Soccer Super Thread

And Football Australia will supposedly build on the success of the Matildas to make them Australia's favourite team....

Yeah??? Really???

They'll have ZERO exposure again for the next 4 years - aside from individuals like Kerr (and hopefully Fowler's ascent to becoming an undeniable world class superstar)!

These corporate suckholes have no clue!! * See Rugby Australia....
Biggest bandwagon pile on in history…. Started to wear a bit thin…

The media are still calling them heroes.
I get the under dog romanticism, I get that they overachieved but geeze you’d think they were gods the way they are spoken about.
I mean they only managed 1 goal in their past 6 hours of play. Dull is the correct descriptor.

Anyway, if people want strong female representation in the sporting arena, get behind the world champion Southern Stars, the world champion Diamonds, the world champion Jillaroos, the very successful Hockeyroos or the Dolphins - where the women have dominated the world for years.
These Matilda’s are ok but the amazing focus on them has taken away from these other excellent outfits who are actually at the top of their fields.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I think it came along at a time when many Aussies are hurting and we needed a diversion/lift and these ladies provided it.
Glad to see Albo put his hand in his pocket for $200m toward ladies sport although blatant political grandstanding but that’s life.
Probably a bit of overkill toward the end but let’s just celebrate it for what it gave us and move on.

Watching WC final and the quality, especially from Spain, is excellent. A real wake up call as to what top level soccer is all about.
Currently 1-0 Spain but expect that to increase.
If you’re not watching switch it on.

Technically very skilled. Pity about that penalty!

The media are still calling them heroes.
I get the under dog romanticism, I get that they overachieved but geeze you’d think they were gods the way they are spoken about.
I mean they only managed 1 goal in their past 6 hours of play. Dull is the correct descriptor.

Anyway, if people want strong female representation in the sporting arena, get behind the world champion Southern Stars, the world champion Diamonds, the world champion Jillaroos, the very successful Hockeyroos or the Dolphins - where the women have dominated the world for years.
These Matilda’s are ok but the amazing focus on them has taken away from these other excellent outfits who are actually at the top of their fields.

I didn't jump on the bandwagon because they were winning, I like the sport. You don't obviously, if they're not scoring goals it's boring to you, I get it, but you're in the minority, it truly is the world game. You don't have to keep trashing the sport at every opportunity you sound like a broken record. If the nation wants to get behind them, it can only be a good thing it unites the supporters, stop being so negative.

I didn't jump on the bandwagon because they were winning, I like the sport. You don't obviously, if they're not scoring goals it's boring to you, I get it, but you're in the minority, it truly is the world game. You don't have to keep trashing the sport at every opportunity you sound like a broken record. If the nation wants to get behind them, it can only be a good thing it unites the supporters, stop being so negative.
Lol how is me stating that there are other female sporting teams that achieve far more and receive far less being negative?

Such a shame for the poms (not) bridesmaids again

They can add the trophy to all the other ones they didnt win in the last 10 months,Rugby League world cup (mens and womens) Womens t20 cricket world cup The Ashes Mens and womens cricket and the womens Netball world cup.They did get many participation awards to keep them happy

Back