Terrible ref

That impersonal of a ref today was embarrassing ! No idea, I think the her eyes where painted on...I'm not going to list everything I'm sure you all watched the same game. It needs to be better, imagine that was in the finals.male or female I couldn't give a f..K just get it right and be consistent. In my opinion

Reactions: BZN
The ref allowed WWE today and offsides. The difference is bulldogs are coached to break the rules smartly and we play fair. Our forwards get hit as soon as catching the ball and we make no metres out of trouble. All the field position goes to the Dogs.

I applaud them it’s the Panthers method. Boring as hell and the grapples and twists are not rugby league but Tigers need to wisen up. Dogs showed us how to win Benji should be paying close attention.

Blame the ref all you like but it’s us that didn’t take advantage of a weak ref and wasted time arguing and getting frustrated

We played shit in the second half. No doubting that,. Having a female ref that cannot keep up with the play also didn't help.
I'm 52 so i couldn't care less about political correctness. Is todays referee talent pool so low? She was horrible.
Piss her off.

I havent watched todays game to comment on the performance but i believe you are absolutely right about the female refs being appointed simply through political correctness.

Years ago the Badgers had a podcast where they would review the controversial decisions made over the weekend and explain how the ref in question likely came to the conclusion they did. On the podcast the topic of female referees was raised. Kasey herself said that the game is to fast for any female to keep up with and adjudicate on to an acceptable level. It makes sense given the game is played by professional athletes there would be few enough men that could keep up with the pace of the game.

The topic was again broached when Sharpe made her debut. This was at the time of two referees and again the thought of both the Badgers was that the game was to fast for a woman to be lead referee but a woman could comfortably meet the phyical demands of a pocket ref (which Sharpe initially was).

Now that we are back to one referee and the game has only become faster in that time I don't understand how those in control can expect a woman to perform the role, nor why Kasey has taken on a role that she herself previously deemed herself incapable.
Just to prove she was right

The ref allowed WWE today and offsides. The difference is bulldogs are coached to break the rules smartly and we play fair. Our forwards get hit as soon as catching the ball and we make no metres out of trouble. All the field position goes to the Dogs.

I applaud them it’s the Panthers method. Boring as hell and the grapples and twists are not rugby league but Tigers need to wisen up. Dogs showed us how to win Benji should be paying close attention.

Blame the ref all you like but it’s us that didn’t take advantage of a weak ref and wasted time arguing and getting frustrated
I dont blame the ref for the loss. We have severe deficiencies within our squad. I def agree we aren’t a smart team. But how do you take advantage of a weak ref with decisions like when the whole line being offside when the dogs did it all night? Or kikaus NFL pass? Being told you don’t have a challenge left when you already had 2 decisions over turned?

Wests Tigers are a young, inexperienced team this year. We struggle to compete every game this year and the effort is there I believe and our defence has improved a lot this year.. However, every week, every single gotdamn week the referee and the Bunker make disgusting, deliberate decisive calls against us that absolutely have a negative influence on our game.. it is a deadset joke.. I am over it . And when supporters of other teams are also blowing up over the unfairness of the officiating you know there is a problem.. WHAT should we do ? Does Richo need to approach the. NRL with a list of examples or does Benji need to do a Ricky Stuart ? Or should The Podcasts again take matters into their own hands ? I just want a fair go , nothing more !! Does anybody have any suggestions?

Takes a really special kind of person to want to peruse a career in a job that at best is thankless and at worst, everyone hates your guts. And it’s even worse at junior level. Why anyone would willingly put themselves in that position to have yobbos threaten you because you can’t keep their seven year olds opponents onside is beyond me.

Wests Tigers are a young, inexperienced team this year. We struggle to compete every game this year and the effort is there I believe and our defence has improved a lot this year.. However, every week, every single gotdamn week the referee and the Bunker make disgusting, deliberate decisive calls against us that absolutely have a negative influence on our game.. it is a deadset joke.. I am over it . And when supporters of other teams are also blowing up over the unfairness of the officiating you know there is a problem.. WHAT should we do ? Does Richo need to approach the. NRL with a list of examples or does Benji need to do a Ricky Stuart ? Or should The Podcasts again take matters into their own hands ? I just want a fair go , nothing more !! Does anybody have any suggestions?

Referees are coached/trained to deliver a product that is entertaining for television audiences but not always to make correct decisions if it is going to make the final scoreline not as attractive to watch.The 6 again rule was bought in to "blowout" scores more because it is all about the "glamour" of scoring points.Unfortunately the game has been heading this way for the last 25 years or so at least.Referees have always made mistakes and they always will as they are human but now the emphasis is to provide entertainment above all else and a fair sporting contest is no longer an objective.
The NRL is actively destroying the sport i love and have followed for 7 decades all in the pursuit of making money

I dont blame the ref for the loss. We have severe deficiencies within our squad. I def agree we aren’t a smart team. But how do you take advantage of a weak ref with decisions like when the whole line being offside when the dogs did it all night? Or kikaus NFL pass? Being told you don’t have a challenge left when you already had 2 decisions over turned?
No doubt we contributed to our own demise,but how many times did we get the ball out to the wings with a bit of open space..only once..and Stains scores.Dogs are a slow team(excet for JAC)and played to their strengths and the refs weakness
Dogs were so offside that invariably our first or second receiver got smashed the second they received the ball .We got burnt early by 6 agains doing the same thing
Dont think Bateman is captaincy material to credibly deal with refs on these issues

Serious question.,
Why do you people think that we are picked on by officials?
Why us in particular?
Badger even said on mic yesterday words to the affect - I’ve tried to work with your team the whole first half, get them to get it together.
It seems to me that our club has forged a reputation as being difficult to officiate.

Serious question.,
Why us in particular?
Badger even said on mic yesterday words to the affect - I’ve tried to work with your team the whole first half, get them to get it together.
It seems to me that our club has forged a reputation as being difficult to officiate.
Are you graham annesley?

I constantly see you defend the referees.. they have to be accountable aswell.
Did the api no try last week not fire you up?
Did the penalty high tackle yesterday that had to be over turned because kikaus head fell into a tigers knee not fire you up?
Did the bulldogs offload that went forward called play on not fire you up?

Congrats on keeping calm… and yeah it’s easy to say they should have kept their cool but I’d be frustrated as hell too if I was on that field

Serious question.,
Why us in particular?
It’s a hard sell when Sezar’s tackle was an obvious sin bin, yet he stayed on the field.

Are you graham annesley?

I constantly see you defend the referees.. they have to be accountable aswell.
Did the api no try last week not fire you up?
Did the penalty high tackle yesterday that had to be over turned because kikaus head fell into a tigers knee not fire you up?
Did the bulldogs offload that went forward called play on not fire you up?

Congrats on keeping calm… and yeah it’s easy to say they should have kept their cool but I’d be frustrated as hell too if I was on that field
So you don’t have an answer to my question?
Rather try and attack me than have a reasonable discussion?
Thanks for contributing.

So you don’t have an answer to my question?
Rather try and attack me than have a reasonable discussion?
Thanks for contributing.
The same referee who had 5 decisions over called in the first half.

She is incompetent at her job.

Kinda like how we are incompetent at playing rugby league

Reactions: BZN
No doubt we contributed to our own demise,but how many times did we get the ball out to the wings with a bit of open space..only once..and Stains scores.Dogs are a slow team(excet for JAC)and played to their strengths and the refs weakness
Dogs were so offside that invariably our first or second receiver got smashed the second they received the ball .We got burnt early by 6 agains doing the same thing
Dont think Bateman is captaincy material to credibly deal with refs on these issues
The perfect example of why we need 2 refs. You cant fef the ruck and the 10 metres at the same time the games 2 fast.

Latest posts

Back