Time for a Keep Blake Austin thread yet ?

@Magpie69,I have said numerous times this year,he has been one of our very best all season,how the hell they even consider getting rid of him is beyond me…

At this stage I'm more concerned for his well being

Just looking at him suggested things weren't well

Even if you favour a Farah-Brooks-Moses-Teddy spine, why would you get rid of the only player who can cover those positions.

Do I have to remind anyone, that he received about 75 per cent of the votes from Forum members for the player-of-the-year? This player is a future NRL captain based on his efforts on the field and his exploits off the field.
He will be a great asset at whatever NRL team he ends up with in the future.

He's contracted for another year. Potter wants him here. I think he'll be staying.

@happy tiger said:

Why so Happy?

He has been our best player this year, and is beginning to be 1 of my favourite players. He's not the fastest He's not the biggest,But He gives his all everytime he steps onto the field and for that I would signing him on a 2 year deal with 1 more year in our favour.

@NT Tiger said:
He's contracted for another year. Potter wants him here. I think he'll be staying.

@happy tiger said:

Why so Happy?

I'm not a Dr , but his knee seemed to be protruding out when he limped off

Could suggest a dislocated kneecap , which can result in ligaments being damaged

@NT Tiger said:

@happy tiger said:

Why so Happy?

I'm no Dr , but his knee seemed to be protruding out badly when he came off

Could mean a dislocated kneecap which can damage ligaments

I doubt it was a dislocated kneecap. I've done it twice and its basically impossible to walk. Anyway its easily fixed - just bang it back in and you are good to go.

@happy tiger said:

Despite his ankle injury he looks pretty fine to me…
Is there something else going on?

@Masterton said:
Even if you favour a Farah-Brooks-Moses-Teddy spine, why would you get rid of the only player who can cover those positions.

He still has 1 year left with us , The Club controls him for next year as he is still contracted to us , but for 2016 and beyond he controls his destiny as i have said on another thread if he see's himself as a number 6 and we can't offer that ? he will be gone .
He is not going to hang around as a Utility , Adam Blair's contract is up at the end of next year , we can maybe offer him the Number 13 jersey as his own , whether Austin see's himself there will be up to him .
My gut feeling say's he will be gone after next year.

If his defence is up to it, I think he has to play lock. We have enough size to carry a smaller forward, and I cant see them breaking up the Brookes/Moses combination, but he definately has to be in the team somewhere

@Magpie69 said:
If his defence is up to it, I think he has to play lock. We have enough size to carry a smaller forward, and I cant see them breaking up the Brookes/Moses combination, but he definately has to be in the team somewhere

He is a starting NRL player no doubt about that , but if there is a demand from rival Clubs for his services ? i guarantee you Austin will dictate where he wants to play .
Our club will not break the Brooks/Moses combination as they have invested to much in these 2 , If Austin does not want to compromise and maybe be our Lock ? then unfortunately can't see him being with us after next year

@Magpie69 said:
Oh, thats ok then,he has a contract….............really means nothing these days

I love how people say this crap , the Club controls the player's situation . If the club wants the player gone even if he still is Contracted then the Club will break up a Contract at there convenience .
A Club can't always foresee a player's future for e.g Benji broke his contract last year and asked for a release to go to a rival code , but if Benji wanted to go to a rival Club and the Tigers didn't want to ? Benji can't register a contract with the NRL with a rival Club whilst still contracted with us , so the Clubs do control Player's Contracts. In Benji"s case he did us a favour and eased our salary cap and at the same time helped sign our Juniors.
Another e.g is Ben Barba the Bulldogs got a Transfer Fee out of the Broncos and granted his release due to his circumstances , but when he originally signed his Contract with the Bulldogs his girlfriend lived in Sydney with him at the time , it was only when she moved away from him (with there split) that he asked the Bulldogs for a release cause he wanted to be closer to his kids and Bulldogs were not going to keep someone who wasn't going to be there long term.

@Magpie69 said:

He doesn't want to play lock ,centre or wing

He is best suited to the halves or fullback

He realizes that Tedesco is a better fullback option , but he has played better at 6 than Moses has so far and might be trying to force the club to make a call either way

There are no decent 6 's on the market (excluding Carney ) so he will get good money from the Sharks or Raiders

Hope he stays and gets a chance in the pre season to prove if he is the better option at 6 or not

@happy tiger said:
@Magpie69 said:

He doesn't want to play lock ,centre or wing

He is best suited to the halves or fullback

He realizes that Tedesco is a better fullback option , but he has played better at 6 than Moses has so far and might be trying to force the club to make a call either way

There are no decent 6 's on the market (excluding Carney ) so he will get good money from the Sharks or Raiders

Hope he stays and gets a chance in the pre season to prove if he is the better option at 6 or not

It's a tough decision that has to be made that's for sure . Put Austin at 6 or keep or keep Moses there ?

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Back