@hobbo1 said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143861) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143859) said:
Hmmmm

I enjoyed this 1

Not sure of I want to go again

Too late ...you’re in !
Just pick current players you know ..

Hahah sure

I got the feeling some younger members were voting blind too.. It is what it is... No biggie
Plenty to choose from next game all bar the stars there shouldn't be too mamy
"damn, I was gunna pick him"

@innsaneink said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143877) said:
I got the feeling some younger members were voting blind too.. It is what it is... No biggie
Plenty to choose from next game all bar the stars there shouldn't be too mamy
"damn, I was gunna pick him"

Some of the players who carried over from the 80’s were pretty vague to me. I’ll be totally lost when we’re picking players from the 70’s and 80’s.

@hobbo1 said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143854) said:
@happy_tiger said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143833) said:
@Geo said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143823) said:
@happy_tiger said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143818) said:
@Geo said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143808) said:
@happy_tiger said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143805) said:
@Geo said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143778) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143774) said:
What’s next?

The next one will be ALL STARS…50 years of Rugby League 1970 to present…this will eliminate the flopping into an era…the only stipulation if players from the 60’s are picked they must have at least played 4 Seasons in the 70’s either 1970-73 or some combination…

That opens it right up and would be quite interesting I think to see peoples thoughts on how the players from the past stack up against the modern day player…

Also the 80’s was also a great decade of RL…so they would also now be included and the 70’s was just a bloodbath…tough uncompromising player even the wingers…

So if you are interested post in this thread…if enough I’ll get it up and running…

Dunno mate ....my 70's knowledge is more aligned with the BRL ...you saw little NSWRL bar the AMCO Cup

Ummm so you have 40 other years to pick from...

I'm 51 and the most of the competitors were youngers than myself , Ink and you in the last round

You'll have people giving Warren Boland and Bruce Longbottom 13 points

If you are 51 why do you act like 6..

Stop giving away picks..

As for rating what you couldn't rate a certain backrower/Prop from the 70's who will likely be picked cause you didn't see him play...?

Mate a few were voting blind in the 90's comp ..one gave Steve Kearney a 1 ...bloke missed by a bee's sting of being in the NZ team of the century .....45 Tests ...youngest nZ captain at 21 ...and he got a 1

Sorry Geo spent a lot of time getting my team right for people to not even Wiki any players they never heard of

Sorry mate nothing personal

Kearny might’ve had the numbers but he was a nuffie mate

Always thought Kearney was a cheap-shot merchant. Remember one semi-final down at Olympic Park (might've been 2000) in the rain when he was handing out plenty of sly ones to the Knights players and then Butterfield hit him with a beaut swinging arm right across the nose, you could see the water fly off his noggin, he was sick and sorry? Think he might've been gone for the day after that. Remember thinking 'that was karma'. Butts was a no-nonsense kinda bloke like that!

What’s next?

The next one will be ALL STARS…50 years of Rugby League 1970 to present…this will eliminate the flopping into an era…the only stipulation if players from the 60’s are picked they must have at least played 4 Seasons in the 70’s either 1970-73 or some combination…

That opens it right up and would be quite interesting I think to see peoples thoughts on how the players from the past stack up against the modern day player…

Also the 80’s was also a great decade of RL…so they would also now be included and the 70’s was just a bloodbath…tough uncompromising player even the wingers…

So if you are interested post in this thread…if enough I’ll get it up and running…

Dunno mate ....my 70's knowledge is more aligned with the BRL ...you saw little NSWRL bar the AMCO Cup

I'm 51 and the most of the competitors were youngers than myself , Ink and you in the last round

Stop giving away picks..

As for rating what you couldn't rate a certain backrower/Prop from the 70's who will likely be picked cause you didn't see him play...?

Mate a few were voting blind in the 90's comp ..one gave Steve Kearney a 1 ...bloke missed by a bee's sting of being in the NZ team of the century .....45 Tests ...youngest nZ captain at 21 ...and he got a 1

Sorry Geo spent a lot of time getting my team right for people to not even Wiki any players they never heard of

I think everyone would've had a player like that Hap. Names mean more than stats sometimes unfortunately!

@Fade-To-Black said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143905) said:
What’s next?

Stop giving away picks..

I think everyone would've had a player like that Hap. Names mean more than stats sometimes unfortunately!

Haps is just havin a sad ...
He’ll be back for another flogging lol ?

@Fade-To-Black said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143904) said:
@hobbo1 said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143854) said:
What’s next?

Stop giving away picks..

Kearny might’ve had the numbers but he was a nuffie mate

Always thought Kearney was a cheap-shot merchant. Remember one semi-final down at Olympic Park (might've been 2000) in the rain when he was handing out plenty of sly ones to the Knights players and then Butterfield hit him with a beaut swinging arm right across the nose, you could see the water fly off his noggin, he was sick and sorry? Think he might've been gone for the day after that. Remember thinking 'that was karma'. Butts was a no-nonsense kinda bloke like that!

Butterfields son is sort of the same

Quite a good bloke.. He is a comedian

What’s next?

Stop giving away picks..

What would you give this player based on stats...254 FG games 2 Premierships 1 Clive Churchill Medal 13 Tests 3 Origins..

The other thing too a lot of the time a player on there own was a great/very good ..player just they were up against greater players in their batch...

Enjoyed reading the voting in relation to my own view. Did notice the age dynamic. Curious to read the next one as over a long time as team make up was different example lock is different player now to many years ago.
Andbefore any one ask no.
Before you ask no.

Entrants for the next one

so far @Fade-To-Black @kiwitiger @hobbo1 @Geo. @Chicken_Faced_Killa @GNR4LIFE @innsaneink @happy_tiger @TheDaBoss

@Geo said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1144092) said:

so far @Fade-To-Black @kiwitiger @hobbo1 @Geo. @Chicken_Faced_Killa @GNR4LIFE @innsaneink @happy_tiger

meeee :)

@Geo said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1143919) said:
What’s next?

Stop giving away picks..

What would you give this player based on stats...254 FG games 2 Premierships 1 Clive Churchill Medal 13 Tests 3 Origins..

The other thing too a lot of the time a player on there own was a great/very good ..player just they were up against greater players in their batch...

That's a bloody good career! I dismiss Premierships though, there have been some ordinary players that have won Premierships, if you're lucky enough to be in a good team then you're in with a chance of snagging a ring.
A player with those stats would more than likely be top 5 out of our group of 14: depending on who else is amongst his group of course.
Who was that player?

@Fade-To-Black said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1144111) said:
What’s next?

Stop giving away picks..

That's a bloody good career! I dismiss Premierships though, there have been some ordinary players that have won Premierships, if you're lucky enough to be in a good team then you're in with a chance of snagging a ring.
A player with those stats would more than likely be top 5 out of our group of 14: depending on who else is amongst his group of course.
Who was that player?

Paul Dunn

@kiwitiger said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1144114) said:
@Fade-To-Black said in [ARL\-The 90's\.\.](/post/1144111) said:
What’s next?

Stop giving away picks..

Who was that player?

Paul Dunn

Correct..that's why in isolation looking at wiki for stats about a player doesn't tell a story as he mostly got a 3..and in comparison to others he was up against Lazo Harrogan Carroll Davidson Perto etc deserved it..

so far @Fade-To-Black @kiwitiger @hobbo1 @Geo. @Chicken_Faced_Killa @GNR4LIFE @innsaneink @happy_tiger @TheDaBoss

Need a few more starters for this to make it worthwhile..otherwise we can continue to enjoy the Covid 19 and politics threads to pass the time.....

Back