Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

It’s pretty much what happened in Melbourne.
All Melbourne games played at MCG or Marvel, except Geelong ( which could be equated to Penrith).
We would have 3, Accor, Allianz and Commbank, all owned by Venues NSW. They could be utilised according to the draw.
Seems to work ok, at least down here. All clubs have just moved on from the old grounds.
I can see why it wouldn't work for Manly and Cronulla, but the rest should be working towards this.
We're going to 20 teams soon, the clubs at the shitty grounds will lose corporate support and become perennial cellar. dwellars

It would be ironic if our last ever game there was against a Brooks.led Manly team and a field goal was all that separated the teams...

Could be worse I guess - could be Souths

Hard to. Imagine no LO or Cambo... We've sort of had a taste of it but there was always a few games at the suburban hrounds
Souths have made it work... Not sure if the Dogs have played semis since they moved to Homebush full time... But we've see it isn't impossible to be succesful playing out of Homebush full time... Doesnt really bother me either way though as an old. Magpie from Lidcombe era I probably would miss Leichhardt more than Cambo which I have no connection to whatsoever

One thing I don't. Understand is people that put the ground before the team... I personally think a lot of this is BS talk... If one was that passionate one woda ditched the whole show when the merger first went ahead... And many did I know for a fact.

We finally look to have something of a future with the team on the paddock... Suck it up and get out to Homebush (if that's where we end up in all lielihood) and support the team
At least we still have a team to support
"people that put the ground before the team".

I feel this is something that may not have been talked about prev.
I'm pretty sure most NRL players would be happy to play at any ground.
But the thing that would make a big difference for the players are the dressing and shower amenities.
I feel the players these days expect more than having to stand under a hose to wash themselves as Richo mentioned.

I feel the spectators deserve better also, more modern and clean facilities, particularly for the ladies, and alcohol-free zones. I in fact reckon all NRL matches should be entirely alcohol free.
I live on the Mid-far north coast and will probably never go to another NRL match, so the spectator conditions and amenities obviously wont affect me personally.
It's now time for the NRL to put their foot down and say 'the amenities are not good enough' at ground x y or z.
Ohs is very real and so is the safety and health of everyone that pay lots of $$$ to go to Leichhardt to watch WT or any other sport.

It’s pretty much what happened in Melbourne.
All Melbourne games played at MCG or Marvel, except Geelong ( which could be equated to Penrith).
We would have 3, Accor, Allianz and Commbank, all owned by Venues NSW. They could be utilised according to the draw.
Seems to work ok, at least down here. All clubs have just moved on from the old grounds.
Victorians go to the opening of an envelope sydneysiders do not.

100% booze free nrl.games...wouldnt bother.me.either way but it's something that does turn a lot of people.off...and.its what Richo touched on about not being able to utilise security properly.
People copping abuse from drunk young fellas should never be acceptable and apparently there were a few incidents last sat on the hill

Very hard however to sell corporate experience with only coke. Juice or water

Why do the people who don't go to Leichardt tell the people that do go - who know exactly what they are getting - that they deserve better.
As for booze and bad behaviour go to any crowded sporting event that sells alcohol and you will get at least one idiot. It happens at stadiums as well. Noticed Richo didn't mention the punch up at the Roosters game before the kick off between fans sitting near each other.
I was on the hill on Saturday night with women and children and while not stupid enough to suggest I knew everything that was going on it was a great night for those watching their footy side play well. Why people can't except that some of us may want to retain that experience if at all possible, is hard to understand.

don't know if CSS gets the funding, LO fits the bill for that boutique stadium if the nrl can get there hands on it
Realistically LO is much too close to the Sydney Stadium to have any $$$ spent on it.
Gees, I hope all this bs discussion again and again and again about where we should play is settled by Richo really soon.

Couldn't agree more....we've gotta plan for what success looks like,and it's 25k + + every local derby,maybe more,at comfortably seated grounds, esily accessible, that make us most $$.....
Happy to throw the odd interstate game to Cambo to establish our new roots there,Just like odd game in country
Homebuilt experience unacceptable imo
Btw,I paid $85at Homebush last yr for very good seats on half way line for perspective,and $10 for a lite beer..and took almost 2 hrs to get home
And who said you toffee nose north of the harbor mob won't cross the Harbour Bridge ;)
Good on Yuh ck 👏👏 (y).

it gets used 83 times a year LO for events in the state it is currently in.
they get LO on a 100 year lease from the council and spend 34 million to upgrade.
if they have to purchase the ground first then the upgrade then no, but with vlandys never say never he can be a stubborn bugger
Let me get this straight, Leichhardt Oval in it's current decrepit state is used 83 times a year and no one can spend any money on it.

Penrith Park/BlueBet Stadium currently is used 12 times a year and they want to spend 300 million plus on it, makes sense.

Why do the people who don't go to Leichardt tell the people that do go - who know exactly what they are getting - that they deserve better.
As for booze and bad behaviour go to any crowded sporting event that sells alcohol and you will get at least one idiot. It happens at stadiums as well. Noticed Richo didn't mention the punch up at the Roosters game before the kick off between fans sitting near each other.
I was on the hill on Saturday night with women and children and while not stupid enough to suggest I knew everything that was going on it was a great night for those watching their footy side play well. Why people can't except that some of us may want to retain that experience if at all possible, is hard to understand.
But are the people who want to retain that experience in the majority or minority?

Agree mate. We at least have to open discussion on the topic.

Both Balmain and Wests fans just let their clubs die when the league told us we needed to merge. Souths fans marched the streets, raised money and fought tooth and nail to keep their club.

I just hope our fans don't roll over on this one.
Is that how they lost their teef. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Don't suggest I don't know what the Hills like.... I sat there plenty of times before it began to not agree with my back..
I was merely replying to bzn's suggestion of alcohol free games, it wouldn't work... Maybe they need more booze free zones. I dunno but that's beside the point I think we are getting away from the main picture

I've been thinking a lot about this idea of the NRL buying the ground and leasing it to WTs... Trying to think whatd be the pros. N. Cons.
Not sure who owns it currently but I'm sure the price tag would likely put it out of anyone's reach

Realistically LO is much too close to the Sydney Stadium to have any $$$ spent on it.
Gees, I hope all this bs discussion again and again and again about where we should play is settled by Richo really soon.
Let me get this straight, Leichhardt Oval in it's current decrepit state is used 83 times a year and no one can spend any money on it.

Penrith Park/BlueBet Stadium currently is used 12 times a year and they want to spend 300 million plus on it, makes sense.
Penrith Park doesn't have a new $800mill Stadium 10klms up the road. It makes total sense, and I'm sure Penrith Park gets used more than 12 times a year.

I'm not saying you deserve better, I'm saying the club needs better.

Reactions: BZN
Yes there is. Team name Brisbane aka Broncos. St George aka Dragons. Penrith aka Panthers. Wests aka Tigers. Etc etc. Get it?
No … not at all . The registered brand name is Wests tigers … the sooner you get that in your head the better off you will be .
Is Brisbane Roar the same as Brisbane lions . Is Melbourne demons the same as Melbourne storm ?
It’s just a word …

There actually is Wests. It’s apart of our name.
No …. The registered name is wests tigers … not wests … by that logic Brisbane roar is the same as Brisbane broncos . Or Adelaide crows is the same as Adelaide united .

No …. The registered name is wests tigers … not wests … by that logic Brisbane roar is the same as Brisbane broncos . Or Adelaide crows is the same as Adelaide united .
That is utter trite. We’re as much Wests as we are the Tigers. To claim otherwise is both ignorant and disrespectful.

Penrith Park doesn't have a new $800mill Stadium 10klms up the road. It makes total sense, and I'm sure Penrith Park gets used more than 12 times a year.
I have heard the quote before about Penrith Park/BlueBet only being used 12 times a year and thought that cannot be right.

Tried to do a bit of research on it and at appears that it is used for very little more than Panthers home games, quite happy to be proved wrong, but in any case I don't think the Penrith community currently gets anywhere near the use out of it that Leichhardt oval gets.

Maybe after the knockdown rebuild it may get more use and so it should with that sort of money being spent on it, and of course you can bet with budget blow outs it will be well in excess of the currently quoted 300 million.

Members online

Back