Team style: Wakeham or Brooks

Now I haven’t seen the game on Tv, only at the ground from a limited angle but we looked to work all our plays in the middle in the first 20 and at the back end of the game we were playing very side to side.
Is it Brooks? Or is it a bit of coaching. I didn’t see alot of angled runs, multiple options in hit ups out there even some of our hit ups were not hard runs.
But honestly why play him?
You decide to play your rookie over your captain who was under done but don’t make that same call on the halfback? Possibly because Wakeham joined the team late in the preseason but even still he had more ‘game time’ with the team prior to this game. Could of even played Laurie there since both he and Stains had effectively the same amount of time at fullback in the preseason and a lot of our training had images of Stains at fullback with Daine in the halves.
Honestly has Brooks had a chance to train at all in the preseason?
The other point is we all know Doueihi runs the team. We just need a 6 or a more complementary 7. Prehaps we should Bring young Arthur across from Parramatta.

This is the issue and it's a massive issue. When he is on his game he will make some good plays here. I remember one game last year when he ran it out wide and Nofo was on that wing and he set up a couple of tries.

The problem is that he is so inconsistent and lacks creativity as a secondary play maker in the halves especially when we are on the attack.

Benji at the backend of his career had so many mistakes in his game but he was creative. I don't think Brooks will ever have that ability. AD isn't that creative but he is a threat when running the ball.
Brooks timing/decision making with the ball in hand in the attacking zone at times is terrible. Runs the blokes outside him toward the sideline and then passes to them instead of taking the tackle and getting a quick play the ball. They have no room to move and get thrown into touch or are faced to throw a low percentage ball to try and keep the ball in play and then are blamed for the error. You can see the indecision on his face.

Brooks timing/decision making with the ball in hand in the attacking zone at times is terrible. Runs the blokes outside him toward the sideline and then passes to them instead of taking the tackle and getting a quick play the ball. They have no room to move and get thrown into touch or are faced to throw a low percentage ball to try and keep the ball in play and then are blamed for the error. You can see the indecision on his face.

I stated it was unfair to sack him after 1 week but I didn't pick him against the Knights. I just think he needs to prove himself in reserves.

I stated it was unfair to sack him after 1 week but I didn't pick him against the Knights. I just think he needs to prove himself in reserves.
Can't see him being dropped - too much controversy especially after Sheens has publically backed him from being ridiculed for the teams failure. I'll just be satisfied with a better performance at this point.

Before everyone gets over excited about Wakeham's performance yesterday it's worth noting that Chooks legit had no first grade experience in their side. Tigers team littered with it so the scoreline is exactly where it should have been and anything less would have been below par. The Brooks/Wakeham argument is the same one we long had with Brooks/Madden till Madden failed to deliver and most were then off him. The sooner Tigers cut their losses with Brooks the better and now is the perfect time to rid themselves of him for good given it's his last year. I'd be doing what it takes entice George Williams out from UK and punt Brooks in the other direction.

I don't think you can accuse Laurie of having no heart, he plays above his weight his positional play at times is atrocious. This is probably why we dont want him on a long term deal, i think he's seen as a stop gap or back up option in a couple of positions.
I can and I did.

His number one job for the team is to defuse bombs and dig deep to be in position to effect results

He lacks big time.

Not going to sit and watch him try to fancy for a whole season while the real stuff he is hired for is ignored. If I know Sheen's I won't have to wait more that a few weeks for him to lose his shit and remove him.

Last edited:
very disappointing game from luke and the rest yesterday.mind you,is simpkins had scored early it would have been a different game.
give luke a rest and give wakeham a shot.a s a p

I can and I did.

His number one job for the team is to defuse bombs and dig deep to be in position to effect results

He lacks big time.

Not going to sit and watch him try to fancy for a whole season while the real stuff he is hired for is ignored. If I know Sheen's I won't have to wait more that a few weeks for him to lose his shit and remove him.

Yeah fair enough i do see your point and don't necessarily disagree, I just don't see it as being a lack of heart type issue. For me its more of a talent issue i don't think he has enough talent to be considered a decent NRL fullback, you can't make those mistakes eg not attempting to defuse a bomb and claim you are.

I think it's way to early to decide between Wakeman or Brooks. Lets see how he goes after the Dolphins start losing a few

Huge risk having Laurie at six, imagine the traffic coming his way, opposition coaches would be loving it

A lot of people laughed at this...I even saw jokes on facebook.

But, if people had any footy IQ they would have known.

I am not singling out one player...but you can't have a bloke touch the ball so much as Brooks and be bad / not see space / not have a good passing game.

Wakeham has to be the 7.

To anyone not seeing that at this point...I really don't know what to else to say.

Members online

Back