Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers Side Vs Melbourne Storm

system

Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers coach Paul Fletcher has announced his team for the Round 15 clash with the Storm.
\
\
Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers coach Paul Fletcher has announced his team for the Round 15 clash with the Storm.
The game is being played at Olympic Park, Melbourne on Saturday 19th June.

Kick off is at 2pm.
\
\
\
1\. Sean Meaney
2\. Lee Bennett C
3\. Tame Tupou
4\. Mitch Brown
5\. Sam Latu

6\. Darren Nicholls
7\. Blake Lazarus

8\. Eloni Vunakece
9\. Ryan Carr
10\. David Gower
11\. Rhys Curran
12\. Matthew Ryan
13\. Jared Farlow

14\. Willie Mataka
15\. Alan Schirnack
16\. Gavin Cowan
17\. Brett Lane
18\. Matty Davidson
19\. David Fafita

interesting center combo. i wonder that means fitzy or mckinnon is in with brown in reserves

I might just have to use the frequent flyer points to check this one out

I wonder if Tame in the backs is a Sheens request. I hold out hope that he can still make FG on the wing.

That's a very interesting side. Tupou and Brown in the centres should be interesting. Surprised to see David Fifita on the extended bench. Matty Davidson deserves a run before him.

I think game time may be a part of it as well to be honest.

Our front row is in very good form at this point in time and realistically we have Schirnack and Davidson in front of him on the bench. It will be a good test and Cowan & Lane on the bench allow the versatlity to shift him to the forwards for a period if they want to see his form there.

When you consider Jason Schirnack is till to return and that is the team without he or Taumata we are looking pretty good this season.

Hopefully Dave Fifita is ready to work and prove himself

@Danos said:
I wonder if Tame in the backs is a Sheens request. I hold out hope that he can still make FG on the wing.

I'd say it would be. Obviously the clubs plan was for Tame to be a prop, I doubt the reserve grade side would go against that unless prompted by Sheens.

Could also be a fitness related thing, to sort of ease him back a bit.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@Danos said:

I'd say it would be. Obviously the clubs plan was for Tame to be a prop, I doubt the reserve grade side would go against that unless prompted by Sheens.

Could also be a fitness related thing, to sort of ease him back a bit.

Playing centre will certainly require less of his fitness than slugging it out in the middle of the field with the pigs, plus as Smeg said, the Balmain front row is in good form so it's hard to throw him straight in there at the expense of players in form and getting the job done.

Just great to see him back and hopefully he can force his way into first grade if his form is good enough. Should be a scary sight for the Storm centres, Tupou is similar in stature to Tony Williams from Manly.

Melbourne Storm Team
\
\
1 Justin Oneill
2 Maeli Seve
3 Willie Isa
4 Chase Stanley
5 Dane Chisholm
6 Daniel O’Regan
7 Luke Kelly ©
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Rory Kostjasyn
10 Sione Kite
11 Robbie Rochow
12 Hep Cahill
13 Billy Rogers

14 Sinbad Kali
15 Pulou Vaituutuu
16 James Woolford
17 Daniel ORegan

Coach: Tony Adam

Tough to beat down their but that's a mighty strong and loooooooong Balmain team…..

Always good to have options....

I am surprised to see Lazo & Ryan named, after the way they left the field on Sunday…gain. At 5/8 & Nichols at half is a real possibility .Hopefully David Fifita comes into this game fitter and more determined to impress...he has been very disappointing so far. I was also hoping not to see Meaney in this good BRET lineup as he reallly deserves more of a chance than the 2 minutes he got against the Bulldogs....Sheens , the big teaser,,,,anyway , if allfit and they run out as named , strike up another victory, even down there

Strange putting a guy coming back from a knee recon in the toughest defensive position on the park.
Will be interested to hear just _where_ he does play

Where do the players that don't end up being selected for BRET end up, does the Balmain comp have an A grade comp any more or do they play somewhere else.

@Leroy The Tigers Fan said:
Where do the players that don't end up being selected for BRET end up, does the Balmain comp have an A grade comp any more or do they play somewhere else.

Some of them turn out in the Bundy red cup dont they?

@Danos said:
@Leroy The Tigers Fan said:

Some of them turn out in the Bundy red cup dont they?

I would expect that is where the Magpie players go to the Campbelltown Eagles but the question was in reference to the Balmain surplus players, as we have a heap of players returning from injury where do the players not selected go?, do they get a game anywhere?.

They play in the Balmain District A Grade competition if not used by State Cup

Back