Western Sydney Wanderers

Actually something you dont know about me guys - i coached the goal keeper Ante Covic from the Wanderers and was responsible for his move into goalkeeper from centre forward. I wont go into it.
We were state champions in 1992\. Young kids but 2 already from our team passed away.
The rest is history.
Thats my connection to the Wanderers.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
Actually something you dont know about me guys - i coached the goal keeper Ante Covic from the Wanderers and was responsible for his move into goalkeeper from centre forward. I wont go into it.
We were state champions in 1992\. Young kids but 2 already from our team passed away.
The rest is history.
Thats my connection to the Wanderers.

I find it interesting that you say the wanderers are setting the world on fire, they're a good team no doubt , though on the world stage they would barely raise an eyebrow , yet you don't get what black caviar is all about ??? She is actually worth more than than the wanderers and she beat a fantastic field in Britain after travelling all that way with days to prepare for the race , I'm struggling to see what your basing these two threads that you started on ?

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

I had a family get together. We are all mad Wests Tigers supporters. What was really really scary every one was going crazy worst than a Tigers game. Did not even change. the channel to see the footy scores.it's infectious watch out league the world game is coming. Over 80 000 tickets sold in something like 2 minutes for the Liverpool game in Melbourne.

Mr Gallop is either a genius or has an arse made of gold

@Eye Of Da Tiger said:
I had a family get together. We are all mad Wests Tigers supporters. What was really really scary every one was going crazy worst than a Tigers game. Did not even change. the channel to see the footy scores.it's infectious watch out league the world game is coming. Over 80 000 tickets sold in something like 2 minutes for the Liverpool game in Melbourne.

Mr Gallop is either a genius or has an arse made of gold

Aussie soccer players follow epl alot more than a league because its relatively new. Teams in the epl have mass followings world wide, it would be like if Miami heat were to come to Australia and play the bulls in an exhibition match, it would sell out quick smart.

As for wsw, it's a fairy tale run, so it always going to be more interesting than a average dogs v roosters. it like the tigers in 05, ppl would have tuned in to our games in the semi final run even if they followed another sport on another channel.

they are winning in their first year. It's a good start, but they have to lose for us to gauge where they are really at with crowd support etc. it's like del piero his first game attracted an almost sell out to Sydney FC, back end of season was completely different story.

Agree with all you have said.I'm not sure where you live but I'm heart land south west Sydney and I as work in the same area. Every one and I mean everyone are on the ban wagon. I drop kids off to school and children and parents are talking Wanderers ,work colleagues and I'm talking die hard Parra ,Tigers and Dragon supporters all talking A League. People in the shopping centre,the sports shop can't get enough.Don't underestimate it it's BIG out here!real BIG. Families upon families I know spewing they missed out on tickets and talking about memberships for next year.This is all happening in rugby league heartland.My estimate is 30 000 plus members next year.

LEAGUE they are coming. AFL has failed but soccer is a real threat

What happens when their bubble bursts and all the bandwagonners drop off?

Liek eye of da tiger, I live s/w sydney and have seen it grow this season…can gurantee more than 50% wont end up die-hards

But good luck to them, its a great story though trying to drive thru parra last night was a nightmare

@Eye Of Da Tiger said:
Agree with all you have said.I'm not sure where you live but I'm heart land south west Sydney and I as work in the same area. Every one and I mean everyone are on the ban wagon. I drop kids off to school and children and parents are talking Wanderers ,work colleagues and I'm talking die hard Parra ,Tigers and Dragon supporters all talking A League. People in the shopping centre,the sports shop can't get enough.Don't underestimate it it's BIG out here!real BIG. Families upon families I know spewing they missed out on tickets and talking about memberships for next year.This is all happening in rugby league heartland.My estimate is 30 000 plus members next year.

LEAGUE they are coming. AFL has failed but soccer is a real threat

As I said mate
Lets see the interest when they start losing games.

im sure they"ll take out the title next week. At the moment they are unstoppable.
The best crowds in Sydney ever seen before.
I dare say if not better atmosphere than the EPL.
My man is at the back.

It's awesome going to Parramatta Stadium. I haven't been to a Tigers game this year but I have a real feeling the atmosphere will be a let down.

at least we can say we have something to look forward to next summer.
Never said that before sports wise.
I hope they change the football culture in Australia.
We've never seen this before.

Just can't bring myself to give a rats about the A League.

The atmosphere may be a spectacle but the games are just dross fests or blow outs.

NFL keeps my summer occupied

agree Smeg - love my Denver Broncos - havent watched an A-League game - but you cant say they havent captured the imagination of the public at large

@smeghead said:
Just can't bring myself to give a rats about the A League.

The atmosphere may be a spectacle but the games are just dross fests or blow outs.

NFL keeps my summer occupied

Football is only in its infancy as a bona fide professional sport in Australia. The quality of the players and game itself will only improve even more. Football is a sleeping giant in this country.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
agree Smeg - love my Denver Broncos - havent watched an A-League game - but you cant say they havent captured the imagination of the public at large

No doubt.

The mix of people from Balkan, Middle Eastern & European people within Western Sydney and the process by which they went through fan consultation has made it a juggernaught.

Easy to do when successful as well

@smeghead said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:

No doubt.

The mix of people from Balkan, Middle Eastern & European people within Western Sydney and the process by which they went through fan consultation has made it a juggernaught.

Easy to do when successful as well

I stand amongst the RBB at almost every home game and there is more then just those groups mentioned. Anglo-Saxans & South Americans number just as many and there are a few Africans and Asians as well and they all stand shoulder to shoulder. It really has united Western Sydney.

I still believe as much as we should respect the A-League and the Wanderers. I think any impact on league will be fairly minimal and require more of a re-evaluation of where and what the nrl is doing in Sydney. The one who should be worried is the AFL. The Wanderers are their worst nightmare. The AFL may well have cash but that'll be no good if the clientele is more interested in A-League. At a time where GWS are trying to establish themselves in Sydney, the Wanderers have taken away a lot of ground and momentum for them. Financials aside, I don't know that GWS can survive out there.

@Tigerpete said:
I still believe as much as we should respect the A-League and the Wanderers. I think any impact on league will be fairly minimal and require more of a re-evaluation of where and what the nrl is doing in Sydney. The one who should be worried is the AFL. The Wanderers are their worst nightmare. The AFL may well have cash but that'll be no good if the clientele is more interested in A-League. At a time where GWS are trying to establish themselves in Sydney, the Wanderers have taken away a lot of ground and momentum for them. Financials aside, I don't know that GWS can survive out there.

I don't mean this to be rude but you got to get out their Tigerpete Wanderers are massive in the south west Traditionally heartland for League there impact should not be underestimated.As I have said in a previous post everybody out here is talking about them young and old. Look at the attendance of Paramatta stadium when Wanderers are there then look at Parras average attendance. The atmosphere at a game is incredible get onto YouTube .

Members online

Back