2010 predictions

i reckon…. its the kick up the backside we needed.... im willing to go out there and say.... we will beat newcastle :slight_smile:

We will lose a few more games over the next few weeks, re-group, play some nice fancy football, but ultimately leave our run too late again and finish 9th. Despite this failure, the spastics in the media will wax lyrical about our great coach despite his 1 in 15 record post 1996, and they will tell us all how great his tactics are when we go down the short side for the 15,864th time in the last match of 2010 when there is nothing to play for. The board will then give Sheens another two year extension citing his worth as the Australian coach.

Then our coach and captain will tell the fans that they can't wait for next season and how our attitude is going to change and we will be a tougher, mentally stronger side in 2011.

I've gone with option 2\. So far i've seen nothing concrete to suggest we're any better or worse than the past 4 years. On paper this is our best squad since 2000, it may actually be better yet performance wise things are no better.

I have picked option 1.I think we can turn it around but i have looked at the draw & I'm predicting us to finish on 30 points
That would mean we would finish in 7th or 8th.
I suppose 7th or 8th would be acceptable to a team that has not been in the finals for 4 seasons but we really should be aiming for top 4 spot which i doubt will happen now

@tigerdre said:
I have picked option 1.I think we can turn it around but i have looked at the draw & I'm predicting us to finish on 30 points
That would mean we would finish in 7th or 8th.
I suppose 7th or 8th would be acceptable to a team that has not been in the finals for 4 seasons but we really should be aiming for top 4 spot which i doubt will happen now

I think if we finish 7th or 8th this year it will be a massive achievement based on what we have seen in the past month. I hope you are right though. But the same team that played yesterday won't be the team to get us into that position after Round 26.

I think we'll still make the 8\. I honestly don't think we'll go much further, but we'll be placed 6-8 methinks.

remember guys, if we come 9th this year we actually come 8th. No melbourne storm anymore… :smiley:

No 3\. Marshall and Farah's confidence is fading. Galloway will be fairy floss all year. The rest of the forwards will continue to make no dent in the line. A few wins here or there, but I see 11th or 12th. Sheens to move on and time to rebuild altogether

2 because it alwyas happens and so far this year nothing has changed on and off field

agree with narrowly missing the 8\. i also predict some "key signings" in the off season, namely 2 back rowers and 3 wingers from panthers reggies side. Fitzy will sign to a 2 year extension, and upon winning our two trials, sheens will sign a 1 year extension, conceding that 2011 will be, nay, MUST be different, or he will show himself the door.

Moltzen will come back on 1 leg and lead the team to a grand final triumph.

….

We'll probably come 9th or 10th again, injuries and Sheenanigans will haunt us in the end.

My god some people on here over react now I am not saying we will win the comp but we got flogged in 1 game and have had a bad trot and a couple of unlucky losses but we are still 9th (and equal 6th) after 10 weeks and have a great side and a long season ahead and lots of teams have copped floggings over the years and gone on to have great seasons, the way some on this forum react you would think we are crounulla

Members online

No members online now.
Back