2024 State of Origin Teams

Im getting Mitch Moses vibes about Nicho, the big moments too big for him?
I don't really rate him. I actually thought Bitchell went OK in origin last time around. I'd have him if fit, after Cleary

With question marks around Hynes fitness, Moses, Reynalds and Cleary all unavailable curious on people's opinions for Origin halves?

I'm thinking 7: Luai 6: Burton is a possibility. Walker and possibly Katoa the only other names I'd think would be in the mix.

Hynes has the capacity to implode when he makes a couple of errors - and it's not too difficult for opposition players to rattle him. That's not SOO material - as much as everyone likes the bloke.
If he struggles in a club game when he gets pressured, then it could be like a lamb to slaughter when Qld come after him.

Reactions: BZN
With question marks around Hynes fitness, Moses, Reynalds and Cleary all unavailable curious on people's opinions for Origin halves?

I'm thinking 7: Luai 6: Burton is a possibility. Walker and possibly Katoa the only other names I'd think would be in the mix.
I would like to suggest a call from left field for 5/8 Dylan Edwards . He knows Luai 'S plays assuming section goes that way
This bloke is a goer would not let the side down and can muck goals.
Wouldn't be out of place

I would like to suggest a call from left field for 5/8 Dylan Edwards . He knows Luai 'S plays assuming section goes that way
This bloke is a goer would not let the side down and can muck goals.
Wouldn't be out of place
You don't think Burton knows how Luai plays? Didn't he win a comp and origin playing centre outside Luai? While filling in the halves at club level whenever Nathan went down.

Although highly unlikely, I would love Luai to get the number 7 for the Blues and then put on a masterclass for a victory. Would be amazing as our incoming half for 25.

SMH reported Jurbo will be announced as captain.

Can only imagine Teddy is going to miss out and Edwards in, if that's the case.

Interesting shake up 🤔

Keary and Luai for mine but only if Hynes isn’t fit.

Though Katoa could be a Smokey alongside a former teammate in Luai.

Theres no way I'm picking Hynes. Very good first grader but looks like he would be in sorts at Origin level.

It took him a while to come back from his last Origin cameo, to give him the 7 and run the team would be crazy
Yep, needs to win in September before I’d look at him.

I'm so HAPPY Tedesco didn't get to retire from rep on his own terms.

I wonder if his dad spoke to Madge about all of his sons stats.

No way Robson deserves a run over APi…….Madge surely got something against the Tigers….go QLD, with Luai having a blinder

Did he have Stef on the bench? i was watching 7 not 9 so only saw looks like Teddy got the axe.
The team reported by Channel 9:

1. Dylan Edwards
2. Brian To’o
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Joseph Sua’ali’i
5. Zac Lomax
6. Jarome Luai
7. Nicho Hynes
8. Payne Haas
9. Reece Robson
10. Jake Trbojevic (c)
11. Angus Crichton