Adam Cuthbertson

Luke

Extract from the Daily Telegraph:

FURTHER to yesterday's item about Adam Cuthbertson playing park football with Como last weekend, we can now confirm he desperately wants out of the Sharks.

Despite predictable denials from his manager, the former Sea Eagle is deeply unhappy with his spectacular demotion and is being shopped to a number of other Sydney clubs. The backrower will have to take a whopping pay-cut to leave, with no other club prepared to pay him anywhere near the $220,000-a-season he's reportedly receiving at Cronulla.

Are we one of the Sydney clubs? Should we be? Despite what Ricky Stuart thinks I reckon he is a decent bench player and if he can play like he was at the Eagles he would be great.

Thoughts?

He was going great guns for Manly in his first year…then his form declined dramatically.
If we were to sign him i'd like him to getinto better shape
last time I saw him play he was well overweight

Havnt seen much of him lately but a couple of years ago he was pretty gun off the bench.. Id take him for 100k, but only if Payten decides to leave, if not I think we should just develop the props we already have.

Lazy heap who runs with no gusto and throws stupid offloads.

Slammin Sam Harris Mark II

@Sabre said:
He was going great guns for Manly in his first year…**then his form declined dramatically.**
If we were to sign him i'd like him to getinto better shape
last time I saw him play he was well overweight

Playing for Cronulla will do that to you :laughing:

Never buy anyone Manly want to get rid of …..... Sam Harris should have taught us that

He's not worth $100k and the Tigers have better backrowers in NSW Cup at the moment.

Decent player at his best so when out of form….do not touch! From our perspective there would be no reason whatsoever to go chasing him. We've got a quality second row group as it is.

Sheens tried to sign him when he went to the Sharks, but I doubt he would want him now. I saw him at Henson park a few weeks ago playing against Bret, actually played well,set up most of their attacking raids on their left edge but looked 15kg over weight and not much condition.

But really another back rower is the last thing we need

We have plenty of quality backrowers all fighting for the 3 spots. Time to spend some dough on a quality prop or two if we can afford it, just to get the whole mob going forward. At the moment, there is a lot of sideways in our attack. I'd personally try and pick up an old head for a season or maybe two at most, and I would be working on Galloway and Fifita as my starters. Fifita goes forward, doesn't know any other way but needs another season or two like all good front rowers.

Having your pack made up of 5 backrowers plus Farah just does not create enough momentum.

Back