Are the players unhappy?

I know we stink to high heaven but if we take down our WT glasses and the putrid anti tigers sentiment from Dox League and others: the knights are a shambles, Silvers are imploding, titans are crapola, warriors are, well, the warriors, the drags aren't a whole lot better. So.... the NRL is in great shape, a mirror on the world in so far as the haves and the have nots - all good so long as PVL, Uncle Nick and his cronies are happy.

The players are probably pretty happy now. Been on the sauce for a few hours…just the fans who aren’t happy as they had to go to work instead of the pub. Maybe next year the club could pay us to go to the pub and the players go work instead

I know we stink to high heaven but if we take down our WT glasses and the putrid anti tigers sentiment from Dox League and others: the knights are a shambles, Silvers are imploding, titans are crapola, warriors are, well, the warriors, the drags aren't a whole lot better. So.... the NRL is in great shape, a mirror on the world in so far as the haves and the have nots - all good so long as PVL, Uncle Nick and his cronies are happy.
I hear you but, we are the proud owners of the 2022 wooden spoon. With a roster that needs work.

We always talk about administration ineptitude. Let me rattle a few off the top of my head from the last 2 years. Feel free to add to the list.
  1. Not allowing Hastings (suspended) and Doueihi (injured) to travel to a Gold Coast away game
  2. Allowing Luciano Leilua to leave partway through a season and not fulfil his contract
  3. Doueihi's conversation about wanting to play 5/8 or starting in reserve grade being leaked to the media
  4. Brooks potentially being dropped being leaked to the media
  5. Talking about signings in the media
  6. Head of agreements with Josh Addo-Carr (bonus: not offering Nofoaluma or Talau as a swap)
  7. Extending Madge then sacking him less than a year later (bonus: they sacked him the week after a bye round - GENIUS!)
  8. Letting the Cameron Ciraldo non-signing play out in the media (bonus: they released a statement saying they weren't going to sign him)
If you were actively trying to kill off a rugby league club you couldn’t do worse.

Are the players unhappy ? Well yes I would guess extremely so much so that some must be thinking get me out of here .but hope they realize that the crap performance and total lack of effort is on them

Absolutely not reserve grade players getting paid first grade players money just rub there hands together and admire there bank books

This year, I have not seen an unhappier looking first grader at any club more than Daine Laurie has been. Always has that "What the [This word has been automatically removed] am I doing here?" look about him. I doubt he leaves NSW but Im pretty sure he'd leave as quick as a flash for another club in NSW. I would not stand in his way either.

I know when Noddy was given the caretaker job his numero uno goal was for everyone to start having fun. I didn’t see that at any time during those 12 games.
What this tells me is there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes, the sort of crazy shit that, by design or not, is demotivating. Gosh I was almost crying just looking at how depressed the players were..almost had me calling Ronald to swing by with some happy meals.
I haven’t seen a training session, but apparently every week before each loss the guys train really well, so maybe that’s where they’re having the fun?

As well as releasing players early and letting others play for different clubs … sheenious
Yeah, initially I thought it was ok, but then I saw the results in the form of Uber floggings and I realised I made a mistake.

I didn’t hear of any of the players being arrested yesterday, that’s a start I guess.

I agree that Warriors and Titans aren't a whole lot better than us in the short term history nor the long term history. However, Dragons and Bulldogs have surpassed us for sure, with a lot of future promise as well.

Warriors and Titans however are single town teams- they are based in an area where Rugby League isn't the main sport. Titans are also 8 years younger than us. We are the worst Sydney- based team in terms of on-field performances whether you look at it long-term or short-term.

I'm kinda sick of blaming the NRL, the ARL, the media, the players who left us, the coaches that left us, the admin staff that left us. Just sick of blaming those who aren't here. I am not even interested in playing the blame game. I feel the Club needs to look at instilling a professionalism and work ethic through the entire Organisation, then the results will follow.

Not just because of the wooden spoon, but even the last 3 years, 80% of players would rather be playing against us than for us. Last 3 years, we have probably been the Club most players wouldn't want to go to.

COE is a big step in it all, but winning a few more games won't change a whole lot. We need to make the entire NRL think that this Club cares about its players, that they're happy here. Winning is the end-result of all that, not a part of the process.

Not just because of the wooden spoon, but even the last 3 years, 80% of players would rather be playing against us than for us. Last 3 years, we have probably been the Club most players wouldn't want to go to.
the story of Maguire's "sucess" with the WT!

When a club is making important decisions that concerns the club and the team, the senior players are usually asked to give their input, and, unless a player has some personal issues then all they should be focusing on is to perform their jobs as they are expected to and employed to do by the club.

For the players, the club has now provided the best training facilities in the RL world,

But, What is the meaning of this title thread and the question "are the players unhappy?" unhappy about what?

And If they have a personal or family issues, or some sort of a bad addiction or a mental health issue then all they need to do then is ask for help or ask for stress and mental health leave as it is recognised by the Australian National Employment Standards.

So, Just as all employees in other organizations are only concerned about their workers' rights and being paid for the job that they perform,
Then our players too should not be concerned about the clubs decisions or the coach or the day to day running of the business, if true, all of these reasons doesn't concern them and would seem as poor excuses for their bad performances and their unhappiness.

And our situation is nothing like that of the Manly debacle who are all now stressed to the max which seems that it will not be remedied quickly by just taking a Panadol

So unless they have personal issues and they are not being paid for their job, i see no reason why our players should be feeling unhappy, instead some of them should be very grateful for being well paid for their clumsy work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back