Loss of tedesco (and McKinnon)
Loss of Gibbs and fifita
Lack of impact from Blair, he is an official nuffie ATM
Usual loss of forwards and lack of much touted depth I.e. Galloway, Ellis
Unusually poor form of our centers
Moltzen and his lack of confidence and position changing
Folkes leaving
Farah suspended
Playing manly, st george, broncos, canberra (played v well) in the first 6 games

All of this and we have played quite well in the last two games. We could easily be 3 from 3 and have played worse, and there would be no panic

After the bye we may be in eight if we have a few wins over mediocre sides. If that happens we are on track for the eight.

@Year of the Tiger said:
Why are we really here in rd 6?

Loss of lui - huge
Loss of Gibbs and fifita
Folkes leaving
Farah suspended
Playing manly, st george, broncos, canberra (played v well) in the first 6 games

All of this and we have played quite well in the last two games. We could easily be 3 from 3 and have played worse, and there would be no panic

After the bye we may be in eight if we have a few wins over mediocre sides. If that happens we are on track for the eight.

In the 13 seasons of our existence I have never seen a bigger IF.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@Year of the Tiger said:
Why are we really here in rd 6?

Loss of lui - huge
Loss of Gibbs and fifita
Folkes leaving
Farah suspended

Good post.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

did it occur to you other teams will also win and the top eight will be more than 8 points?

Lots of if's and but's. also feasible that things will not get much better. could get more injuries etc. just got to keep supporting the boys. they may not be in the best form but they do keep trying. sometimes, the football gods are just cruel.

I like to think of myself as a combination of optimist and realist. When you say "And its not so bad" i find it hard to agree.

1 win after 6 rounds.
Lots of injuries and getting worse
Lots of players out of form
The team has forgotten how to win
Talk of disharmony among the players

Now I also agree that they have been better the last 2 weeks and they have 3 easier games and a bye coming up. If they win all 3 our season is back on track. The problem is that they have dug such a big hole that if anything slightly bad or unlucky happens to the team on the field or off, things become very bleak.

For example, and I hate to even suggest it, but if the Tigers dont turn up to even one of the next 3 games and lose just one game, at best they are on 6 points after 9 rounds (bye not inclusive - everyone gets those) and they'll have played most of the lesser sides of the comp already.

Just wanted to see if there were any more thoughts on this thread after the panthers game. Looks like we might have tightened up the middle if sheens plays the right bench. If humble keeps playing ok the team should gel. We need our centers to step up and even reddy was promising. Farah will get a lot even if just from quasi rep footy. If we beat parra, the tigers will be on the move. Don't get me wrong we can easily lose to parra & titans but if we come back from this break and jag 2 wins leading into the bye our season is back to a degree. Thoughts?

We win the next two, and then grab the bye which is 2 additional points and all of the sudden we are pretty much back in the top 8.

Yes I think that these losses haven't been a bad thing.

Our defence is better than ever, especially up the guts. Our attack has been different, but the 'hail Mary and hope' technique has been figured out. The inactive list is a big negative, but the changes in style of our game that have been forced upon us can only bode well for the rest of this season and those following.

Latest posts

Members online

Back