A wasted season

@innsaneink said:
@anderson silva said:
we will be a better team next year**, with ayford moving to the forwards** and the out side back signings, moltzen improving at 7 and if we actually do buy a natural half it will be even better.

but again we still have players who dont contribute alot, like payten ryan & galea, i dont know about payne he has really improved over the last 6 weeks but i dont kno if i want him there next year.

Jesus christ, I hope not, he'll get snapped in half if he dont double his size.

It seems like everyone is anticapating Ayshford bulking up in the off season. As far as im concerned, he's at least 2 years off being ready for the backrow. But i have to say, i hate this fascination with turning strong backs into forwards. We have so much talent in the backrow it isnt funny, so lets concentrate on making Blake the best right centre we can, and im sure with either Tupou or Brown outside him next year, we'll have a tall, strong and potnent right side.

@king sirro said:
@innsaneink said:
@anderson silva said:
we will be a better team next year**, with ayford moving to the forwards** and the out side back signings, moltzen improving at 7 and if we actually do buy a natural half it will be even better.

but again we still have players who dont contribute alot, like payten ryan & galea, i dont know about payne he has really improved over the last 6 weeks but i dont kno if i want him there next year.

Jesus christ, I hope not, he'll get snapped in half if he dont double his size.

It seems like everyone is anticapating Ayshford bulking up in the off season. As far as im concerned, he's at least 2 years off being ready for the backrow. But i have to say, i hate this fascination with turning strong backs into forwards. We have so much talent in the backrow it isnt funny, so lets concentrate on making Blake the best right centre we can, and im sure with either Tupou or Brown outside him next year, we'll have a tall, strong and potnent right side.

brown wont be playing on the wing he will be fullback, and with us losing morris halatau payne and galea im sure ayshford will be coming off the bench as a back row/utility type player next year

our back row will look something like

ellis
heigno
dwyer

ayshford
payten
laurie
skandalis/lower grade forward

@anderson silva said:
@king sirro said:

brown wont be playing on the wing he will be fullback, and with us losing morris halatau payne and galea im sure ayshford will be coming off the bench as a back row/utility type player next year

ellis
heigno
dwyer

ayshford
payten
laurie

Give it a rest, you impress no one talking as if YOU are making the decisions, its annoying as all buggery

@innsaneink said:
@anderson silva said:
@king sirro said:

ellis
heigno
dwyer

ayshford
payten
laurie

Give it a rest, you impress no one talking as if YOU are making the decisions, its annoying as all buggery

its an opinion and ill give it, im not trying to impress anyone, you on the other hand is another question…..

Let's stay on topic folks, we're coming off a much needed win so it has been a good day. No need to have a go at anyone.

@cnx_tigers said:
Great atmosphere out there today :slight_smile:

Honestly, the comp this season is the most open since 2005\. There's two pretty good teams at the top and a host of even teams below them. Sounds just like 2005.

Our run though is way too late this time. We won't be there when it counts.

And it's a real shame as I honestly think we are a top 4 team.

On the one hand, I love that Sheens has a bunch of new youngsters coming through.

On the other hand, he's butchered our season…absoloutely butchered it by refusing to move John Morris earlier + refusing to play a genuine FB + insisting on two utlities on the bench. Week after week it was beyond obvious we needed some changes...and he waits until it's too late.

A genuine FB in...Johnny to the bench as a ultility (his PERFECT role)...only one ultilty on the bench at last (only due to Dene's injury)...and what do you know? We look pretty good.

Benji was absolutely sacfrificed at half back all season without ANY option on the other side of the field...finally, finally there's a guy there who can also go through a gap and throw a long pass...and we score 80 + points in two games.

Finally, finally we play a FB who can attack holes...and he scores two superb tries from distance.

Argh. Just so frustrating. A season wasted.

2010 will be good...but it's a long wait.

Side note one: We don't need to sign any more halves. **Robert Lui is the real deal.** He can pass either side, he can read the play. He's going to be a good one.

Side note two: Great to see blokes like Siro and Bruce McGuire out there today.

well said ,,,, but from what ive seen this season luis biggest problem will be his defence…...

@cnx_tigers said:
Great atmosphere out there today :slight_smile:

Honestly, the comp this season is the most open since 2005\. There's two pretty good teams at the top and a host of even teams below them. Sounds just like 2005.

Our run though is way too late this time. We won't be there when it counts.

And it's a real shame as I honestly think we are a top 4 team.

On the one hand, I love that Sheens has a bunch of new youngsters coming through.

On the other hand, he's butchered our season…absoloutely butchered it by refusing to move John Morris earlier + refusing to play a genuine FB + insisting on two utlities on the bench. Week after week it was beyond obvious we needed some changes...and he waits until it's too late.

A genuine FB in...Johnny to the bench as a ultility (his PERFECT role)...only one ultilty on the bench at last (only due to Dene's injury)...and what do you know? We look pretty good.

Benji was absolutely sacfrificed at half back all season without ANY option on the other side of the field...finally, finally there's a guy there who can also go through a gap and throw a long pass...and we score 80 + points in two games.

Finally, finally we play a FB who can attack holes...and he scores two superb tries from distance.

Argh. Just so frustrating. A season wasted.

2010 will be good...but it's a long wait.

Side note one: We don't need to sign any more halves. **Robert Lui is the real deal.** He can pass either side, he can read the play. He's going to be a good one.

Side note two: Great to see blokes like Siro and Bruce McGuire out there today.

When I was watching the game against the Cowboy's, I was thinking the same thing.

If only he played the current team earlier in the season. I'm sure we would have won more of those close games that we lost, and would have easily been in the top eight.

How good was Gallants try-saver! Played a very good game.

Moltzen looks good so far, we haven't lost a game with him playing half.

I just wish that this team was from round one, we would be in the top 8 and maybe the top 4.

I was one of the people who thought we were a good chance at the spoon this year, so to me anywhere up the table from their is a bonus. At full strength and when we put 60 minutes of football together we can give any team a run. The trouble is we struggle to do that week to week and shocker is never far away. To think we can really put a streak on in the coming weeks is fairy book stuff. The team has the ability but in reality just will not happen. We still have real issues with consistency, although I think its not far away.

Their are plenty of positives to take out of this season, mainly the ability the younger players and the call up players have shown when given their chance. Our depth looks good for 2010 and beyond so if the injury gods shine on us I can see good days ahead. I do agree if Sheens had taken the options with the 1 6 7 and 14 early on in the season things may now be slightly better but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Back