2022 Wests Tigers Indigenous Jersey..

Dashikis are West African garments not cornrows my bro. As far as 'symbols' are concerned, the only ones that I can think of that are considered offensive the world over are white nationalist ones like the swastika (which were hijacked from Hinduism) by the fake Aryans. I dont care who wants to wear what. Turbans are cross cultured...the Sikhs, shias, ottomans, rastafarians all where them.. I don't want to speak for all cultures and creeds when I say I don't care but respect is crucial, that was my original point. It doesn't matter if your black white Asian or in between. If you feel good wear what u want.
Can the Nepalese wear it?

One of our best jerseys. Apart from the sponsor logos the only blight is the lack of contrast for the tigers and NRL logos. They had to add a black outline to the Wests Tigers text to make it visible, would have been better if it blended more naturally into a dark background, but that's just the designer in me speaking.

From memory steeden jerseys run a bit small. Best to go up a size or two?

Are there any aboriginals on here? I like the jersey but would wonder if wearing it as a fluorescent white guy with zero links to aboriginal culture be a faux pas.

Like tourists wearing rice hats in Vietnam or those bright patterned shirts in Fiji, aussies with giant buddah statues in their backyard after one trip to Bali.- you can buy them and nobody would say anything, but is it a poor look and appropriating the culture.

Someone better let the indigenous artists know that they are appropriating their own culture. The whole point is to recognise the contribution that indigenous players have had in our game.

Someone better let the indigenous artists know that they are appropriating their own culture. The whole point is to recognise the contribution that indigenous players have had in our game.
Are you saying that the artist should spend all her time and resources in designing these jerseys without pay?
If anything, as it's been pointed out by several forum members, the only misappropriation is from the sponsor.
The jerseys costs needs to be recovered by the club so their sale is understandable.
As I said before, Aboriginal people love to see their art on display.
Look at how Daine Laurie is beeming wearing that strip.
I love the concept, shows their involvment in the game. Their numbers are increasing as we get behind indigenous pathways. 👍

Reactions: BZN
Are you saying that the artist should spend all her time and resources in designing these jerseys without pay?
If anything, as it's been pointed out by several forum members, the only misappropriation is from the sponsor.
The jerseys costs needs to be recovered by the club so their sale is understandable.
As I said before, Aboriginal people love to see their art on display.
Look at how Daine Laurie is beeming wearing that strip.
I love the concept, shows their involvment in the game. Their numbers are increasing as we get behind indigenous pathways. 👍
No he is saying that the culture isn't being appropriated because it's being done by indigenous people therefore nothing to worry about

I think this is a bit rough for Bryden's. They sponsor our club - i.e. give our club money. I don't see why they are being singled out.

Personally I'd prefer no sponsors on any jersey but it's a pretty weak and unfair criticism of our clubs sponsor.

I think this is a bit rough for Bryden's. They sponsor our club - i.e. give our club money. I don't see why they are being singled out.

Personally I'd prefer no sponsors on any jersey but it's a pretty weak and unfair criticism of our clubs sponsor.
Fair cop, they are a wonderful sponsor.
I'm in support of Aboriginal people making their mark in Australian society and responding to a comment.
It's hard enough as it is for them to be recognized other than doing something like this and playing sport.
If you read a couple of my earlier posts I stated that our sponsor could have made an opportunity for themselves by making it known why they didn't put their logo of this particular jersey.
It would be ground breaking IMO.

Reactions: BZN
I previously posted that I would love to have one of these jerseys totally sponsorship free, not just free of the Brydens logo.

Having said that, I am a constant critic of that hideous Brydens logo, looks okay on the sleeves but takes up way too much real estate on the front of any of our jerseys.

I would even go to the extend to say that it borders on disrespectful to have sponsorships on something like an ANZAC or Indigenous jersey. (as someone may have already mentioned on here)

Yeah, I know sponsors pay the big bucks to sponsor us but can we just leave alone the jerseys that honour our Indigenous Community and those that have served our Nation and in many cases have paid the ultimate price.

Wish we had someone like Kia as sponsors as that kind of logo can be integrated much more easily into a jersey design without totally ruining it.

Back