A little bit of history repeating

Needaname

I took a trip down memory lane and checked out some of our previous season threads that sit in the archives.
It’s a funny trip and worthwhile to read through some of the threads but I thought I’d make a list of couple of the popular topics below for others to check out.
Just reading the headings makes for a bit of a laugh.

When Kevin proctor signed for the Titans, one poster stated.

“2 Nov 2016, 10:17
It’s depressing reading all the other clubs announcements knowing we have nothing much to get excited about. I know it’s a reflection of the former management’s decisions but geez They must have been worse than I eve thought possible. Just look at Parra and the Titans it makes me sick!“

But closer to home here is a rather relevant extract from the Luke Lewis Thread in 2012 which says a bit about the plight of recruitment always plaguing the Tigers.

“8 Jul 2012, 13:44
It would be great for us to finally benefit from sheens being Aussie coach. Every other rep coach signs players from rep teams.

If we signed him, I would take back eveything bad I’ve said about sheens…unless he played Lewis at prop…which I shouldn’t even joke about“

Followed by (after the decision)

“20 Jul 2012, 00:18
He gives away too many penalties ……has shoulders that are sure to break down a couple of times year … he is passed his best … He is also a sook , who had cry and quite his job because his boss told him the truth …

Good player to miss out on I say …”

There was one article in the thread that stated Parramatta has a 4 year offer on the table with a role as a strength and conditioning coach to follow.
Lewis played on for 6 more years with Cronulla…

Other Topic headings to check out

“Sheens has lost the dressing room”
“Chris McQueen Signs offical”
“Wests Tigers target Johnson and Widdop”
(Just a couple of players that people like to forget knocked back Ivan Cleary)
The original “Dale Finucane” thread
“New forwards needed for 2019” (mid year 2018)
“Who is the best signing in 2018 your looking most forward to seeing”
“James Graham” (rumoured to of been be switching Places with Aaron Woods)
“ The Lurker: Never a dull moment in Tiger town”
“Rumoured player signings”

It started soo brightly and then I got confused where the post was going?

@wswwt said in [A little bit of history repeating](/post/1428281) said:

No where really. That’s kinda the point. Whilst I love reading the contribution posters make to the forum this isn’t to be construed as a dig at early threads and posts. If you read back to other years where ‘turmoil’ and the promise of change you’ll see the repeated pattern is not the players, not the coach, not any particular person itself but the air of failure has been in the club since it’s inception. 2005 was a great achievement considering how poorly backed we were from all angles of the rugby league world. But aside from those years in and around and 5 years after that it has been a complete history of a battling club with battling players and a couple of juniors that agreed to stay locally and not chase big dollars or reputations at other more successful clubs.

@needaname said in [A little bit of history repeating](/post/1428361) said:

No where really. That’s kinda the point. Whilst I love reading the contribution posters make to the forum this isn’t to be construed as a dig at early threads and posts. If you read back to other years where ‘turmoil’ and the promise of change you’ll see the repeated pattern is not the players, not the coach, not any particular person itself but the air of failure has been in the club since it’s inception. 2005 was a great achievement considering how poorly backed we were from all angles of the rugby league world. But aside from those years in and around and 5 years after that it has been a complete history of a battling club with battling players and a couple of juniors that agreed to stay locally and not chase big dollars or reputations at other more successful clubs.

Battling players... Curtis Scott... Jimmy the Jet... Bj Leilua... hmm...

We cant possibly be looking at Curtis Scott? Desperate we may be, but that just cant happen.
PS: Lucky Balmain Leagues Club is closed , so if we do get him ,he cant commit any atrocity there. That just leaves Ashfield.

@aturkey said in [A little bit of history repeating](/post/1428893) said:
@needaname said in [A little bit of history repeating](/post/1428361) said:

Battling players... Curtis Scott... Jimmy the Jet... Bj Leilua... hmm...

It is quite literally a like for like replacement for Jimmy the jet who won’t be at the club beyond this year (confirmed)

The rebuild started with Sheens and now he has come full circle - he owes us to finish what he started.

@telltails said in [A little bit of history repeating](/post/1428975) said:
The rebuild started with Sheens and now he has come full circle - he owes us to finish what he started.

Agree. Sheens went through 2 playing group restructures with us and was set to start a third prior to his sacking. Just imagine how 2013-2014-2015 would have gone had Tim been able to continue to bring through players from our 2012 Toyota/Holden cup premiership winning Wests Tigers and our 2012 NSW Cup runners up Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers (whom contained all West Tigers contracted players and 2nd Tier cap players)
I’d say missing out on Luke Lewis may have been a factor to the club wanted to move in a new direction.

Back