The short kick off.

Tiger_heart

Presumably works on a 50% chance of getting the ball back. Are there any statistics to prove that it is a better option than the long kick? I am surprised at how quickly it has been taken up by so many clubs, regardless of the score (I may be wrong, maybe teams only do it when they want to retain possession). In a game that is based on field position, you'd think long is better? Probably also a good ploy when scored against?

Not a fan of the short , kick it deep and get up and in their faces , try for the early mistake Before they get settled by hitting Hard in defence , same for the short drop out , if A player can put it 50 mtr down field away from your try line do it , to much pressure if you stuff it up and they Get the ball 10 mtr out , we don’t have jumpers we have watchers when ball is in the air

It’s all about risk vrs reward. The risk is you concede a scrum, but if you go long, you’re going to be defending tackle two from much the same place. Basically it’s a no brainer and that is what the NRL want. As I said a couple of weeks ago, it was introduced to stop high speed collisions, to help stop the rate of concussions. The kick off is now being looked at also

Presumably works on a 50% chance of getting the ball back. Are there any statistics to prove that it is a better option than the long kick? I am surprised at how quickly it has been taken up by so many clubs, regardless of the score (I may be wrong, maybe teams only do it when they want to retain possession). In a game that is based on field position, you'd think long is better? Probably also a good ploy when scored against?
It might be 50% for other teams, it appears its about 0.5% chance for us. I cant recall too many times in the last 20 years it worked for the Tigers at all. Low chance play, even lower with a deficit IQ team that insists on playing 5 foot tall wingers against opposition teams that have 7 foot wingers. derp. Alex Lobb says hi.

I really hate these trends. Between this, the bunker, all the bullshit new terms they come up with every second week (disrupter), set restarts, they have ruined it. My enthusiasm for the game has never been lower. It’s not what I grew up watching.

I really hate these trends. Between this, the bunker, all the bullshit new terms they come up with every second week (disrupter), set restarts, they have ruined it. My enthusiasm for the game has never been lower. It’s not what I grew up watching.
I said the same thing when they expanded the NSWRL into Qld, yuck.

Some teams... Chooks for example... Will back their defence close to the line so they're happy both ways... Gain possesion or defend close with confidence

Some teams prefer to attack from 30 odd out rather then 5m away

Repeat sets used to be very valuable... Now it's lotto

I like the short kick off if your team is already gassed. Kicking the ball down field means you have to run 40m, then back 10m just to make the first tackle. The short kick you don't have to run anywhere so you save some energy.

I like the short kick off if your team is already gassed. Kicking the ball down field means you have to run 40m, then back 10m just to make the first tackle. The short kick you don't have to run anywhere so you save some energy.

Wests also save energy by not tackling.

#trendsetters.

Save even more energy by not tackling. :ROFLMAO:

Back