Badger is a muppet

ron_burgandy

tell me the last time a ref has called held then the player ran off the mark and hes told him to go back instead of blowing a penalty? and he didnt run 2-3 metres it was a good 10 metres he ran…..ol' johnny cartwright seems to forget the calls that went his teams way.....

Ron, its about time a ref had a bit of common sense, in the heat of the moment in front of 14000 people its very har to hear the referee at the best of times. Great call even if it was for the opposition

refereeing was not good tongiht, we got the better of the closer calls that mattered. that binning late in the game wasnt warranted.

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
Ron, its about time a ref had a bit of common sense, in the heat of the moment in front of 14000 people its very har to hear the referee at the best of times. Great call even if it was for the opposition

unfortuantly that isnt the rule though and it hasnt been ruled that way forever….you cant just change the rule because its loud

Its because it was accidental by campbell.
But then again nobody means to make a knock on yet its still a turnover

We got most of the 50/50 calls, on the whole I thought he did a good job. Iam sure if you look at the tape you will find they had more to complain about than us

I'd be filthy with the refs if I was a Titans fan, we got a lot of 50/50s.

As far as that held call goes, I was happy for the ref to tell him to go back and play the ball.

@ron burgandy said:
@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:

unfortuantly that isnt the rule though and it hasnt been ruled that way forever….you cant just change the rule because its loud

thats the problem I have with it it SHOULD be the rule but the refs so no consistany ever with it and it showed tonight

@Jazza said:
I'd be filthy with the refs if I was a Titans fan, we got a lot of 50/50s.

As far as that held call goes, I was happy for the ref to tell him to go back and play the ball.

i agree that it should be the rule or atleast a handover of posession like when you pass after they call held…but it isnt the current rule in place and it should of been a penalty and its been ruled that way all year

If i was the Titans i would be spitting. We were given a huge leg up tonight. However im happy to take it as we have had alot of dodgy close losses over the years. I will not be feeling sorry for John Cartwright or Prince or the Titans for one second. I hope they are fuming.

i dont really see what the titans have to complain about…the sin binning was justified...it was a one on one fight and minicello just starts throwing punches from the second row as the 3rd man in..btw i think he hit friend more then robbie too

Gus Gould reckoned it was the right decision. I didn't mind the refereeing tonight though, it was much better than last week.

As Ron said Robbie and Friend were having a bit of an argument and Mini came over the top throwing rabbit killers everywhere clocking all and sundry….the binning was justified.
As for Badger....good.on.him...wish they all had the common sense to do it.

What badger did was the correct thing to do. the problem is that this is probably the first time ever a ref has used common sense and sent a player back to play the ball. if teams have been called up for it in the past and esp this year, then i do not appreciate ref's to start going away from the norm at the tigers' expense. other calls were ok. about time we get a REAL home ground advantage. minichello's sin bin was correct and consistent with the normal rule of 3rd man in goes for 10 in the bin. i think you will find that a few of mini's punches landed into the back of friend, who at that point would have been copping it from all angles with farah smashing him from infront.

I thought the refereeing was good.

Campbell being allowed to walk back and play the ball should happen more often. Ellis got penalised for this recently and it was a bad decision. It is better to just walk them back.

Minichello imo simply lost it and deserved to get 10 minutes. That sort of stuff should result in an immediate 10 minutes. He jumped in to something he wasn't involved in and threw a lot of punches. If he has gone in and stopped it or moved his player away no problems - he just started swinging for the fences.

sensible call on Campbell, although not what the rules say.
and right decision on Mini - ref had to do it to maintain control.

We got the 50-50 calls because our forwards were dominating. When they dominate you get ruck penalties and momentum swings your way.

The Titans came to town with a game plan to slow us down and they got found out by the reffs.

The forward pass calls were correct and alot of their penalties were for mandatory stuff like the kick out on the full, the binning & Birds dissent

@stryker said:
As for Badger….good.on.him...wish they all had the common sense to do it.

Now that one ref has done it, it should be consistent.

Back