Whats the one constant

Stevec

Thru years and years and years of failure with many changes in both playing and coaching staff there is one thing that doesn't change that is the executive .The CEO ,Chairman and co are like they are engraved in granite .
We imo have finally started putting a reasonable team on the field for about 6 weeks with 3 wins and 3 very close losses .More important than this is that the team seemed happy and harmonious as we'd been thru a number of weeks of picking same team and position vs first 7 rounds of constant changes and shuffling the deck chairs So what happens
- CEO appoints a new recruitment manager ( good or bad ) but its a surprise to head coach ?
- CEO along with new recruitment manager start telling a handful of them they are not wanted
Whether coaches idea not sure but likely to derail some of that harmony
- We release Joffa to help Parra and now we seem to be light on depth?

It just seems that management seem to undermine progress
The Fans goal is to win as many games as possible .The executive goal is imo different its about budgets and books and pathways and politics
The other JV is also a mess with Illawarra executives wanting this and Kogarah ones wanting that . Past players have recently said their coaching fiasco to do with this !
Our Executive our so proud of our Center of excellence at Concord ? The crowning achievement? If it was a full on Stadium instead of a gym and training paddock I might get excited but its nothing compared to Comm Bank stadium right next door to Parras leagues club or Panthers set up and how much money did the govt spend on Allianz which the Roosters think is their own
The 2 bottom teams this year will be the 2 JV,s
.The top of our tree is coated with Teflon nothing will stick or change so why will this year or next year be any different !

God we start winning and all this crap goes away. We lose a game and it all starts again. The team is moving forward. We had a terrible game last night with injury to our key player. That’s football.
The front office is NOT moving forward at all!!

It is the same stale incompetent twats who have reduced the club to the laughing stock it has become to the media and general public!

Something has to give before the club will ever really progress!

Ok so what do you propose the front office does?

I will start what with what they shouldn’t have done … decisions I questioned here at the time..

- They shouldn’t have moved on Hastings … now they are exposed through injuries and dont have first grade level halves
- they shouldn’t have moved on Big Joe… he was experienced, popular at the club, and most importantly better than players they have replaced him with
- don’t be shopping players around mid season when the team is putting in and seem to be a close knit bunch… does nothing for team morale… and we still have half the season to go… we saw what happened the second half of last season and they are heading back there again it seems .

It's painful times (as it has been for over a decade), but on the whole it appears we are making some sort of progress. Moreso than previous years IMO.

The football has showed signs of improvement, our roster is just missing a few key players. The roster management/salary cap is in good shape to go to market, we just need to land some players now.

I'm still giving them a chance, and support them, but the move to bring back Sheens, Benji and Farah didn't sit well with me. We need people with a winning culture.

I will start what with what they shouldn’t have done … decisions I questioned here at the time..

- They shouldn’t have moved on Hastings … now they are exposed through injuries and dont have first grade level halves
- they shouldn’t have moved on Big Joe… he was experienced, popular at the club, and most importantly better than players they have replaced him with
- don’t be shopping players around mid season when the team is putting in and seem to be a close knit bunch… does nothing for team morale… and we still have half the season to go… we saw what happened the second half of last season and they are heading back there again it seems .
Great. Build a time machine and let me know when done. What would you immediately do?

Great. Build a time machine and let me know when done. What would you immediately do?

Ive gIven you plenty already…

Why dont you tell me what you want to do rather than put your faith in these fools that have delivered you a 3-10 record?

I notice you didn’t try to defend anything I pointed out ..

Last edited:
Yes we are a laughing stock..... It was really pissing me off the laughter of the commentary team from fox last night, whole game was a joke” - noticed this lately

Does that mean it’s undeserved?

If it’s that painfully obvious to the commentators and media that we’re absolutely putrid with our on-field performance, then how on earth could the coaching staff be so utterly clueless as to the hole we find ourselves in?

Then attempt to defend it and pass the buck on to others?

Game’s definitely gone past us, IMO, but is it honestly possible to put yourself this far behind?

Totally inept and lost at sea. It’s hard to see anything changing until culture does and as Ink points out, it’s permeating everywhere and everything… sucks following a meme club!

Last edited:
Yes we are a laughing stock..... It was really pissing me off the laughter of the commentary team from fox last night, whole game was a joke” - noticed this lately

Does that mean it’s undeserved?

If it’s that painfully obvious to the commentators and media that we’re absolutely putrid with our on-field performance, then how on earth could the coaching staff be so utterly clueless as to the hole we find ourselves in?

Then attempt to defend it and pass the buck on to others?

Game’s definitely gone past us, IMO, but is it honestly possible to put yourself this far behind?

Totally inept and lost at sea? It’s hard to see anything changing until culture does and as Ink points out, it’s permeating everywhere and everything… sucks following a meme club!
Congrats on not blaming the ref and actually opening your eyes.
Such amazing growth in one week!

Congrats on not blaming the ref and actually opening your eyes.
Such amazing growth in one week!
Don’t forget, ref/s plural hahaha

You’re definitely correct in saying some teams inherently don’t have the necessary guile or courage to overcome the calls going against them, we can’t afford to be one of those.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Back