Another Quick Forum Update

@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508368) said:
@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508357) said:
This is a sad day for the forum. I’ll show my cards by declaring I’m a good mate of @cochise . Hi is a passionate, dedicated mod who puts hours into helping maintain standards. @willow I don’t know but he does the same. The standards on this forum are due to our mods. It’s largely a pleasant place because of them. The way these two mods were treated including the lack of communication around the changes was unprofessional and poor. They both deserve better.
I, like many, have posted less and less over the past 6 months because of the drop in standards and increase in negative and personally abusive posting. I fear this will increase. Very sad I think.

The standards on this forum are due to the mods.

The standards have dropped over the past 6 months.

Conflicting.
Anyway, change is as good as a holiday.

You seem to be deathriding them demps ? almost gloating dare I say ? I’m not judging , you did get banned for a few years . But do you honestly think it’s going to be noticeably better ? If at all. What happens if the new mods have an axe to grind against someone else ?
Then the whole thing begins again? Has it really been that bad ?

There’s a lot of speculation in here about what the changes mean. The only thing so far is two mods have been delegated. Let’s remember the last time (about a month ago) KUL made one of these threads the only change was the removal of the downvote. Obviously new mods will be needed and KUL has called out for names.

Change is always concerning but there is no point getting worked up until you know what those changes actually mean.

@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508372) said:
@gnr4life said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508367) said:
@roar_power said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508365) said:
It's a bit ordinary if Cochise and Willow weren't personally consulted about their demotion prior to being publicly dropped in this thread.

I’m not sure how word got out, but this wasn’t the first indication that they were dropped. I saw two posters in seperate threads doing a victory dance in an albeit subtle manner a couple hours earlier. Kul’s post only confirmed it.

Victory dance ? Lol that’s sad ! What could they possibly have done to anyone with all the regulations and rules on here .

Makes you worry about who’s going to put their hand up for the jobs when you read that.
We all don’t agree on every subject (you and me in lots of cases) but things don’t get out of hand.
I think the current mods have done a pretty good job considering the amount of posts and varying personalities.
Obviously some people have got their noses out of joint in the past ….but I seriously hope change doesn’t bring about a far inferior product.

@strongee said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508377) said:
This is a sad day for the forum. I’ll show my cards by declaring I’m a good mate of @cochise . Hi is a passionate, dedicated mod who puts hours into helping maintain standards. @willow I don’t know but he does the same. The standards on this forum are due to our mods. It’s largely a pleasant place because of them. The way these two mods were treated including the lack of communication around the changes was unprofessional and poor. They both deserve better.
I, like many, have posted less and less over the past 6 months because of the drop in standards and increase in negative and personally abusive posting. I fear this will increase. Very sad I think.

Conflicting.

You seem to be deathriding them demps ? almost gloating dare I say ? I’m not judging , you did get banned for a few years . But do you honestly think it’s going to be noticeably better ? If at all. What happens if the new mods have an axe to grind against someone else ?

I'm not dearh riding anyone.
I'm just throwing support behind the site owner.

As there seems to be a lack of that.

No player is bigger than the team, as they say and I support the team, in this sense the team is the forum as a whole.

@stryker-69 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508382) said:
He just wants it to be fair

I just want it to be like old times.
Drama free

@kul said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508385) said:

Drama free

We’ve been losing for too long for it to be drama free :grin:

@cktiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508387) said:
@kul said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508385) said:

Drama free

We’ve been losing for too long for it to be drama free :grin:

Don't think it's the mods who create the drama.

Conflicting.

Yes.
Most of the best members of this forum, those that helped build it, have been removed over the years to the detriment of it.
These changes will hopefully bring inclusion and representation of the entire fan base to discussions surrounding the club.
It is a positive move.

Conflicting.

In response to @demps it is not conflicting. The standards have dropped because the mods have had their hands tied and have been unable to operate without interference

@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508393) said:

Conflicting.

In response to @demps it is not conflicting. The standards have dropped because the mods have had their hands tied and have been unable to operate without interference

Exactly

Conflicting.

That is incorrect. Some of the mods caused the division and problems on here.

Conflicting.

Well, don't be too shy to do your part as an individual to uphold the standards of this place..

Evil prevails when the good do nothing.

Cochise and Willow aren't banned it seems, they're free to post like the rest of us. We've all read the in fighting going on within this group. Let's uplift and support each other.

The show must go on...

@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508399) said:

Conflicting.

Well, don't be too shy to do your part as an individual to uphold the standards of this place..

Evil prevails when the good do nothing.

Cochise and Willow aren't banned it seems, they're free to post like the rest of us. We've all read the in fighting going on within this group. Let's uplift and support each other.

The show must go on...

That's it lad! We are all Tigers supporters, sure there will be disagreements but this is the place we can all have a laugh and a chat together!

Let's hope we can snag some more good signings and see a few changes next season and can FINALLY have some success ?

No reason for people to worry about who's mod or what other forums are doing or blah blah blah. It's literally a website, people gotta stop taking it so seriously sometimes and just have fun and talk with their mates on here

@stryker-69 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508396) said:

Conflicting.

That is incorrect. Some of the mods caused the division and problems on here.

Mods having their authority taken away is not incorrect. It is fact. Your opinion regarding them causing division is just that - your opinion and really can’t be argued with any evidence.

Conflicting.

Hopefully the drama drops. I can't understand why there would be any drama with an internet forum.

A reminder that applications to be part of the new mod team must be sent to kul@weststigersforum.com

Sponsorships of applications will be viewed favourably. The existing mod team will be part of the decision making process.

I want to thank both @cochise and @willow for all the efforts in trying to keep this place enjoyable.

Being a mod must be a thankless task, volunteering thousands of hours and subjecting yourself to upset posters.

I've been on here less and less lately as the boring arguments have become more prevalent.

Whoever puts their hand up to volunteer to be mod, after watching how 2 long serving mods have been treated, I'd be having 2nd thoughts. I think you'll find it's a lot harder than you think - unless you are intending to just let anything go - in which case why have mods at all?

@kul I'm all for improvement to the site - but feel like this is comparable to paying farah $600k to pay at souths. Hopefully you have a change of heart and bring back like WT have.

If you want to compare to sites like Discord - which has had massive problems with online abuse - then hope you're setting out terms and conditions for use and paying 24 hour 'trust and safety' team

*'To better protect its users and its services since these events, Discord has implemented a trust and safety team that is on call around the clock to monitor the servers and respond to reports. This includes dealing with user harassment, servers that violate Discord's terms of service'*

Members online

Back