sentence out to their club boss, let alone sit down inside the CEO’s office and explain why he wouldn’t be accepting the club’s initial contract offer for 2025.

Sitting opposite Richardson, Doueihi showed the actions of a player who knows his worth, while living up to the standards set by his hardworking father, to make decisions for yourself.

DOUEIHI THE NEGOTIATOR

Doueihi doesn’t even need to play in his comeback game, which should to be within the next five weeks.

He has already proven his character and his maturity by the fact that he is negotiating his next contract without the assistance of a player manager or agent.

In a week that Titans back-rower David Fifita asked his manager to call Roosters chairman Nick Politis to backflip on his deal, Doueihi is making all the calls himself.

“I come from a business-minded family. My dad owns his own dry-cleaning business and I’ve got a good close network of friends who own successful businesses and I enjoy trying to pick their brains,” Doueihi said.

“The challenge of having tough conversations with people is something I’m always looking to improve and I feel like this is a good stepping stone for life after footy, where I will be dealing with different people and networking and having those tough conversations, as I said.

“I’ve always had the mindset that my footy is going to do the talking and whether a manager is involved or not, I know my worth.”

Doueihi recognised that not every player would feel comfortable cutting deals worth anywhere between $200,000 and $1 million.

“For other players, it could be a bit overwhelming and intimidating if you don’t know how to deal with senior figures, or how to have tough conversations,” Doueihi said.

“But that’s something that I want to do. I know I’m trusting my manager because the manager is me.

“I’ve always got that trust factor that I’m going to put myself first and that’s all that matters I guess.

“If another manager has three or four halves off-contract and you’re a half, you ask ‘where do I fit in and who am I getting shopped to?’

“I’m not bagging managers, but at least I know all the conversations about me that are being had.

“I’m not going to push players away from their managers. However, the boys at training are already asking when they can sign up to my management company.

“But it’s a case of each to their own. I may need a manager in the future, but right now, I’m going at it by myself.”

REJECTING LOW-BALL BID

In the wake of a third major knee injury, Doueihi told Richardson that he wouldn’t be accepting the club’s minimum wage offer of a one-year deal worth around $150,000.

“Unfortunately I’ve had this injury and it put me on the back foot, but it’s just another challenge that I’ve enjoyed taking on,” Doueihi said.

“My contract is up at the end of this year, but my whole focus has been to get back playing first and let everything else sort itself out, once I’m back playing the footy I know I can.

“I’ve got the utmost belief in myself. I’ve done 14 months of rehab now and it’s made me stronger, not only physically, but mentally.

“It’s getting to the stage where I’m coming back soon.”

POSITIONAL SWITCH ON THE CARDS

Doueihi has played 87 NRL games and has shown how good he can be with nine tries in 2021.

He wants to push his claims as a halfback when he returns and has dropped 5kg from his playing weight of last season to be 94kg.

Getting back on the field is the priority and making calls to rival clubs will eventuate if he is unable to strike a deal with the Tigers.

“If it wasn’t for my dad’s attitude of trying to work every day and providing for my mum and my family, I’d have no idea how to do all this stuff,’’ Doueihi said.

“It’s through his hard work and the way he presents himself, he’s well respected and if I can imitate his life as best as I can, I’m going to make good decisions and everything is going to fall into place.

“It’s no secret that I’m off-contract this year and I’m not playing at the moment, which does not help me.

“But I’ve got full faith in my knee. I’ve received the last tick off from the surgeon and so I won’t do anything until I’m back playing.

“I’ve told Richo (Richardson) that.

“If it comes to the stage where the Tigers tap me on the shoulder and say there’s no more room for me, I’ll jump on the phone and call other clubs.

“I’ve always loved the Tigers, I’m a junior of the club, Benji (Marshall) and Richo have told me I’m part of their future, so we’ll see what happens.”
Dude - you’re still getting $150k! Do you know how hard you have to work to earn this in the non football world?

What’s a wash and iron of one shirt at Dads Laundry cost? $3? Go do that 50,000 times. Now re-consider the Tigers offer you arrogant prick.

Dude - you’re still getting $150k! Do you know how hard you have to work to earn this in the non football world?

What’s a wash and iron of one shirt at Dads Laundry cost? $3? Go do that 50,000 times. Now re-consider the Tigers offer you arrogant prick.
So every player should accept any offer. What a ridiculous comment

For someone who’s supposedly business minded, he’s going to look like a twat if he comes back and re-injures himself and leaves himself with nothing. If he had a brain, he’d take the offer, then spend the rest of this year and next, working towards earning the money he used to.

Seems alot of people are very negative about Doueihi not taking a minimum wage contract. A few of you that I've seen say he's washed and won't even come back seem very emotional about the fact that he did not accept it.

Who cares if he accepts it or not? We will see him in the centre roll this year, and if he plays well we offer him a bigger contract. If not then cya later. He doesn't owe the club anything, some of you need to stop acting like he does.

Reactions: 851
Seems alot of people are very negative about Doueihi not taking a minimum wage contract. A few of you that I've seen say he's washed and won't even come back seem very emotional about the fact that he did not accept it.

Who cares if he accepts it or not? We will see him in the centre roll this year, and if he plays well we offer him a bigger contract. If not then cya later. He doesn't owe the club anything, some of you need to stop acting like he does.
I don’t care if he takes it or not. Just doesn’t seem very prudent when he could easily come back and do it again.

So every player should accept any offer. What a ridiculous comment
AD think about doing Laundry before you decline our offer! Seriously some people ...... not even sure why anyone takes em seriously.

Do YoU KNoW hOW MuCH ThAT iS In ThE RegULaR WoRLd. He isn't in the regular world, he's a professional footballer and that is minimum wage. He wants to prove his value, good on him. Shows he isn't mentally broken and worried after getting the 3rd reco done. Confident and backs himself.

If he was in the "regular world" that would be a good offer, but he isn't. Just as Gino said, "if my mum had wheels she'd be a bike"

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Back