Aboriginal Player appreciation and recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazycat

This ain't about the referendum, but the great Aboriginal players that have played our game and played for our club.
I just want to recognise Aboriginal players and say thank you. Rugby League is a far better game with them and kudos to them for making our game so entertaining.

There is a lot of hate going around. I want to show some love and fan appreciation.

Our game would not be the same without:
Laurie Daily**
Greg Ingles
Arthur Beetson
Jonathan Thurston

Some Aboriginal players who have played for us:
Brent Naden
Daine Laurie (x2)
James Roberts
Tyrone Peachey

Yet the best for the WT:
Scott Prince, by far our clubs best halfback.

Scott you were awesome to watch and even when you joined the Titans I still cheered for you.
**who kept his Aboriginality hidden for a long time.

Steve Renouf & Cliffy Lyons. Two players who could do things other players couldn't.
Wow, I never knew.

Cliff Lyons man that guy had a moustache that would rival Magnum PI.
Awesome player. loved watching him.

Hodges and Shearer
Man, Hodges has to be the NR2 center of his time if only because GI was the NR1 center. He really could barge and run through.

I also liked how he would do a "it wasn't me" in almost every fight.

Reminds me too of David Peachy when asked "Your pretty honest, did you score that try", he said "oh yes most definately" and you just had to burst out laughing because you knew he wasn't sure.

You ever consider that sometimes it's not virtue signalling, it's just some people aren't [This word has been automatically removed]s?
Why not continue the conversation in one of the other threads dedicated to the best Indigenous players over the years? I’ve contributed in a couple at least…
OP is trolling because his opinions are getting pulled apart in the referendum thread.

Why not continue the conversation in one of the other threads dedicated to the best Indigenous players over the years? I’ve contributed in a couple at least…
OP is trolling because his opinions are getting pulled apart in the referendum thread.
Fair enough. I've stopped reading the referendum thread. Was becoming the same people rehashing the same arguments.

No-one's stopping you, champ.
The way I see it , I’d like to acknowledge the contribution of both the Non Aboriginal and Aboriginal people( I think we classify them all as Australians) for the way they have developed the mighty game of Rugby League. Interesting that whilst the game, like cricket, was introduced by our British founders it was thankfully adopted by so many around outt r great country !
With far too many names to mention since 1908 , I simply say thank you to one and all.
We salute you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back