Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

We have played 46 regular season home games at Homebush and our average crowd was almost 23k. In our 10 at commbank it was only 10k.
I have absolutely no doubt that our crowd averages will be significantly lower at CommBank than Accor if Richo chooses to take games to CommBank.

As many have pointed out as a member, you sit on the eastern side looking directly at the sun.

It does not feel like a home ground being in the heart of Parramatta.

Give me Accor any day as we have played plenty of home games there in the past with a reasonable amount of history at the venue and a proven record of solid attendance.

CommBank will be a disaster unless you can stump up the cash to be wined and dined on the western side.

Wests Tigers to announce three-year stadium plan​

AuthorWests TigersTimestampMon 29 Apr 2024, 12:35 PM

Contrary to some inaccurate reporting in the media, Wests Tigers are still working through the club’s stadium strategy for 2025 and beyond, setting a June 30 deadline for this to be announced.
The club is currently weighing up several options for a three-year stadium plan that we believe to be in the best interests of Wests Tigers.

Like all club announcements, when this stadium plan has been finalised, Wests Tigers Members and stakeholders will be the first to be advised.

So it's supposed to be announced yesterday... I wonder what's the hold up?
Maybe hear something today

So it's supposed to be announced yesterday... I wonder what's the hold up?
Maybe hear something today
Seriously hope we won't be sharing with Parra and the Panthers... must be Acorr.
It would be great if we could fix our own grounds up but it seems a pipe dream now.
The club needs money and it comes from corporate support as much as the fans.
The corporate facilities at Leichhardt have been crap since the 80's when it became a big deal.
The problem with Cambo is, even if the corporate facilities were improved, it's too far for the plenty of corporates to go and get yourself home with a full belly.

The Perfect solution .
Instead of our "center of excellence " ? Having a training paddock attached it had a massive stadium similar to Comm bank on that spot and to top it off there is a Wests Tigers Leagues club next door .
Just a pipe dream that's never going to happen so we plough on trying to make sense of our geographic footprint that is partly The Victoria Rd strip from Rozelle to West Ryde and partly a mish mash of areas around Lidcombe and Campbelltown.
As such we must compromise and the Olympic stadium makes sense as it seems independent of any particular club but will lack the massive home ground tiger roar as its too big for a 15000 crowd to create much home ground advantage .
Commbank would be better in that regard
What I would like is the govt to cough up $10 mill which is an absolute pittance compared to one and a half BILLION they have spent on keeping the Roosters ,Parramatta and Penrith happy
That $10 mill would dramatically improve toilets and food and beverage service at Leichardt and we could play 6 games a year there

Discussion today about how appropriate Olympic Stadium is for regular season games.
Further points;
1. South’s should play at Allianz
2. South’s / Bulldogs fans don’t support the stadium.
3. Smaller suburban stadiums the lifeblood of Rugby League.
Not sure where that leaves our future plans and likely new home ?

Alliance for me, brand new great viewing compared to Accor. We need to do what we did in the past and what the dogs do, play out of Sydney clubs at our smaller venues LO snd CS. Not really aligned like paras stadium more neutral in my opinion. Accor is the worst stadium ti watch footy at even if packed. I know I would be watching nearly every game on the television if at Accor. The reality is I go to games for atmosphere and Accor is soulless, plus alliance has better after activities food and drink wise.

What i dont get is we played at Leichhardt round 2 now not until round 15 or something. Next 2 home games ate Tamworth and Magic round so the next 5 weeks we play away. Campbelltown we can not win at, we need a real home ground advantage wherever that be!

There is no home ground advantage at Accor when 8000 people turn up on a Thursday night and cant see what attraction that is for the corporates either.
There will never be a home ground advantage at that stadium and it's only advantage when considering where best to play Wests Tigers home games out of the choices Richo is pursuing is it's location and the fact it's the same cavernous hole for any team that plays there.

Yeah, agree Homebush is a horrible match experience. And you look at the crowd figures of similar strugglers Souths and Bulldogs and it's obvious how much the fans hate it. Whereas, despite our wooden spoon woes, we're drawing 15k plus each game.

I just wonder if richo has this one wrong. Is corporate dollar better than drawing 10k extra fans at higher prices? And also creating a unique league experience rather than a strangely distant and dull experience that has less atmosphere than the most inconsequential park footy match anywhere.

There is no home ground advantage at Accor when 8000 people turn up on a Thursday night and cant see what attraction that is for the corporates either.
There will never be a home ground advantage at that stadium and it's only advantage when considering where best to play Wests Tigers home games out of the choices Richo is pursuing is it's location and the fact it's the same cavernous hole for any team that plays there.
Thursday night is for TV watching only.
Bad night to go to footy, like Monday.
But as long as ratings ok, crowd is irrelevant.
You can trace that all the way back to Amco Cup days, most games at Leichhardt very sparse crowd but ratings good.
Except when the the Tigers were doing well, then Leichhardt bursting.

Discussion today about how appropriate Olympic Stadium is for regular season games.
Further points;
1. South’s should play at Allianz
2. South’s / Bulldogs fans don’t support the stadium.
3. Smaller suburban stadiums the lifeblood of Rugby League.
Not sure where that leaves our future plans and likely new home ?
try and upgrade LO and CSS

Back