Anyone still think we are better off without Marshall?

smoking_gun

He plays we win this game 13+ also potter needs to put teddy to fullback we look alot sharper with him back there.

But back to topic… U think we are better off u have bricks in your head

Hahah, 13+?? So, marshall basically doubles his try assists all season in one game.

Not saying we're better off, we probably would have won with him. but his impact is overrated, at least so far this season.

What would we do without farah. Anasta is not half. Molten should be our half

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

We definitely lack spark in attack. Sirro was solid, but I think he showed with a few of his runs that he has the making of an effective wide running backrower in a couple of years, particularly if he ends up tipping the scales at 107-108kg which is not unrealistic given his height and current weight of 103kg. He made 20 tackles today and only missed 1 too, so defence won't be as big an issue for him as it may be for other halves who move into the forwards.

We also look sharper with Teddy at fullback as he attacks the ball like Slater and returns it at speed.

even the great Benji needs some quick backs outside him …thats what benji is lacking ,, our centres and wingers , utai,reddy are too slow

@smoking gun said:
He plays we win this game 13+ also potter needs to put teddy to fullback we look alot sharper with him back there.

But back to topic… U think we are better off u have bricks in your head

if sirros fair try is given or if rowdy dosent drop the ball we win .

We looked much more structured out there today, however lacked the killer punch in attack - dare i say we looked boring.

What we don't need is Marshall all over the play.

We need Marshall complimenting the team, not owning it.

Inglis, Barba, Slater, Widdop, Foran - all players who play secondary roles in the side, but can turn the tide of the game - Marshall needs to be like this - inject himself when needed, but not take EVERYTHING over.

wouldn't have mattered who played today when we get inside the 20 metres line we forget how to attack that the issue we have

I think we managed okay without him today, although once Braith went off we fell apart. If we are without both Benji and Braith for an extended period we are in BIG trouble I think.

@Marshall_magic said:
I think we managed okay without him today, although once Braith went off we fell apart. If we are without both Benji and Braith for an extended period we are in BIG trouble I think.

Trouble ?lol ,mate we have no chance of making the top 8 this year .We should be going into rebuild mode ,we do have the younsters coming through .

@Golden said:
wouldn't have mattered who played today when we get inside the 20 metres line we forget how to attack that the issue we have

this, we haven't exactly been racking huge points with him playing the last couple of weeks.

Sure, very possible we win if Marshall plays.

However, its also very possible we would still lose with Marshall playing.

BUT - without Robbie we most certainly lose that game and I reckon that is fact..

I guess in a way I'm bringing that old chestnut as who is our most valuable player and if there was ever any doubt it's hands down Robbie and I think most supporters would agree surely.

Of course , this game needed someone like Benji today but we should improve our structure in future weeks..

We are in for a world of Hurt when we lose Robbie to SOO and I have a feeling Woods may make the 17 also.

@underdog said:
We looked much more structured out there today, however lacked the killer punch in attack - dare i say we looked boring.

Inglis, Barba, Slater, Widdop, Foran - all players who play secondary roles in the side, but can turn the tide of the game - Marshall needs to be like this - inject himself when needed, but not take EVERYTHING over.

100% agree. To even further the point we dont need Farah overplaying his hand nor forcing Benjis hand either. What I took away from today was that I think we make better metres without Benji in the halves, but we were hamstrung because Robbie overplayed his hands on the line. We have the talent on the books yet struggle for balance. I love Robbie, but he has more of a say in if we win or lose than any halve does, and I think we suffer at his detriment such as today because of it.

@underdog said:

I think this thread is outside the scope of the game as we damn well had opportunities to win it, but this is 100% correct. Marshall has his hands on the ball far too much, tries to play the game as a halfback but lacks the required game. I can't say we'd win with him today, that question will be condemned to history.

@1/4 chicken said:
@Marshall_magic said:

Trouble ?lol ,mate we have no chance of making the top 8 this year .We should be going into rebuild mode ,we do have the younsters coming through .

by BIG trouble I meant we would be front runners to bring home wooden cutlery.

@ball main said:
What would we do without farah. Anasta is not half. Molten should be our half

agreed. anasta has his place though.

Back