What is wrong with some of you?!

hammertime

Seriously, I'm bamboozled by some of the relentless negativity by some people. Do any of you even think that maybe you are the cause of some of the bad performances?

Teddy, basically on his rookie year and coming off a knee recon getting blasted?! The kid has potential, give him some god damn time! He isn't even playing that bad.

Lawrence, sure, he is struggling, but the bloke is a great guy, has been awesome for us in bad years and deserves our respect. Let him at least have a bad year and see out the contract that we were all ecstatic that he signed at the time.

Benji…don't even get me started. The bloke rebuilt the image of this club after our hoppoate years. Give him some respect and let him go out on a high. Sure he has his faults, and him leaving reeks of ego, but obviously is trying his heart out and loves this club.

Anasta.... Well actually, yep, he needs to pick up his game!

Just chill guys. We have happy days ahead. Lets look at the positives... And just maybe positive supporters might have a positive effect on the team - crazy I know...

Yes, thank you! People need to start being more positive, being that negative will just make being a tigers fan that much harder. I admit I bagged Teddy a bit tonight but I retract my criticisms in the name of not only being positive but also looking at things with context and perspective, realizing that expecting the world from him is too much.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Pleas advise the positives with Benji, Anasta, Ayshford, BMM and Tedesco in first grade for the rest of 2013\. How is that going to help Wests tigers in 2014?.

@hammertime said:
Seriously, I'm bamboozled by some of the relentless negativity by some people. Do any of you even think that maybe you are the cause of some of the bad performances?

Teddy, basically on his rookie year and coming off a knee recon getting blasted?! The kid has potential, give him some god damn time! He isn't even playing that bad.

Lawrence, sure, he is struggling, but the bloke is a great guy, has been awesome for us in bad years and deserves our respect. Let him at least have a bad year and see out the contract that we were all ecstatic that he signed at the time.

Benji…don't even get me started. The bloke rebuilt the image of this club after our hoppoate years. Give him some respect and let him go out on a high. Sure he has his faults, and him leaving reeks of ego, but obviously is trying his heart out and loves this club.

Just chill guys. We have happy days ahead. Lets look at the positives... And just maybe positive supporters might have a positive effect on the team - crazy I know...

mate, your high. pass the joint on.

anyone who can defend marshall's performance tonight is living in the past. it was horrible. we could have been in contention if we had decent halves tonight. no one disagrees he helped rebuild the image of the club, but we aren't talking about the past 10 years, we are talking about tonights (and recent) performances as a player. not a grand final performance in 2005.

Forwards really put in, Blair was good, Sue as well. Galloway was back and doing good things after a long lay off. Ava is making real progress. Sirro showed a lot of spark and a view of whats to come.

Simona is a bloody legend and Nofo put on a try that will be replayed for the next 12 months.

@hammertime said:

I go to do my shopping at Wollies. When I get home the Cokes flat, eggs cracked, bread is stale, ice creams melted and find I'm reading yesterday's paper. Who's fault is it really? Wollies, workers or mine? I tell you what, I spend my money there and they should get it right. Are they going to hear it? F oath.

@Newtown said:
Pleas advise the positives with Benji, Anasta, Ayshford, BMM and Tedesco in first grade for the rest of 2013\. How is that going to help Wests tigers in 2014?.

Culture, development and uh maybe helping promote new signatures because players won't think we are going to ditch them as soon as they have a bad run.

..and really, with injuries, you need to come up with alternatives for pretty much all of those. Remembering we have cap issues.

A solid informed suggestion of replacements, constructive critisim and cap management, rather than just pie in the sky criticism, might be a good start.

@mtd said:
@hammertime said:

mate, your high. pass the joint on.

anyone who can defend marshall's performance tonight is living in the past. it was horrible. we could have been in contention if we had decent halves tonight. no one disagrees he helped rebuild the image of the club, but we aren't talking about the past 10 years, we are talking about tonights (and recent) performances as a player. not a grand final performance in 2005.

You might want to read it again mtd.

Benji is playing like a busted, but criticism isn't going to improve squat. He has more than earned playing out his final year with the support of all tigers fans.

@tigermaniac said:
@hammertime said:

I go to do my shopping at Wollies. When I get home the Cokes flat, eggs cracked, bread is stale, ice creams melted and find I'm reading yesterday's paper. Who's fault is it really? Wollies, workers or mine? I tell you what, I spend my money there and they should get it right. Are they going to hear it? F oath.

Tigermanic, we are no where near the major financial contributors and its not the same as a commercial organisation. Complaining makes the effort worse, not better.

I wish more supporters had a big picture mentality of what they are trying to achieve. Negativity will achieve worse outcomes! It's honestly pretty selfish.

praising him on a fan forum also wont improve anything. i'll clap him off when he plays his last game for us and i'd say gday to him in the street, but its **really** hard to support him in these last few games (no matter how much he has done in the past) when he is playing so so badly. him and anasta were horrible.

@mtd said:
praising him on a fan forum also wont improve anything. i'll clap him off when he plays his last game for us and i'd say gday to him in the street, but its **really** hard to support him in these last few games (no matter how much he has done in the past) when he is playing so so badly. him and anasta were horrible.

It's not hard if you're positive about things. This seasons over. Start looking at the good things that are happening and have happened to the club. The amazing things Benji and CL have given us, the hopeful prospects like Brooks and Simona etc. Even if it doesn't improve anything on the field, it'll improve the way you watch the game each week.

@mtd said:

I beg to differ.

Firstly, you don't know if he reads this and secondly, how does this translate into our broader culture. Sure, the players may not read thIs, but how about fellow supporters!

I can tell you that it being negative is only going to do damage to the club you love,no matter what forum, the only variable is by how much.

I do agree with anasta tho…terrible! He continues to hurt the tigers,even when on our side!

@hammertime said:
@tigermaniac said:
@hammertime said:

Tigermanic, we are no where near the major financial contributors and its not the same as a commercial organisation. Complaining makes the effort worse, not better.

I wish more supporters had a big picture mentality of what they are trying to achieve. Negativity will achieve worse outcomes! It's honestly pretty selfish.

Ok this is what im saying. I go to games, buy merchandise, I travel to games, spend money at games, bet on games, buy footy mags and I have foxtel. Thats wife, kids and me = X 4\. Add it up, they get more when there winning, when they're losing they hear it more. I know where your coming from, but I don't like sugar coating. I think most of us are good judges, i know we can't prove it to each other, but my own judgements have mostly been right in the past, so I call it as I see it now.

I agree look at the positives like nofoaluma ,simona all the young forwards its only a young team brooks coming through in the next 12 to 18 months this team will challenge for a title mark my words they just need time they will only get better like tonights game against many they bomb at least 3 tries through poor execution but that takes time with a full pre season next year i expect this team to be a lot better for the experience so i applaud mick potter for giving the young guys a go it will pay off this team will surprise a lot of people so just stick with them go the mighty tigers.

Hammertime…we can cop losses when the players are having a fair dinkum go....but the tripe that was served up tonight was unacceptable. If they aren't being told that by the coaching staff then they are going to rightfully hear it from the fans.

They are professionals who get paid to perform to a certain standard. Criticism goes with the territory. Anasta and Ashyford should have played their last games and Marshall should be warned that unless he improves 100% he will be joining them.

So because players are "good guys" and did great things "in the past" they just get a pass on rubbish form and even worse efforts?

It isn't like this is A Grade park ffoty. These guys are very well paid and being caned by effort and performance by kids on sweet FA in comparrisson.

Extend on your philosophy for a few moments. If we had kept Heighno & Beau Ryan we would be stuck with two really good people and great mates for some players but Simona would be gone and Sue never gets his chance.

It is a business. End of story

I hate coming on here after a loss because there's always three or four "X should never play first grade again", even though the week before when we won there were several threads saying "omg put X as captain".

Fair dinkum, some people on here have the biggest knee jerk reactions

I thought Anasta @ Half would of been good, but he had a shocker, Ayshford had a shocker. Ayshford didnt look interested last night, while Benji didnt have a great game i thought he at least had a go. We just didnt do the little things right last night & before we were on the board we were gone. One good thing from last night was that Sirro has to play 2nd Row next year.

Latest posts

Back