Anyone else feel like this?

king_sirro

Anyone feel different these days when we win compared to how u felt when we had a team of strugglers?

When we won in the old days the satisfaction and joy was so much higher, but when we win now its more a feeling of relief as my expections are so much higher these days. I think we really need the semi's to get that old feeling back.

Dont get me wrong, winning is still great, but its a different enjoyment to the old Wests and Balmain days. In those days every win was savoured but now we have bigger fish to fry than just the odd win and i think only semi final football can bring it back.

Anyone else feel this?

This might be the bourbon talking, but I've got a feeling we are going to explode and rocket well into the semis… lets start with those bastard rabbits.

\
\

I see what you mean.But we are a better team now which is good we arent really knows as the "underdogs" anymore):.

not really because we havent done anything for 4 years and we still have 8 of the 17 players still playing in our GF team from 05.

@king sirro said:
Anyone feel different these days when we win compared to how u felt when we had a team of strugglers?

When we won in the old days the satisfaction and joy was so much higher, but when we win now its more a feeling of relief as my expections are so much higher these days. I think we really need the semi's to get that old feeling back.

Dont get me wrong, winning is still great, but its a different enjoyment to the old Wests and Balmain days. In those days every win was savoured but now we have bigger fish to fry than just the odd win and i think only semi final football can bring it back.

Anyone else feel this?

Yeah I remember the odd win against the Dogs, melbourne Knights etc pre 05 and they were oh so sweet, against the odds backs to the wall type stuff.
Back then I went to games rarely expecting to win, more with a small % of hope.
Nowadays expect to win most days

I think we got used to the high risk massive ball movement exciting type footy…..thats gone a bit too

@king sirro said:

Anyone else feel this?

absolutely sirro.
the broncos game was the most hollow feeling i have ever felt after a victory.excluding games where a long term injury has been reported.
pre 05 i didn't care who we beat or how we beat them.
and a win against the broncos was always huge.

playing a top 4 team i just hoped we didn't get smashed by 30+
geez,i even felt proud of the boys after a few losses.
the only important date on the calender was june 31 and then you prayed for a decent signing or you would get to see a youngster get a go and give you some hope there was new talent ready to come in.
i remember following some kid at keebra who also played touch and waiting for the match reports of benji during schoolboy competition.any type of positive meant the world.

but right now we all know the players are capable of getting deep into the playoffs and everything is now critiqued because we are a factor in this premiership.
how much is up to the coaches and players.

what compounds the feeling is that we know this team can blow teams out of the water when on song.
but at the end of the day i pump my fist and say a win is a win and look forward to the next week.

We are winning, but not well.
The feeling of relief is due to the fact that the boys should be dominating these lower placed sides. Instead they are struggling and only just getting over the line.

@Kul said:
We are winning, but not well.
The feeling of relief is due to the fact that the boys should be dominating these lower placed sides. Instead they are struggling and only just getting over the line.

How long did/or are staying in Santorini Kul?…..has to be one of the best places on Earth at this time of year!!

I know the feeling.

When Wests made the top 8 in a 20 team comp as battlers in 96 it felt almost as good as winning the comp.

I guess it dosen"t help that the team is playing with little passion.At least we are well placed.

after the last few wins, I've gone away feeling that we were lucky more then anything.
and always follow up any assesment of the game with "a better team would have beaten us on the day"

I don't know what they need to do to start firing again, to start winning well..
hopefully this last month, although we've been winning is all part of a sheens masterstroke where he has the boys tapering off so that they can start peaking at the right end of the season.

I do think that the last few wins haven't been convincing either, but even so… we are going to play finals footy this year! I am wrapped that we are.
And remember we have a 100% finals record :smiley:

I'm always happy that we win, whether we smash them by 50 or squeak by with 2\. Mentality is always bound to change as the team actually begins to relise it's potential. For ages we've always complained how inconsistent we are, how we never win the close ones, but now we are doing exactly that, we get a different type of feeling. With our team we should expect to win, we are just not used to it.

@Magpie Magic said:
I know the feeling.

When Wests made the top 8 in a 20 team comp as battlers in 96 it felt almost as good as winning the comp.

I guess it dosen"t help that the team is playing with little passion.At least we are well placed.

I was at that finals game on the hill at Parramatta Stadium. We should have beat Cronulla. We were the better team for most of that match. Parramatta Stadium was better and could fit more people in when they didn't have seats behind the posts and just had those 2 big hills behind the posts.

@alien said:
@magpie magic said:
i know the feeling.

When wests made the top 8 in a 20 team comp as battlers in 96 it felt almost as good as winning the comp.

I guess it dosen"t help that the team is playing with little passion.at least we are well placed.

i was at that finals game on the hill at parramatta stadium. We should have beat cronulla. We were the better team for most of that match. Parramatta stadium was better and could fit more people in when they didn't have seats behind the posts and just had those 2 big hills behind the posts.

that was a great night.

@bonstonker said:
the only important date on the calender was june 31 and then you prayed for a decent signing or you would get to see a youngster get a go and give you some hope there was new talent ready to come in.

Agreed. We are still waiting for that all important date to arrive.

This year has been a let down, been to all the sydney based games and really bar the Parra game and to a lesser extent the Warriors game I have felt the team was going through the motions. Lack of intensity,lack of passion and lack of tiger magic. Anyway still time to change that over the next few weeks. At the start of the season I was thinking bottom of the eight, so I suppose I should be happy

Many many old threads get resurrected that's I've posted in and I don't recall my post.... But for some reason I remember this a lot often think of my thoughts in this thread... Gone from minimal hope in the early 2000s to expecting to always win around '10 &' 11...to utter disgust and contempt these days

Many many old threads get resurrected that's I've posted in and I don't recall my post.... But for some reason I remember this a lot often think of my thoughts in this thread... Gone from minimal hope in the early 2000s to expecting to always win around '10 &' 11...to utter disgust and contempt these days

I started reading this thread after it was bumped and then realised it was me who started it in 2010. No recollection at all

Back