Adam Doueihi #227

The only true professional that I would consider experienced enough to lead this team is API....the others are daylight behind him...Klemmer,Bateman Api etc have great experience behind them,such as rep players and finalists...AD,Brooks are still LEARNING....
It is a true professionals game ...let professionals do the job....

There's an official AD thread that's thalking about him being captain. 🥴

The only true professional that I would consider experienced enough to lead this team is API....the others are daylight behind him...Klemmer,Bateman Api etc have great experience behind them,such as rep players and finalists...AD,Brooks are still LEARNING....
Still think Joffa's the man. He doesn't always have to be on the paddock. Leading by example at training, and even on the bench. Talks well and players respect him. AD vice captain.

AD has a lot of making up to do in my mind before he is even considered as captain. Turning your back on the play a casually picking up your mouth guard, is not the actions of a leader in my books. Prove me wrong this year and I’m all for it.

I'd go Api too. I don't mind him being new to the club either , the new guys will be driving change.

I'd go Api too. I don't mind him being new to the club either , the new guys will be driving change.
If you're going to use a spine player as captain - Api has to be the choice.

I would still be going Joffa - he is a genuine mature leader by example - experience and sportsmanship - and is a great ambassador for the club!

And I NEVER like newbies being gifted the (C) without earning their dues in our jersey!

Whoever it is, I think we'll know early next week.

I'd say they'll announce it before trials start.

I think some people here assume that Joe will spend less time on the field playing at prop.

I can assure you now - Sheensy will utilise his fitness to play 60-70 quality minutes and rotate the props/locks rotation around him for impact.

Joffa will continue to play big minutes at high quality!

If you're going to use a spine player as captain - Api has to be the choice.

I would still be going Joffa - he is a genuine mature leader by example - experience and sportsmanship - and is a great ambassador for the club!

And I NEVER like newbies being gifted the (C) without earning their dues in our jersey!
Offa not a bad choice either. I usually have the same thoughts about a newbie being captain but have exceptions. I thought when Wests bought wazza Ryan and a shit load of new guys that Joe Thomas was a great choice, as was when we merged, it wasn't a Balmain or Wests player it was a newbie in McCracken. I feel this team has the same sort of feelng about it, a new era, out with the old thinking. Let's reboot the whole group.

Offa not a bad choice either. I usually have the same thoughts about a newbie being captain but have exceptions. I thought when Wests bought wazza Ryan and a shit load of new guys that Joe Thomas was a great choice, as was when we merged, it wasn't a Balmain or Wests player it was a newbie in McCracken. I feel this team has the same sort of feelng about it, a new era, out with the old thinking. Let's reboot the whole group.
I understand mate - but from a Balmain view I still prefer a bloke who has bled on that jersey to be the formal captain (like Junior, Benny, Sirro and Senter).

Thank phunk we never gave it to Field just because he was a mouthy #7!

Most of those blokes Wazza brought to Wests from the Bulldogs (aside from Langmack) didn't stay that long - and found greener pastures....

Loyalty can't be bought!!

I understand mate - but from a Balmain view I still prefer a bloke who has bled on that jersey to be the formal captain (like Junior, Benny, Sirro and Senter).

Thank phunk we never gave it to Field just because he was a mouthy #7!

Most of those blokes Wazza brought to Wests from the Bulldogs (aside from Langmack) didn't stay that long - and found greener pastures....

Loyalty can't be bought!!
Ideally a junior. Absolutely

Back