I'm certain he is a good bloke, but haven't seen anything that says he is captain material.
Admittedly, I don't get to training and this is where you see the natural leaders and who is following, but I haven't seen it from AD. I've seen him during games, like many others, juts standing there stone faced. Nothing wrong with that, because 95% of the population does that, and that's when real leaders and captains stand up and put themselves out there.
And if I was going to be brutally honest, I've seen it from no one else in the team either. I did see Joe O screaming at the team behind the goal line on multiple occasions last week, but can't say I've really noticed and I haven't seen anything else from him that has made him stand out.
I could see maybe a Jake Simpkin, if he has a good start in the next few weeks and gets some respect.
Not saying AD couldn't be, I'm just not seeing anything that I'd like to see from a leader.