Winning Starts on Monday

Halbrowne61

Ok, yesterday is over so let’s get some positive vibe going for next week.
What’s the feeling ? I hope a positive reaction from the team and pulling on our good game v quality opposition jersey.
Team, what changes do you think.
Agree that Fairbirn maybe deserves a starting spot at 13.
Any ideas for a winning unit ?
Go Wests Tigers.

Winning starts Monday; have you told the NRL, the refs, and the clubs this. I am pretty sure they’re against it.

The WT week starts on a Tuesday and finishes on a Sunday,no surprise we don't ever win.

First don't pick anyone who's carrying injuries for example Kenny was so bad in the first half he must have been busted to start with
No choice but persist Douehi 6 and Madden 7 but to me they looked disconnected on opposite sides
We really need good centers to me Toa and junior Tupou and AJ and Naden are all good wingers . We are not going to recruit a Koula or a Ramien soon so keep AJ in centers as he has a bit of bulk and move Naden to centers
Hope Garner back as edge forward
Coaching get them doing attacking drills and train hard like the storm do
Demand 100% effort for 80 minutes

A history lesson for all the young and not so young on here.
In 1966 the Roosters lost every game so in 1967 they brought in a former player to right the ship. And he was a former front rower !
In 1967 he simply focused on the fundamentals, run, pass, tackle and kick. And they started to improve. They eventually won back to back titles in 74-75 and we’re widely regarded as the best team of that era.
Following that success he moved on to the Dragons for sizeable money, by those standards. His name, Jack Gibson.
Whilst he was at the Dragons he was shown a film that helped improve him, and ultimately his players. As a matter of fact when he showed it to the entire playing group ( all grades) it had such a profound impact on the group they won 7 games in a row.
Of course he eventually went to Parra and won 3 titles in a row 81,82 and 83, with a combination of name and novice players. A really okie tyro cold ach became a legend
Now the name of the movie was Second Effort starring the great Vince Lombardi, the coach of the legendary Green Bay Packers, and the name on the trophy awarded to the winner of the Super Bowl each year.
I watched the movie ( only about 20 minutes long) last night and wondered how relevant it is in todays supercharged world.
It’s corny and old school but there are some important fundamental lessons in there. I would love Sheensy, Benji and Robbie, And The Team. to watch it before next season.
Suggest you fire up your search engine, find it and watch it
Second Effort . Look forward to any positive feedback.
Go Wests Tigers.

I would start at the top and that's with the board . I would ask all board members Q -are you a Balmain or Magpies member and if they answer either then remove them and replace with astute visionary members who only identify as Wests Tigers
We will never be a powerhouse unless we are ONE !
that is club , all grades , home ground everything !
No more dinosaurs

As it stands I don't think we have a team capable of competing (up) against many teams, let alone beating them.
Additionally I also don't think Kimmorley can allocate roles or plans (to players/the team) that will ensure the job gets done. But that's not to say it's his fault but rather pointing out the deficiencies within our current team.

We still lack solid depth and strike players but with no Hastings directing the team it will make thing hard for us - but should make it easier for the club to see he's a priority.

More concerned with 2023 .Its a must we make finals
The team /squad to get us there
Laurie, Nofoaloma, Talau ,Naden, Maumalo,Toa, Kepoa
Hastings, Douehi,Madden
Musgrove, Pole, Offengauhe ,Papalii, Korisau ,NuBrown ,Utoikimano
Peachy.,Tamou ( Thats 19)
Possibles .Matamua ,Dias, Freebairn ?
That's 22 at best we need 1 top class center recruit and 2 more forwards of same level as papalii squad 25 + 5 spots for development from lower grades
= top 30

It might start on Monday but we've forgotten by the weekend

We have 4 games left to avoid the spoon.
We are 1 win up on the Titans.
They have a soft run home - Manly, Dragons, Knights and Warriors
We have a tough run home - Sharks, Roosters, Dragons and Raiders
We currently have a better for and against by 27 points.
Should they jag a win in their last 4 games, for and against will decide the spoon.
The easy way is to win a game. We blew that yesterday.
The hard way is to compete in all 4 games and reduce the losing margins to a try and hope the Titans shit the bed.

Thats our mission over the next month.

Sharks, Roosters, Dragons and Raiders...With the exception of the Saints, all playing for a spot in the 8, so they won't fall over easily. Avoiding the spoon should be the motivating factor, but gee it will be tough!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Back