LIVE GAME Trial 2 vs. Dragons

Live Game Discussion
Yes, I too bow down the child Prince of Concord. I am a believer. I'm sorry I ever doubted him.
I remember many talked up Rua after his good trial a few seasons back.might want to wait a bit before we act

It’s a trial so not over concerned with what’s transpired in the first half. All I am looking for is some positives to give me some hope come the season proper.

As always Api has been great, but Galvin is the guy who has impressed me. He has to be either the six or seven round one. Anyway the bottom line we are not and never were going to be a top eight side this year, but hold off for a few weeks before throwing in the towel

We need some size out wide. The difference between both sides seems their outside backs make metres and get them on the front foot.
We don’t………
One edge - Suli and Ravalawa...

But that edge won't win the Dragons a comp either!

Positives - AJ & Galvin. Bula looks slick when he has space.

Negatives - dumb dumb errors that aren’t NRL level. Our attack which is not even reserve grade level putting terrible pressure on our defence. Our bombs without any threat (when we threaten things look to happen).

We just lack any attacking mentality which is just costing us big time.

I don't understand how after 4 or 5 pre seasons he still has the body of a pre pubescent school girl.
Can someone please explain that to me.
Is he allergic to weights?
He looks like Luke Garner’s twin.

I don't want to judge or knock Sullivan because IMO he is a first reciever. He is a halfback. Playing 6 doesn't suit him.

On Galvin though, wow. I haven't jumped on his bandwagon as I've seen him twice as a junior and thought "yep he is good, but not Latu Fainu good". However tonight he has come on and simply changed our attack through a subtleness that only class brings.
His willingness in attack and defence is impressive. I was watching him closely and when he switched from the right to the left to open things up for Bula I was done. When you look at that play on its own it's nothing, but he definitely created that opportunity for Bula through something that you just can't put your finger on. Bula fantastic to finish it.

Apparently Madge on the phone to Stef at halftime, to reassure him he is still in Origin contention even though he missed the 40 man pre season camp

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
This club lacks the "winning at all cost" mentality, and has for for over a decade. No sense of desire or enthusiasm. My football coach use to drill into us every week, "I can't coach enthusiasm". It has to come from within each individual.

People can say, it's only preseason, but nothing has changed in the season for over a decade.

Well, they'll start the season in 9th without playing a game. From there on, it's not looking any higher.

They are bigger and stronger than us all over the park. Our D is not aggressive enough with little line speed so allows them to wind up. Our A is really pedestrian as well which isn’t helping.

Im dissapointed in these two honestly. No mongrel. Just going through the motions.
It's Papalii that I am really disappointed in.
Sure Stef and Klem should be standing up more. But seeing a winger run through both Papalii and Seyfarth was disgusting. 2 maybe 3 on one tackle near the try line and our front rowers lost.

Back