Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

TIME FOR CAMPBELLTOWN TIGERS TO STEP UP

Okay, fair enough, Leichhardt Oval is decaying and may fail short of NRL ground standards within the next year so how about Wests Tigers’ Macarthur fan base start coming out in numbers?

At least the Leichhardt faithful actually make an effort to attend games.

The Campbelltown fans seem to complain a lot about a lack of footy but never turn up when games are scheduled for Sydney’s south west.

The average crowd at Campbelltown Stadium over the past two years has been a modest 9464. The Leichhardt average during the same period was 13,500.

Leichhardt pulled 16,000 fans last week. It was magic. Campbelltown’s biggest crowd since 2022 was 11,201.

We keep getting told Macarthur is a burgeoning area for rugby league.

How about the Macarthur supporters actually prove to the NRL that they deserve more games.

If they don’t, then there’s no way Campbelltown should get more games if Leichhardt is closed for NRL matches.

Wests Tigers play at Campbelltown in round six against St George Illawarra before returning again in round eight against Brisbane.

Let’s see how many fans turn up.
4 of us coming from Canowindra. Can't wait! It's my favourite place to watch the Tigers play!

Well in my circumstances I will go to Leichardt as its 10 mins away as is Homebush with the tunnels but if it's on CSS I won't go - a long drive, time I can be doing other things and it'll be better viewing at Home or joining my mates at the Pub for a beer which again is 5 mins walk
Your world must be very small... But that's your choice and fair enough

A few 'save Leichhardt oval' FB groups have popped up recently and there are dozens of people just like you saying they go to LO but not CSS

Pretty much answers the question of why does LO draw more people to games... They're conditional.

Okay, fair enough, Leichhardt Oval is decaying and may fail short of NRL ground standards within the next year so how about Wests Tigers’ Macarthur fan base start coming out in numbers?

The Campbelltown fans seem to complain a lot about a lack of footy but never turn up when games are scheduled for Sydney’s south west.

The average crowd at Campbelltown Stadium over the past two years has been a modest 9464. The Leichhardt average during the same period was 13,500.

Leichhardt pulled 16,000 fans last week. It was magic. Campbelltown’s biggest crowd since 2022 was 11,201.

How about the Macarthur supporters actually prove to the NRL that they deserve more games.

If they don’t, then there’s no way Campbelltown should get more games if Leichhardt is closed for NRL matches.

Wests Tigers play at Campbelltown in round six against St George Illawarra before returning again in round eight against Brisbane.

See... You have Macarthur supporters
What the hell are they?
Are they like those I just mentioned on FB that wanna save Leichhardt but don't travel to Cambo... I'd hazard a guess and say a lot of them are
Probably get quite a few to every game there as well seeing as they'll be the last games there

You're a conditional, divisive fan @camel

Reactions: BZN
Your world must be very small... But that's your choice and fair enough

A few 'save Leichhardt oval' FB groups have popped up recently and there are dozens of people just like you saying they go to LO but not CSS

Pretty much answers the question of why does LO draw more people to games... They're conditional.

The plan for Cambo crowds needs to be about the local community attending the games… not people living 50kms sway .

If we’re winning, crowds won’t be an issue.

Why limit our vision?
I know of a few from the northern beaches (52km Brookvale ) that travel to Cambo

not so much “limiting “ anything … but making sure they are concentrating on getting the local community to attend the games …We are repeatedly told by Richo that this is the “fastest growing area in Australia”… so the primary plan should be getting them to show up … if people want to travel 50kms or more to go to the game then great… but the locals attending will ultimately decide the success or otherwise of playing games there ..

No.
The transport to LO is pretty bad... Yiu have to go to Central to get the. Light rail unless you pick it up midway along g the line which is not helpful for non locals
The best pub trans is the bus from central to Mary St (440???)
I dunno what you mean by mass transit but Kogarah Parra and Penrith would all be closer to mainline rail than LO to a light rail that would take forever to the city
Buses along Vic Rd and you have a 20/30 min walk
Weekend timetables see buses usually every 30 mins
It's bad all round
Having to go to Central is a silly argument - most folks need to go to Central to connect to alternative services because there are insufficient North-South connectors in Sydney's public transport strategy.

For example I used to live in Kingsgrove just near the train station. Easy 20 minutes to drive, park and then walk to Leichhardt. To go via light rail I needed to go first to Central as you say. But also to get to Parra Stadium I needed to go first to Central. Penrith the same. To get to Homebush I needed to go to Central, unless I wanted to sit on the "special" bus for 60 minutes. For Brookvale Oval you may as well fly to New Zealand.

So being close to a train station is all relative depending where you are on the network. In that case the light rail is just as useful / available as any other service, depending on where you live.

Hey ? im quoting his words which he uses every time he is interviewed… considering his position they carry a lot of weight
What I’m saying is that it is. You don’t need Richo to tell you that.

Members online

Back