Terrible ref

I think we played to the best of our ability under difficult circumstances. We are a team that can't be expected to excel when not given fair opportunity. Again all our stats show that we were competitive but nothing much else went out way.
🤣🤣

I think the game of rugby league is too fast for a female referee, a female touch judge fine

I dont care whether that ref today was male or female .. that ref was incompetent .. lacked the vision .. lacked ability to control the game .. !! Was that ref upset with the Tigers because we let Gav Badger go from our coaching staff .. ?? The Dogs were offside for a full set of 6 in defence on the blind side and ref never looked there once and the Dogs constantly jammed in our 1st receiver because they were offside. Dogs conned the ref all game ..always walking off the mark when tackled and make sure our markers then interfered with the play of ball and they were awarded 6 again time after time because they walking off the mark. For the life of me how the ball was called forward when the Fox dived on it close to the sideline .. how the ref and lines-person missed that is beyond belief .. !! We 3 times challenged the ref's discission's and won .. just shows the ref had no idea of what they were calling. There was tackle on us when the called held .. then Creigton came in from the side barreled into our player on the ground from the side .. it was late .. it was dangerous and the ref did nothing. There was a moment in the game when you can hear John Bateman asking the ref why we didnt get penalty for something .. and you can hear the ref say ... ohhh i cant see everything .. then John says .. but its the player with the ball aren't you watching that. How the hell can Mahoney stay on the field when he comes running in as the 3rd or 4th person into a scuffle and escalates the whole thing. When Seyfarth was given 10 .. so should have Mahoney. That ref should never control a NRL game every again .. a shocking display of control and whistle blowing. Rant over.

Weird that people are focusing on her gender. She's just a terrible referee, doesn't matter what gender she is and not sure why that is an issue. Ashley Klein doesn't represent bald guys very well, but I don't think his issues are particular to that aspect of him.

I dont care whether that ref today was male or female .. that ref was incompetent .. lacked the vision .. lacked ability to control the game .. !! Was that ref upset with the Tigers because we let Gav Badger go from our coaching staff .. ?? The Dogs were offside for a full set of 6 in defence on the blind side and ref never looked there once and the Dogs constantly jammed in our 1st receiver because they were offside. Dogs conned the ref all game ..always walking off the mark when tackled and make sure our markers then interfered with the play of ball and they were awarded 6 again time after time because they walking off the mark. For the life of me how the ball was called forward when the Fox dived on it close to the sideline .. how the ref and lines-person missed that is beyond belief .. !! We 3 times challenged the ref's discission's and won .. just shows the ref had no idea of what they were calling. There was tackle on us when the called held .. then Creigton came in from the side barreled into our player on the ground from the side .. it was late .. it was dangerous and the ref did nothing. There was a moment in the game when you can hear John Bateman asking the ref why we didnt get penalty for something .. and you can hear the ref say ... ohhh i cant see everything .. then John says .. but its the player with the ball aren't you watching that. How the hell can Mahoney stay on the field when he comes running in as the 3rd or 4th person into a scuffle and escalates the whole thing. When Seyfarth was given 10 .. so should have Mahoney. That ref should never control a NRL game every again .. a shocking display of control and whistle blowing. Rant over.
Agree 100%
Not to mention we didn’t get one 6 to go or a penalty the whole second half. I am sure the dogs are as pure as driven snow!
What about Cretins arm around the neck holding the player down, she had no fen idea!

I blame the NRL. They are trying to be politically correct by appointment women in the NRL. Weak leadership.

Belinda Sharp is a lot better and will be good enough for the NRL one day, but in reality she and Kasey should be headlining the woman's game.

The NRL hierarchy don't care about the integrity of both games. They are taking the 2 best female ref's away from NRLW, and as a result two better male ref's are in KOE cup, therefore effecting both the NRL and NRLW.

Imagine being a reserve grade ref watching today's game? You would walk away
I havent watched todays game to comment on the performance but i believe you are absolutely right about the female refs being appointed simply through political correctness.

Years ago the Badgers had a podcast where they would review the controversial decisions made over the weekend and explain how the ref in question likely came to the conclusion they did. On the podcast the topic of female referees was raised. Kasey herself said that the game is to fast for any female to keep up with and adjudicate on to an acceptable level. It makes sense given the game is played by professional athletes there would be few enough men that could keep up with the pace of the game.

The topic was again broached when Sharpe made her debut. This was at the time of two referees and again the thought of both the Badgers was that the game was to fast for a woman to be lead referee but a woman could comfortably meet the phyical demands of a pocket ref (which Sharpe initially was).

Now that we are back to one referee and the game has only become faster in that time I don't understand how those in control can expect a woman to perform the role, nor why Kasey has taken on a role that she herself previously deemed herself incapable.

Weird that people are focusing on her gender. She's just a terrible referee, doesn't matter what gender she is and not sure why that is an issue. Ashley Klein doesn't represent bald guys very well, but I don't think his issues are particular to that aspect of him.

It's not weird at all actually. Her gender has only been mentioned because that's the reason the NRL are picking her to ref. No one has said she is bad because she is female.

Agree 100%
Not to mention we didn’t get one 6 to go or a penalty the whole second half. I am sure the dogs are as pure as driven snow!
What about Cretins arm around the neck holding the player down, she had no fen idea!
Crichton was constantly pulling the legs or arms of the tackled players on the ground when he was 3rd man in and retreating back to his defensive line.

Crichton was constantly pulling the legs or arms of the tackled players on the ground when he was 3rd man in and retreating back to his defensive line.

There was one leg pull by Chrighton in the second half that was the most blatant one I've seen this year. Think it was 4th tackle around halfway. Obvious 6 to go that would have been a significant opportunity to gain some momentum.

If I'm Benji I'm letting the NRL know we will forfeit of we get appointed Badger again.

There was one leg pull by Chrighton in the second half that was the most blatant one I've seen this year. Think it was 4th tackle around halfway. Obvious 6 to go that would have been a significant opportunity to gain some momentum.

If I'm Benji I'm letting the NRL know we will forfeit of we get appointed Badger again.
I was screaming at my telle when he was doing that, I'm pretty sure when he was jarring the leg back running towards his defensive line he was looking right at the ref. Lol.

100% Mop, i said I wasn't going to mention all the refs errors BUT you have nailed it . Anyway that "ref " was way out of her qualifications and if we see her demoed next week, it is confirmed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back