10 Chris Armit
11 Yileen Gordon
12 Dene Halatau
13 Brad Morrin

14 Nathan Smith
15 Tim Browne
16 Danny Williams
17 Daniel Harrison

Will be a very hard game. Down on troops in a major way and facing a Bulldogs side with an NRL pack and a returning Ben Roberts.

We are missing Carr, Meaney, Bennett, Al Schirnack and a few others.

Will take a big effort and alot of heart but thats what this side is about

Going to be a very tough game for BRET, Bulldogs have got some good strong players in there line up.

Very strong forward pack for the Bulldogs, this is a massive test for the Tigers. Good opportunity for Tupou to have a crack at some NRL level players too. Hopefully he's more switched on than last week, the team will need him to be.

I assume so as only Bundy Red Cup players appear in the judiciary sheet this week

I think Mataka should go well in the centres. He knows how to run onto the ball and into the gaps. He is definately big enough for the centres and should be fast enough. He is a bit like Akeripa and Davis. Good as a wide running backrower or centre.

When is Bennett and Davidson coming back?

As expect, Canterbury ran right over BRET today…their forwards way to strong , far better organized , and just wore down the Tigers.
The boys were hanging on in the first half under in good Wests Tigers fashion let in a try , right at half time to go in the sheds 10-0 down.
But without Ryan Carr's direction out of dummy half , and Lazo refusing to take on the line and woeful kicking game , the Tigers attack struggled and what could go wrong, did go wrong.It didn't help the halves that the Tigers forwards were not standing deep and not bending the line, and not helping the halves by creating no platform for them.
Full time really couldn't come quick enough, as the last 15 minutes of the game , Canterbury really started to put points at will...and with 3 minutes to go , it was 32-0.

Blake , though his excution was off , never stop trying in defense , and go a late try against the run of play , but too little too late.I thought the Tigers would lose thus one , but I thought there would by on 4 to 6 points in it....they are missing Meaney & Carr , big time

Stanouts …Matty Ryan ,Rhys Curran & Sammy Latu , is all I could see , when I wasn't shaking my head. Tame is lucky he can walk, Nevertheless run , with that knee ,tried a bit harder in defence , but I can't see him getting a starting spot in reserve grade ...forgot about first grade.
Willie Mataka was exposed all game in the centres , with his very lazy defensive style, and I can't see him been given a contract next year

Winsdor next Saturday at Leichhardt is the lads have a chance to get back to the form of 3 or 4 weeks ago

Tame was woesful. For example he missed a tackle on our 40 causing a break. 3 tackles on our tryline later and he is just walking back onside. Nothing to do with the injury IMO just lazy.

Weighing up having 9 players unavailable and the strength of the Bulldogs outfit I am not really that upset by the loss. The Chris Armit break on a kick off return was embarassing though. But with a NRL laden pack and Ben Roberts directing it was a tough day at the office.

Gower did good things and until Farlow came off his defence was really great as normal. Seemed to pick up a shoulder injury though and missed the last 10-15 minutes of the game.

The halves were overwhelmed by the size of the dogs side coupled with a very narrow, poorly policed 10 metres. Lazarus tried but Nicholls was vitually non existent.

Alad is spot on about missing Carr and Meaney though. We had our opportunities in the first half to put on a couple of tries before the Dogs scored but a lack of direction at the ruck hurt us. It is a shame that our back up in Makaui is also out with a shoulder injury for the season.

The positives from the game were the game time that Jason Schirnack was able to get under his belt and his performance and I thought Dave Fifitas stint at the end showed he may have discovered a work ethic and some mongrel. Brett Lane was great as he is every week (needs more beard though)

Joe Ulibau played well replacing the injured Callaway in the starting side but suffered an ankle injury himself. To demonstrate how thin on the ground the Tigers were yesterday Tame was moved to wing yesterday when Joe injured himself and when he wasn't cutting it we played with interchange prop Ryan Dalziel on the wing.

It wasn't a good day but next week rolls around soon enough.

Smeg ….How many mintues did Jason Schirnack play?

Sounds like a tough game to watch....

Farlow another outstanding game defensively. Absolute workaholic and is the real cornerstone to BRET's defence. If Jared doesn't play, the scoreline would've blown out to 60 - 6 easily.
David Fifita gave plenty of impact off the bench and produced several damaging runs breaking through the line with plenty of mongrel. One of BRET's best.
Huihahau and his kick returns are exciting, often beating his first and second chasers, extremely elusive and hard to tackle.
Ulibau once again showed plenty of promise and looks to have plenty of hidden talent, but came off injured with an ankle injury.
Lane and Mataka in the centres provided good size and hard attacking raids when given the opportunity.
I felt the halves didn't provide the options towards the completion of their sets, whilst Cowan at fullback showed a lack of unrgency needed for this role. Lazarus is the NEXT BEST fullback option at BRET and should've been considered in front of Cowan whilst Meaney attempts to recover to get back for the finals.
Tupou….oh my god....i'm surprised the referee didn't book him for jaywalking as he was simply......PEDESTRIAN!! Lack of ability to shift laterally due to his knees, and then was moved out to the wing which provided the Bulldogs a open gateway to the tryline, poor bloke really needs to hang up the boots IMO, the damage is done.
Gower once again lead the way with his charges and virtually popped his head and hands THROUGH THE LINE without much success of finding a hip runner to capitalise on his created opportunities.

BRET did extremely well to hold the Dogs at bay in the first half, but the two soft tries were simply through lack of urgency and laid the platform for a second half shellacking. Failing to move up on Roberts was their biggest mistake, especially when they knew how much first grade experience they were playing against.
Lack of direction around the ruck usually provided by Carr, the pressure relieving hit-ups from Bennett early in the tackle count, and the hard line running from Meaney were all sorely missed from BRET's game.
The troops will all hopefully be returning from injury at the right time with the likes of Al Shirnack still to provide some real go forward to give the finals a good rattle.

But for the meantime, BRET needs to limp through the next few weeks with some makeshift pluggings to maintain their standing at the top of the table.
My key shifts for next week would go something along these lines:

1\. Lazarus
6.Cowan
7\. Nicholls
9\. Farlow
13\. Mataka

or

1\. Lazarus
6\. Farlow
7\. Nicholls
9\. Middleton
13\. Lane

You should've taken my advice last week Fletch... :wink:

@Geo. said:
Smeg ….How many mintues did Jason Schirnack play?

Sounds like a tough game to watch....

He would have played 65 I think Geo.

It wasn't an easy one at all but I went in expecting a tough game to watch.

Back